Bodhi/ Bodi

(They are separate names, not variations of each other, but are pronounced the same)

What do you think of [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]?
What do you think of [name_m]Bodi[/name_m]?
Which do you like better?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think using [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] is disrespectful?
What do you think of the bo-dee sound?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]/[name_m]Bodi[/name_m] is a strong name?
Can you picture a grown man with either name?
Which name do you prefer?

What do you think of [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]? I love [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]! It is one of my top names!

What do you think of [name_m]Bodi[/name_m]? I prefer [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]. [name_m]Bodi[/name_m] doesn’t look right, like it’s unfinished or a type-o.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think using [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] is disrespectful? No… I don’t know why anyone would think it’s disrespectful. It means “Awakening, enlightenment” and that seems like the total opposite of something disrespectful.

What do you think of the bo-dee sound? Since I really like the name I don’t mind it. I think [name_u]Bo[/name_u] would be a great nickname.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]/[name_m]Bodi[/name_m] is a strong name? I think it’s a strong name but still kind of whimsy.

Can you picture a grown man with either name? Yes.

Which name do you prefer? [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m].

(My understanding was that bodhi was a religious term so I wasn’t sure if it would be disrespectful to use it as a name)

I love your [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] combo BTW!

My little sister have been dating a [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] for 8 months now. I think it suits a young man very well. I definitely prefer the [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] spelling.

I prefer [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] - although they are both pronounced the same way, [name_m]Bodi[/name_m] is a little too close to the word “body” for my liking. I don’t feel that using [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] as a name is disrespectful.

[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] is a sweet name, and I love the pp’s suggestion of [name_u]Bo[/name_u] as a nickname, but it is not what I would describe as a “strong” name. Something like [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] or [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] would be a strong name for me; [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] is more of a sweet, sensitive kind of name. And there’s nothing wrong with that!

I think it works best on a child, but maybe that’s because I’ve only heard of new babies with this name (never met a [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m], though). I don’t have too much trouble picturing an adult [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m], and I’d certainly be intrigued to meet one.