blank is the new blank

I was watching a popular television show and someone made an offensive comment about the name [name]Britney[/name] - Is this fair to the unsuspecting, well-intentioned parents out there who fell in love with this name 15+ years ago?

I had this thought… what will our current faves feel like in 10+ years?

It’s true that [name]Sophia[/name] is a beautiful name but didn’t [name]Christina[/name] have the same glamorous/ethnic sound to us many years back? I named my daughter [name]Violet[/name]… Is there a name from the past that we think [name]Violet[/name]'s popularity/associations etc. can be compared to?

I think the only way to get an idea of how our favorite names will feel to us in 10+ years is to compare it to a name that has become overly familiar to us.

We won’t know for sure, but can anyone make a prediction and explain why?

Ex) Is [name]Addison[/name] the new [name]Allison[/name]: Endearing nicknames [name]Addie[/name] and [name]Allie[/name], similar sounds and mass appeal. Okay, this one is a bit obvious but you get the idea :slight_smile:

[name]Abigail[/name] is the new [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Abby[/name] is the new [name]Lizzie[/name].
But you can also say [name]Isabelle[/name] is the new [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Yet you can also say [name]Isabelle[/name] is the new [name]Jennifer[/name]!
[name]Emma[/name] is the new [name]Emily[/name].
[name]Ada[/name] might be the new [name]Ava[/name]! And [name]Adelaide[/name] might be the new [name]Ada[/name]!
[name]Violet[/name] is the new [name]Daisy[/name].

I have some “I wish!” blank were the new blank! I wish [name]Clementine[/name] were the new [name]Samantha[/name] and [name]Clem[/name] the new [name]Sam[/name]!

[name]Sophia[/name] is the new [name]Jessica[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] is the new [name]Jennifer[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name] is the new [name]Michelle[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] is the new [name]Erica[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] is the new [name]Amy[/name]

[name]Aiden[/name], [name]Jaden[/name], [name]Brayden[/name] are the new [name]Hailey[/name], [name]Kayley[/name], [name]Bailey[/name].

[name]Bryn[/name] is the new [name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] is the new [name]Christine[/name]
[name]Mia[/name] is the new [name]Amy[/name]
[name]Alexis[/name] is the new [name]Caitlin[/name]

[name]Elijah[/name] is the new [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Noah[/name] is the new [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Mason[/name] is the new [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Aiden[/name] is the new [name]Jason[/name]

[name]Chloe[/name] is the new [name]Zoe[/name] (yes this is my name, but I still think it beats out [name]Zoe[/name]!)
[name]Molly[/name] is the new [name]Holly[/name] - although [name]Holly[/name] may have a more modern sound, [name]Molly[/name] has been dragged up from the depths of the vintage basement, and is now fresh again. One can only hope that [name]Polly[/name] will become the new [name]Molly[/name].