Blakely??

I love this name for my baby girl. I’ve had a lot of people tell me it sounds too boyish. What do you think? My other two names are [name]Honor[/name] and [name]Haven[/name]. Opinions please!

A coworker just had a daughter last year that she named [name]Blake[/name]. It’s too unisex for my taste, but I definitely prefer [name]Blake[/name] to [name]Blakely[/name].

I like [name]Honor[/name], but based on what I’ve seen around the boards here, few other people do.

Not too many people care for [name]Honor[/name] either. I just want her to have a very different and unique name. I don’t want a popular name for her.

[name]Honor[/name] is great - [name]Blakely[/name] is way too trendy and masculine.

Thanks! I think I AM leaning toward [name]Honor[/name]…very sweet and feminine to me.

[name]Honor[/name] is beautiful… [name]Do[/name] you have any MN ideas?

Between your three names, I would choose [name]Honor[/name]. [name]Blakely[/name] is just too trendy and because [name]Haven[/name] has the popular “en” ending, I think this name will increase in popularity as well.

You’re right [name]Mischa[/name]…

Blake or Blakely in the UK is a very masculine name. So much so that it would never even cross my mind that the name might belong to a girl.

I like Honor it’s strong, unusual and classy.

I prefer [name]Honor[/name] over [name]Haven[/name] and [name]Blakely[/name] as well.

I prefer [name]Honor[/name] to your other names, although I’m not crazy about it.

I really like [name]Honor[/name], I think it’s got a good tradition and sounds nice. I think some people backlash since there’s a celebrity baby with this name, but that doesn’t change that it’s a nice name. [name]Blakely[/name] seems like a smoosh of [name]Blake[/name] and Lively and so seems both celebrity-tastic and made-up: I understand liking the rhythm and sound, but it’s also kind of like you smooshed [name]Blake[/name] and [name]Bailey[/name], it’s just too much. [name]Haven[/name] also makes me think of the phrase terrorist haven for some reason.

I’d go with [name]Honor[/name], it’s lovely. Nn her [name]Nora[/name] if you ever want a nn?

Good luck!

The first thing I thought of was [name]Blake[/name] Lively’s name smooshed together when I saw [name]Blakely[/name]. I’m not a fan of it or of [name]Blake[/name].
Out of your other two choices I would go with [name]Haven[/name].

I’m going to be the person to disagree and say I love [name]Blake[/name] for a girl. [name]Blakely[/name] is ok, but I like plain [name]Blake[/name] better. But - it is a boy name, so only if you are ok with using boys names for girls. I like [name]Blake[/name] a lot better than [name]Haven[/name]. [name]Haven[/name] sounds a bit stripper-ish to me. [name]Honor[/name], I like it ok.

[name]Honor[/name] is a lovely name, very classy.

rollo

One of my best friends growing up in the 90s (we were born in 1990) was named [name]Blakeley[/name] (mn [name]Marie[/name]), ans she’s a girl. So for me, it totally works! Her sister is [name]Keaton[/name].

I don’t like [name]Honor[/name] or [name]Haven[/name] at all. However, I think that [name]Blakeley[/name] is lovely. I would prefer Blakesley though, I think the “s” adds a little something :slight_smile:

I really don’t like [name]Honor[/name] or [name]Haven[/name]. [name]How[/name] about Blakesley - [name]Trista[/name] and [name]Ryan[/name] Sutter’s daughter is called Blakesley [name]Grace[/name] and I reckon it sounds more feminine than Blakey.

I like [name]Blakely[/name] ok. Not really my style. I love [name]Honor[/name] though! Wish the hubs liked it. :confused: [name]Haven[/name] is pretty, but I have a feeling it could get pretty popular in the next few years. I know of two baby girls named [name]Haven[/name] and I have a boy teen cousin named [name]Haven[/name].

It’s a bit of a nightmare, sounds like a weird smoosh of [name]Blake[/name] Lively’s name… Much prefer just [name]Blake[/name]! don’t like [name]Honor[/name] or [name]Haven[/name] at all. [name]Blake[/name] is not my personal style, but I do think it’s cute enough.