Bodhi's Sister is on her way!

See the results of this poll: Bodhi’s sister needs a name!

Respondents: 62 (This poll is closed)

• Juno Cassidy: 24 (39%)
  • True Evangeline: 3 (5%)
  • Alma Deveraux : 15 (24%)
  • Sonnet Evangeline: 20 (32%)

I voted for [name]Sonnet[/name], but it was a tough choice between [name]Sonnet[/name] and [name]Alma[/name]. [name]Both[/name] [name]Sonnet[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] & [name]Alma[/name] [name]Deveraux[/name] are beautiful combinations!

[name]Juno[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] - Hmm I like the idea of [name]Juniper[/name] with the nn [name]Juno[/name] better. I think that with the movie [name]Juno[/name] being such a recent and huge success that people will only associate the name with the movie character, making the name not her own.

[name]True[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]- I think it is a too brief.

[name]Alma[/name] [name]Deveraux[/name] - I voted for [name]Alma[/name]. It is sweet and simple but still uncommon and distinctive, much like [name]Bodhi[/name].

[name]Sonnet[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] - Sonnett is a bit much as a fn imo. It just doesnt sound like a name to me.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Amadea[/name] btw.

Can I ask what [name]Bodhi[/name]'s middle name is? I have an adorable cousin named [name]Bodhi[/name] and I’ve never met or heard of anyone else who spells it the same way! Everyone tries to spell it [name]Bode[/name] or Bodie.

I love [name]Juno[/name] but I think [name]Alma[/name] goes so well with [name]Bodhi[/name]. Plus, Devereux is an great middle name.

Thanks for the responses so far! I’m glad someone else likes [name]Amadea[/name]. I like it too but I can’t tell if that’s just me being pregnant and crazy or not! In response to the [name]Juno[/name] Movie thing, I actually don’t mind the movie reference, and it’s a favorite of [name]Dan[/name] and mine, but I do see how it might bother other people.

@alexandramae- [name]Bodhi[/name]'s middle name is [name]Fletcher[/name], which is my maiden name. We’ve never met another [name]Bodhi[/name] but I do know of a [name]Bode[/name]. We picked the name for it’s meaning and connection to Buddhism (we’re not Buddhists though we did dabble in Buddhism at one point and we spent time in [name]India[/name] before having kids) so it kind of irks me when people spell it another way, since I feel that depletes it of it’s meaning.

He’s not even my child and it bothers me, too! I love the meaning and I know that my uncle chose it because of it’s ties to Buddhism, as well. [name]Even[/name] though, like you, he isn’t Buddhist himself. He also likes the Sanskrit language. My [name]Bodhi[/name]'s middle name is [name]Tristan[/name]. I’ve met a dog named Bodie and someone on another name site was trying to spell it Beaudi or something ridiculous like that.

I like [name]Ama[/name]. [name]Amadea[/name] reminds me of [name]Amadeus[/name] so I [name]Amadea[/name] sounds incomplete to me. However, if you love it, go for it. I like [name]Juno[/name]. It’s really growing on me.

He’s not even my child and it bothers me, too! I love the meaning and I know that my uncle chose it because of it’s ties to Buddhism, as well. [name]Even[/name] though, like you, he isn’t Buddhist himself. He also likes the Sanskrit language. My [name]Bodhi[/name]'s middle name is [name]Tristan[/name]. I’ve met a dog named Bodie and someone on another name site was trying to spell it Beaudi or something ridiculous like that.

I like [name]Ama[/name]. [name]Amadea[/name] reminds me of [name]Amadeus[/name] so I [name]Amadea[/name] sounds incomplete to me. However, if you love it, go for it. I like [name]Juno[/name]. It’s really growing on me.[/quote]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Amadea[/name] best out of all your names and it completely reminds me of [name]Amadeus[/name], which I also love!!! :slight_smile: I don’t think it sounds incomplete at all imo.

[name]Hi[/name] I hope that you are feeling okay and here are a few thoughts on the names so far.

All the very best

rollo

I found it hard to choose from your list

1. [name]Sonnet[/name] is nice as a full name but do you want a daughter with the nn of [name]Sonny[/name]?
  2. [name]Alma[/name] is unusual but doesn’t quite fit with [name]Bodhi[/name]
    3.[name]True[/name] sounds more boy to me
  3. [name]Juno[/name] again sounds more male so I would suggest [name]Junia[/name] if you like this style.

[name]Evangeline[/name] is such a beautiful name and nn of [name]Eva[/name] gorgeous too.

What about

[name]Daisy[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Light[/name] and cheery name and very feminine
[name]Eva[/name] [name]True[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Sonnet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Sonnet[/name] nn [name]Lou[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Cheerful[/name] and fun
[name]Adelina[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Junia[/name] [name]Love[/name] [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Bodhi[/name] as a sibset
[name]Junia[/name] [name]Beryl[/name] (precious stone)

I would concentrate on giving your daughter a lovely feminine sounding name.

PS [name]Amadea[/name] is a pretty name, I like it. [name]Amadea[/name] [name]Josephine[/name].

[name]Juno[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] - I love this one. I think [name]Juno[/name] is awesome and quirky, and it works great with [name]Bodhi[/name]. This is a great option. You said some people think of the movie which might be bad, but personally I think of the [name]Roman[/name] goddess which is a cool connection.

[name]True[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]- I’m not crazy about the name [name]True[/name]. It feels incomplete to me.

[name]Alma[/name] [name]Deveraux[/name] - The meaning “soul” definitely connects it to [name]Bodhi[/name]'s name. I kind of like the name [name]Alma[/name], but at the same time I’m not so sure about it. [name]Deveraux[/name] makes me think of a girl I know, and the book about the mouse.

[name]Sonnet[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] - I love the meaning this has for you and your husband, and I can definitely appreciate it because I also enjoy writing and hope to become an English teacher. But that’s beside the point; I think [name]Sonnet[/name] is an awesome, beautiful name that is also a little quirky like [name]Bodhi[/name]. I love the combo [name]Sonnet[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]. This is my favorite.

[name]Amadea[/name] - I’m not crazy about this one. I keep hearing that annoying 80s song that repeats the word [name]Amadeus[/name] over and over again. I’m not a fan, sorry.

My favorites are:
[name]Sonnet[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] (by far)
[name]Juno[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name]

Good luck and congrats! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! I actually like multiple names on your list. I really like your naming style, and wish I had the courage to go with some of those names myself!

[name]Juno[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] - If you’re going to call her [name]Juno[/name] 85% of the time of more, I would definitely go with [name]Juno[/name] and not [name]Juniper[/name]. [name]Juniper[/name] has a softer sound, and [name]Juno[/name] is much edgier, which I think goes better with [name]Bodhi[/name]. [name]Juno[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] is spunky and cool. Perfect with [name]Bodhi[/name]. I don’t think it sounds masculine at all- anyone who knows mythology knows that [name]Juno[/name] was the ultimate [name]Goddess[/name]- strong, powerful & feminine.

[name]True[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]- I think [name]True[/name] is pretty, but it’s not my favorite. I do think it sounds a bit brief with [name]Bodhi[/name]. I love [name]Evangeline[/name] though!

[name]Alma[/name] [name]Deveraux[/name] - [name]Alma[/name]'s one of my all time favorites! I do like how it sounds with [name]Bodhi[/name] but I think it’s of a very different style. [name]Alma[/name] to me is vintage and sweet, whereas I think you need something a bit different.

[name]Sonnet[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] - I love [name]Sonnet[/name]! It will cause a lot of people to react…interestingly…but I’m assuming you’re okay with that. I like [name]Juno[/name] just a bit more, but this is my second choice.

So, all in all, I think [name]Juno[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] is you’re best bet. It’s feminine but not overly girly and strong and meaningful, like [name]Bodhi[/name].

Oh, [name]Amadea[/name]: I only think of the song “[name]Rock[/name] Me [name]Amadeus[/name]” when I hear this name. People your daughters age will probably not know the song, but still. It is a pretty name though, with nice meaning.

I love [name]Sonnet[/name] and [name]Juno[/name] as equally lovely and unusual names to pair with [name]Bodhi[/name]. I really like [name]Juniper[/name] nn [name]Juno[/name] also.

I think [name]Alma[/name]! I love it. And I think [name]Sonnet[/name] is a little too crazy with [name]Bodhi[/name]…

[name]Alma[/name] [name]Deveraux[/name] definitely! I’ve always loved the name [name]Alma[/name], I think I commented on your last post about it! [name]Alma[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] would be really cute too.

i also thought of ‘rock me amadeus’ at the thought of [name]Amadea[/name]!

my vote went for [name]Juno[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name], mostly because i just love the name [name]Juno[/name]. For me, for some reason, everytime i hear the name [name]Alma[/name] i think of a fat old lady. I’m really sorry, but that’s my association with the name.
If you’re into shakespeare and poetry why not use the name of one of his characters (another reason why i think [name]Juno[/name] is a good choice)? like…

[name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Arden[/name]
[name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Regan[/name]
[name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Viola[/name]

good luck!

I really like [name]Juno[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name]! I see a little [name]Juno[/name] being full of energy and I can definitely see [name]Bodhi[/name] having a sister named [name]Juno[/name].

Good luck!
[name]Emily[/name]

I voted for [name]Juno[/name] but I really like [name]Alma[/name] as well. I get the appeal in [name]Sonnet[/name] and I like that you have a connection with that name. I just feel that sonnet is just trying a little to hard where as [name]Juno[/name] and [name]Alma[/name] are so unexpected yet still very pretty with a depth of history and meaning. Good luck, you really cant go wrong all your choices are excellent.

[name]Juno[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] or [name]Alma[/name] [name]Sonnet[/name].

I vote for [name]Sonnet[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]! I think [name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Sonnet[/name] sound excellent together. [name]Juno[/name] would be my second choice. Although [name]Alma[/name] is a lovely name, something sounds off when I say “Bohdi and [name]Alma[/name].” Really can’t put my finger on it. In any case, I think [name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Sonnet[/name] are unique but sound lovely together!

I love [name]Sonnet[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]!

I vote for [name]Juno[/name] … cute, spunky and a great match with [name]Bodhi[/name].