Blake?

[name]Blake[/name] Apollina
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this…
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Astoria[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Avalon[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this, too…
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Aveline[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this…
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this…
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] –
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Jacaranda[/name] –
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Mercedes[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosalia[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this…
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Renee[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Sedona[/name]

I agree with Zard about the initials, but if it bothers you, that’s all that matters. :slight_smile: I personally think that initials spelling benign words are no big deal (granted, BEG isn’t a positive word), while initials spelling words like HAG and NAG are an entirely different issue. :slight_smile:

Continued good wishes! :slight_smile:

[name]Blake[/name] is the name of my favorite actress [name]Blake[/name] Lively, so I think it’s a very cute name!! I think a girly middle name is a good idea for her. Naming her after your husband’s brother is very sweet of you. :slight_smile:

Zard, you have given us even more gorgeous options, thank you! My hubby’s brother’s middle name was actually [name]Anthony[/name], so I am really loving [name]Antonia[/name], among some of your other beautiful selections! Thank you! Hubby has reassured me that there is nothing wrong with the initials BAG, but BEG kind of bothers him. So, our updated shortlist, with some of hubby’s revisions as well :slight_smile:

[name]Blake[/name] Apollina
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Althea[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] – [name]James[/name] is in love with this one!!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosalia[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Sedona[/name]

And thank you, mbv802, for the well-wishes :slight_smile:

I just wanted to share with you all [name]James[/name] and I’s updated shortlist :slight_smile: And he wants to extend his thanks to everyone, as well! It really means a lot to him, as you can imagine.

[name]Blake[/name] Apollina – I’m still clinging to my love of [name]Apolline[/name]!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Antonia[/name] – We both love this because it is close to [name]James[/name]’ brother’s middle name, [name]Anthony[/name].
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] - Another one of my loves!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Astoria[/name] – And another that I just can’t bring myself to count out just yet :slight_smile:
[name]Blake[/name] Aveleine – [name]James[/name] doesn’t care for it much, but I still love it.
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] – This is still his favorite.
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] – Still find this so adorable!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Romilly[/name] – [name]James[/name] saw this suggestion of yours, [name]Jill[/name], and he loves it :slight_smile: So onto the list it goes!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosalia[/name] – We both love the meaning of this one.
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Sedona[/name] – Again, [name]James[/name] isn’t so crazy about it but I still love it!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name] - Another one [name]James[/name] took a liking to :slight_smile:

Here are the 4 I really love. Go with what makes you happy though :slight_smile:

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]”I love the meaning this would have to you and your husband!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] ” ultra feminine and very pretty” love it
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name]-- [name]LOVE[/name] this one!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosalia[/name]”I really like this too

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Kristen[/name]. :slight_smile: I’m going to star my favorites…

[name]Blake[/name] Apollina: [name]Appoline[/name] or Apollina? I’m going to vote for [name]Appoline[/name]. [name]Blake[/name] [name]Appoline[/name]. :slight_smile:

*[name]Blake[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]: I really love this one, too, and think it’s sweet that both [name]Blake[/name]'s first and middle name may be honored. I think it’s really pretty, and love how it means "priceless one, " which applies to both your baby and [name]Blake[/name]. :slight_smile:

*[name]Blake[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]: I love [name]Arabella[/name], too. :slight_smile:

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Astoria[/name]: I can see its appeal, but I can’t help to think of [name]Astoria[/name] Queens… (I’ll try to de-program myself, though!)

*[name]Blake[/name] [name]Aveline[/name]: If [name]James[/name] doesn’t like it, it’s probably out, but I do love the sound of [name]Blake[/name] [name]Aveline[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name]: I love [name]Guinevere[/name], but I personally prefer your other choices with [name]Blake[/name], because of the hard K and hard G sounds.

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]: I think [name]Hermione[/name] is cute, too, but I prefer some of your other choices with [name]Blake[/name].

*[name]Blake[/name] [name]Romilly[/name]: Woo-hoo! High fives, [name]James[/name]! :slight_smile: I think [name]Blake[/name] [name]Romilly[/name] is lovely…

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosalia[/name]: [name]Rosalie[/name] or [name]Rosalia[/name]?

I looked up [name]Rosalia[/name], and it said it’s a [name]Roman[/name] ceremony involving hanging roses over tombs. I have to share that I think I’d be freaked out having a middle name dealing with tombs, death, and graveyards, especially if I were named after my deceased uncle. I think I’d feel like a walking memorial. I totally understand how the meaning ties in with your husband’s brother, but I thought I’d share my thoughts (and sincerely hope you aren’t offended).

I think a floral name, like [name]Rosalie[/name], could still signify leaving flowers on his grave without the direct tombstone meaning. It may also be cool to think of names meaing “life” or “happiness” (or other virtues) to honor [name]Blake[/name]'s life. (I think [name]Rosalia[/name] is really pretty, though!) Like I said, these are just my personal thoughts, so feel free to take them with a grain of salt. :slight_smile:

I’m sure some of these have been mentioned, but some ideas to honor [name]Blake[/name]'s life:

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] (noble)
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] (loving)
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Ambrosia[/name] (“immortal one,” but that may be kind of creepy…)
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name] (fine friend, and you could call her [name]Bebe[/name] as a nickname)
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name] (bright, shining one)
[name]Blake[/name] Valetine/[name]Valentia[/name] (strong, healthy one)
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Fiorella[/name] (little flower)
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] (flower)
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] ([name]Jasmine[/name] flower)
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Viviana[/name] (life)
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] (life)

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Sedona[/name]: I used to vacation in [name]Sedona[/name], so I can’t detach the name from the city. (Cool city, though!) :slight_smile:

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]: I love [name]Tamsin[/name], too, and can totally see it on [name]Blake[/name]'s sister! With [name]Blake[/name], I love your longer options, though. (But that’s just me!)

I love so many of your choices, and I’m really happy for you and your husband. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Jill[/name], you are the greatest :slight_smile: We both thank you so so much for your ongoing input. You are helping more than you know, and it means so much!! You have brought up even more gorgeous choices!!

As for [name]Apolline[/name]/Apollina, [name]Apolline[/name] is my favorite but it was suggested earlier on in the thread that Apollina sounded better. Now that you bring it up, I honestly like my original [name]Apolline[/name] better :slight_smile: And we both agree that you’ve brought up a VERY good point with [name]Rosalia[/name]. We hadn’t thought of it and such a way, but when you REALLY look at it it is a bit morbid. I’m not offended at all by it, I thank you for pointing it out! I think we’re going to eliminate that one :slight_smile:

So once again, our updated shortlist… it just keeps getting bigger, instead of getting smaller!

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Apolline[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Ambrosia[/name] – I love the sound of it, but you’re right, the meaning is slightly creepy…
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] – I’ve always loved this name, it’s beautiful :slight_smile:
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] Aveleine
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name] – Oh my gosh, I love this one!!!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name] – Another one of my favorite names :slight_smile:
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name] – I am loving this one a lot more than [name]Rosalie[/name]/[name]Rosalia[/name]!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Valentia[/name] – Another favorite for [name]James[/name]!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] – [name]Adore[/name] this!!

PS: [name]James[/name] thanks you from the bottom of his heart for pointing out the [name]Sedona[/name], AZ connection :slight_smile: He’s vacationed there as well, and he was having a hard time disassociating it with the city, too! So out it goes, much to his happiness :slight_smile:

Phew! I’m so relieved you and your husband weren’t offended by what I said about [name]Rosalia[/name]. I know how sensitive the naming process is, and I was really afraid to say anything, especially because you can’t hear tone via the Internet. Phew! :slight_smile:

Helping you is tons of fun and a pleasure, and I’m sure everyone here agrees.

I’m really glad you like [name]Bellamy[/name], not only because of the meaning, but because I think your husband was looking for nicknames. I think [name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name], nn [name]Bebe[/name], would be darling.

I’m so happy about [name]Rosabelle[/name] (or Rosabel), too, because it means beautiful rose, which applies to your baby girl and and to [name]Blake[/name]. I really love all of the new names you’ve added!

Ha ha…Yeah, poor [name]Sedona[/name] just couldn’t catch any breaks in the middle name game. :slight_smile: (Buh bye, [name]Sedona[/name]!) You can take [name]Blake[/name] there someday and let her know she was almost named [name]Blake[/name] [name]Sedona[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Do[/name] all of the combos sound good with your last name, or do some sound better than others? ([name]Just[/name] curious…)

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

Oh, I know what you mean! The Internet is such a treacherous thing sometimes :slight_smile: But we were definitely not offended in the slightest. Like I said, we thank you for it! And [name]James[/name] was looking for nicknames – compulsion of his, it’s really adorable – and [name]Bebe[/name] is a precious one! [name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name] has definitely shot to the top of our list.

Some of the combos definitely sound better with our last name than most; it’s something we’ve very strongly been taking into consideration :slight_smile: I’m slightly paranoid of spelling it out on the Internet, since it is so rare here in the US, but I’m fairly certain no one could go about spelling it from its pronunciation: Jug-on-day.

[name]James[/name] agrees with you and now insists that someday we will take [name]Blake[/name] to [name]Sedona[/name], and he will be sure to tell her how her silly mommy wanted to name her after one of his favorite vacation spots. Haha!

You have a good night, too :slight_smile:

You have some really beautiful and meaningful options! At this point I don’t think you can go wrong! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, Zard :slight_smile:

I think most of your choices sound great with your (very cool) last name! :slight_smile: If you’re not comfortable having written it phonetically, you could always delete it from the post, or simply write that it begins with a J sound, has three syllables, and ends with a long A sound. I totally understand your privacy concerns, and was just trying to find a way to help you narrow down your list. :slight_smile:

Thank you so very much, [name]Jill[/name] :slight_smile: I’m not concerned at all about having written it out phonetically; it is such a monster to spell that I have absolutely nothing to worry about! We both appreciate your help so much, and [name]Blake[/name]'s name sounding good with her to-be last name is, obviously, of the utmost importance to us!

Like we’ve been doing every night, we sat down and worked on shortening our shortlist some more :slight_smile: It is getting harder and harder, because I truly love all of the names that are left!

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]

Though she probably won’t make it to our final cut, I am holding onto my beloved [name]Apolline[/name] for just a little bit longer :slight_smile: If anything, if we are ever blessed with another daughter, this will most likely become her name. Right now, our top choices are unquestionably [name]Blake[/name] [name]Antonia[/name] and [name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name] :slight_smile: My silly [name]James[/name] is still clinging to his love of [name]Guinevere[/name]!!

I love your top three!

Like we’ve been doing every night, we sat down and worked on shortening our shortlist some more :slight_smile: It is getting harder and harder, because I truly love all of the names that are left!

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Apolline[/name] - love, so different
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] - very pretty
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Antonia[/name] - this is so amazing
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name] - I am not used to this, will probably grow on me since [name]Jill[/name] likes it.
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] - love it! I agree with your husband!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Romilly[/name] - really, really love this one!
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name] - I think this is my fave. I agree about [name]Rosalia[/name], it is too morbid. But I really, really loved it in a way.
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name] - this is so adorable!

Thank you all so much for your continued feedback!! I know I must sound so monotonous, but it really means the world to [name]James[/name] and I :slight_smile: We are loving several of these names so much, we are honestly beginning to contemplate using two of them – he has taken a strong liking to [name]Blake[/name] [name]Antonia[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name]. Probably not, as it would be one heck of a mouthful, but it has definitely been crossing both of our minds as of late!

For now, we have (barely) managed to reduce our shortlist to six!

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name]

I love your list, [name]Kristen[/name]! I think each option is so fresh, with its own unique feel. :slight_smile: I seriously don’t even have a favorite!

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Apolline[/name]: I love this so much, and picture a sophisticated scholar or artist…

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]: I love this one, too! I love that it’s [name]Blake[/name]'s middle name, [name]Anthony[/name], and I think the meaning is so heartfelt. I picture a very beautiful dancer or artist with this one…

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name]: I know [name]Bellamy[/name] isn’t feminine like the others, but I think [name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name] sounds quite sophisticated, and I’m so glad you liked it! I picture an elegant lawyer.

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name]: I think this is pretty, too, and it has [name]Appoline[/name]'s feel for me.

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Romilly[/name]: See [name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name]…

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name]: This combo has [name]Antonia[/name]'s feminine, beautiful feel for me, and it feels almost angelic to me.

Like I said, I think you have so many gorgeous choices! :slight_smile:

Have a great night!

My fave is [name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name]!

Oh, they’re all so pretty!

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Apolline[/name]- [name]Apolline[/name] is one of my favorite middle names in general, so I love this. So soft and feminine.
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]- This isn’t my favorite, but the meaning behind it is very, very nice.
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name]- This is amazing! I think it’s my favorite. It’s just so fun to say! I actually think it’s very feminine, but more fun than girly… if that makes sense
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name]- This is my second favorite. It’s just beautiful.
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Romilly[/name]- I’m sorry, but I don’t like [name]Romilly[/name].
[name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name]- I love [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Belle[/name], but I’m not sure about [name]Rosabelle[/name]… actually, I said it aloud a few times and it [name]Blake[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name] sounds very pretty!

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Antonia[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name] is cute! Personally, I don’t think it’s too much of a mouthful, but if you do, out it goes! My best advice is that my favorite part of my son’s name is that it has a ton of personal meaning to us. Whenever I think about his name, I am so glad that I chose a middle name (2 middles, actually) that had meaning instead of just something that sounded good, which I was sooo tempted to do!

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Romilly[/name] is my favorite!!!