Blake

Thoughts on [name]Blake[/name]?

I have known two Blakes. [name]One[/name] is a good association, the other not so good. But despite that, I like the name. Maybe not for a first, in my opinion, but I think it would make a good middle name with a stronger first name. [name]Griffin[/name] [name]Blake[/name], or [name]Gareth[/name] [name]Blake[/name].(Some may not think those strong names, that is a subjective opinion. [name]Just[/name] names that came to my mind. ) :slight_smile:

I like [name]Blake[/name]. Like the pp I kind of prefer it as a middle name but I don’t dislike it as a first name. I have never personally met anyone named [name]Blake[/name] so I don’t have any personal associations with it.

I really like the name [name]Blake[/name]. I am not a huge fan of nick names, and I don’t think anyone would shorten [name]Blake[/name] down. However, if you would like to give him a nick name, I think [name]Blake[/name] would also work well as a middle name.

[name]Blake[/name] is ok, as a middle name.

I love it! It’s a simple and recognizable yet has a bit of a spunky feel. It’s not SUPER popular (top 100 but not top 10 or anything). It’s on my list!

I like [name]Blake[/name]! Considering it for my baby boy too! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Blake[/name], unfortunately won’t be able to use it since it sounds terrible with our last name!

I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Blake[/name] as a first name but it’s too similar to our last name so it’s a no go for us. I think it’s great though.

I know a [name]Blake[/name]… we call him Splake!

I have a very good friend named [name]Blake[/name]…but she’s a girl! So I think I’m biased and think of her. But I do love the name.

Dislike. It reminds me of [name]Blair[/name], [name]Sloane[/name], [name]Slade[/name]…all those kinds of names, none of which I like (I know, I’m not explaining myself well!) I just think it sounds harsh and a bit dated.

At this point it’s unisex. I know a girl & a few guys with this name. It’s a bit preppy & crisp imo.

When I was growing up in [name_u]America[/name_u] as a child we called names like [name_u]Blake[/name_u] surname names. They are quite Midwestern and sound a bit lower class - not [name_f]East[/name_f] Coast old money etc. It is super pretentious to call your kid after the surname of a famous poet. It is also considered quite a council estate name in the UK.