Blog name/ Pen name

I have a blog named Finding [name_f]Briar[/name_f].

My name isn’t actually [name_f]Briar[/name_f] but I chose it as a pen name because it means thorny patch and I was going through a “thorny patch” in my life at the point I started my blog. It is also sleeping beauty’s name and I felt like when I started my blog I was waking up for the first time in a long time, just like her.

If you’re using a pen name, why did you choose your pen name? If not, if you had to choose a pen name, what would you choose and why?

I use -EagleEyes- for almost everything (not [name_m]IRL[/name_m], only online). Eagles are such a symbolic animal, and eagle eyes usually refers to sharp vision, which is ironic since I have terrible vision without my glasses :wink: I chose the dashes since I like the symmetric feel it gives the name. Finding [name_f]Briar[/name_f] is a really cool pen name!

I love both -EagleEyes- & Finding [name_f]Briar[/name_f]! They’re both creative and well thought out. I like to use either K-la or klaryan. K-la is a nickname given to me by my parents instead of spelling it [name_f]Kayla[/name_f]. I’ve decided that once I (finally) finish a book and get it published, that’s what I’ll use. :slight_smile: Klaryan is more of a username that I use for things like Nameberry. It’s a combo of K-la and my middle name [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] :slight_smile:

All of your pen names are really nice, I like them a lot. Mine is “[name_u]Cam[/name_u] Boulder” [name_u]Cam[/name_u] is an unisex outtake on my real name, I really like it because it is closer to myself than my real name and it makes me worry less about sticking to labels; Boulder is because I like to think “hard” is an adjective to describe me, it is hard to break the many façades I’ve created for myself, I am hard on people (on me too), I barely ever show feelings, and so on…

(Sorry for my English, it is not my first language)

For most things online I use [name_f]Toya[/name_f] [name_m]Bail[/name_m], because [name_f]Toya[/name_f] is a nickname that sounds very different style wise from my actual ([name_f]Victoria[/name_f]), and [name_m]Bail[/name_m] because I’m so bad at conversation - it’s as if I’m blind and might use Braille. Slightly convoluted, but hey-ho

[name_m]Just[/name_m] recently I’ve been going with tailormade…as you can see! I guess I don’t really have a reason, I just wanted a pen name that was interesting, cute and original. And it kind of gives you a sense of identity - if something’s tailor made to you, there’s nothing else like it in the world…it’s one of a kind.

But yeah, I love looking at different pen names and how people thought them up…it’s seriously interesting!