Bly?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I don’t remember where I heard this name, I don’t know why I’m thinking about it, and I strangely can’t tell if I love it or strongly dislike it.
What do you think of the name [name_u]Bly[/name_u]?

Thanks! :heart:

1 Like

I really like it! I have a thing for simple, yet uncommon names and this fits the bill perfectly.

1 Like

I love it! Feels mature and mischievous both. Makes an especially cool and neutral nickname for [name_u]Blythe[/name_u].

1 Like

There’s some chance you got it from me posting about it on here a few times lately. I know a little (red-haired) 7 year old called Bly; I’ve been proposing it as an alternative to [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] or a cool name suggestion on posts lately. It has a more 1990s, casual and tailored feel to me than [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] and while I usually can’t resist a “th” sound, I think I prefer [name_u]Bly[/name_u] as a first name to [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] (prefer [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] in second spot).

1 Like

[name_u]Bly[/name_u] is cool - a bit like [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] but sort of more distinctive, more intriguing. It reminds me of Turn of the Screw

1 Like

This happens to me, I get a name or a word rattling around in my head and I don’t remember where I’ve heard it seen it but it demands my attention!

It would be a strong name in one direction or another wouldn’t it? I like Bly a lot because it’s a more streamlined Blythe, even leaning a little more gender neutral I feel. Bly shares the positive connotations of blithe. However, Bly also strongly reminds me of ‘blight’ and ‘fly’; blithe can mean blissful, wilful ignorance and sometimes it doesn’t sound name-like enough to me. A really mixed bag of associations!

Summary

1 Like

[name_u]Bly[/name_u] is very cool! At first i wasn’t so sure about it but it’s grown on me. I love it as a nn for [name_u]Blythe[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Nellie[/name_f] [name_u]Bly[/name_u]! Great namesake. It feels a bit abrupt for a first name but I love it as a middle.

1 Like

I’m really liking [name_u]Bly[/name_u] now with all the love she’s getting! Thank you :heart:

[name_f]Nellie[/name_f] [name_u]Bly[/name_u] was my first thought - really cool reference. I like it as a nn for [name_u]Blythe[/name_u]!

I’m sorry, but it doesn’t work for me at all.

It reminds me of blabla, fly

I don’t like it.