Bliss....

My most recent name tag discovery is [name]Bliss[/name]. I have a nastyhabit of reading name tags at stores, restaurants ect. and found [name]Bliss[/name] labeling a young girl with blonde hair in her early twenties. I asked if that was her real name and as she responded in a flat tone of “yes”, I could tell I was obviously the 1,325,568 th person to ask her this question.

For me it was a first. What are your opinions on this name? I can see it like [name]Blythe[/name], a nice middle name.

[name]Bliss[/name] was mentioned in an old Nameberry blog post about “A Whole [name]Lotta[/name] Name”. While it is very pretty, with a lovely meaning it just seams a bit . . . much.

[name]Bliss[/name] is the name of [name]Ellen[/name] [name]Page[/name]'s ([name]Juno[/name]) new character in a movie about roller derby. It’s also kind of a family name for me, so I’ve played around with using it in the middle. I think it’s kind of fun in the first spot, but probably just a little [lot] too much. I’ve never heard it on a real life person.

My first assumption is that maybe her parents were kind of on the hippie, granola, natural side. I live in [name]California[/name] so it’s not unusual to hear an uncommon name. She was a very pretty girl with blonde hair. I can see the name more on a girl with blonde hair than with dark. I don’t know why .I guess I imagine a golden haired beauty frolicking in a sun drenched meadow with the smell of wildflowers in the air. As a family name it definitely opens the door to it’s possibility. Names in general seem more appealing when they have a family connection.

[name]Christy[/name] - Thank you! I looked and found the blog :slight_smile:

I think it’s pretty, but too much for me, much like [name]Ambrosia[/name]. (I also think of Miss [name]Bliss[/name] from Saved By The [name]Bell[/name]. Oh great…Now I have the theme song on my mind.) :slight_smile:

I love [name]Blythe[/name], though!

:slight_smile: