Bookish Q & A

See the results of this poll: Would you like more Q&A’s like this? (not all about books though)

Respondents: 15 (This poll is closed)

• Yes : 15 (100%)
  • No: 0 (0%)

Oh, cool! I will answer what I can :slight_smile: I always find these prompts difficult lol

1. Your current favourite book?
In the Unlikely Event by [name_f]Judy[/name_f] [name_f]Blume[/name_f]

2. Favourite book of all time?
Great Expectations by [name_m]Charles[/name_m] Dickens…read it for class and grew to really love it!

3. Least favourite book of all time?
Water for Elephants by [name_f]Sara[/name_f] Gruen. I just really did not enjoy it at all. Boring plot, boring characters, etc.

4. What book/s can you not live without?
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]: The Great [name_f]Journey[/name_f]. It’s part of the Dear [name_u]America[/name_u] series. I got the book as a young teen and fell in love with it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] browsing the pages takes me back to the first time I read it. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I’m older, I still read my old copy all the time. Also…[name_f]Honor[/name_f] O’[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] by [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]. [name_f]Honor/name_f O’[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] was one of my ancestors and it’s just really cool that there is a book based on her. It’s a way of keeping the past going.

5. What book/s that you rave about?
Speak by [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] [name_m]Halse[/name_m] [name_m]Anderson[/name_m] and The Perks of Being a Wallflower by [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] Chbosky. Both have important messages and have helped me feel understood through very hard times in my life.

6. An author/s that you dislike/hate?
[name_f]Stephenie[/name_f] [name_m]Meyer[/name_m]

1. An author/s you like/love?
    Dickens, [name_f]Lois[/name_f] [name_f]Lowry[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] Dessen, [name_f]Judy[/name_f] [name_f]Blume[/name_f], [name_m]Mitch[/name_m] Albom, [name_m]Frank[/name_m] McCourt (my interests are all over the place lol)

2. What do you do to get through a reading slump?
    Usually post on Facebook asking for recommendations, or I will order one (or more…) new books online.

9. Favourite genre?
Biography/Autobiography; Historical fiction; Fiction; [name_f]Non[/name_f]-Fiction; YA (still)

10. Least favourite genre?
I guess anything illustrated?

11. Favourite series?
[name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], of course. The [name_m]Little[/name_m] House Series.

12. Least favourite series? Twilight :wink:

13. Longest series you own?
I currently only own the [name_m]Little[/name_m] House Series :confused: so that…

14. Favourite quote?

“But there’s a story behind everything. [name_m]How[/name_m] a picture got on a wall. [name_m]How[/name_m] a scar got on your face. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your mother’s story, because hers is where yours begin.” ~[name_m]Mitch[/name_m] Albom, For One More [name_u]Day[/name_u]

15. Favourite character/s?
--------
16. Least favourite character/s?-------------
17. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you read ‘classics’? Sure do.
18. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you read Fanfiction?I did. Once. That was enough :wink:
19. Favourite book turned movie?Perks of Being a Wallflower. They did a great job with it.
20. Least favourite book turned movie?not sure.
21. OTP?------
22. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like ebooks?Gosh no. I need to be able to hold a book and thumb through it.
23. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use ebooks?Only when it was required for classes.
24. Paperback or Hardback?Hardback.
25. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use a library?Occasionally. I don’t like the library in the town I moved to.
26. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you want to be an author or are you content to just be a reader?Reader.
27. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any books already written by you?nope.
28. Book/s that made you cry?lots of them have, especially when they deal with abuse.

29. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use bookmarks a lot?actual bookmarks, no. I use whatever else I have onhand.
30. Who is the first character you remember connecting with?[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_m]Granger[/name_m]. She showed me it was okay to be different and to like school…and that you can be just as valuable as anyone stronger than you.

31. The book you’re reading right now is being adapted. Who would you cast?not reading anything now.
32. Would you ever name a child after a book character?Yes! My husband has agreed to let me use [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], if I want…other than that, not sure.
33. Is there a character name that will stop you from reading a book? I don’t remember offhand, but I actually have put books down if I don’t like the names of the characters.

34. What is a trait you can’t stand in a character? Apathy
35. What is a trait you love in a character? Cleverness.
36. [name_f]Share[/name_f] a personal headcanon about your favourite character?------
37. What are your favourite character names? [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_m]Edward[/name_m]/[name_m]Eddie[/name_m], [name_m]Pip[/name_m]
38. Who is the first character you had a crush on? I don’t remember having one on a character.
39. Who is your favourite secondary character? not sure.
40. What book or book series would you like to see turned into a film/TV series?none! It so often goes wrong…
41. Who is your favourite author of all time? I can’t choose lol
42. What famous author have you not read any books by?[name_m]Stephen[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m]!
43. What is your favourite non-fiction book? not sure
44. What is a book you read after seeing the movie/TV series? Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars. I wasn’t a fan of the books.
45. What is a book you love that has a terrible trope? ([name_u]Love[/name_u] triangle, etc) -----
46. What is your favourite duology?--------
47. What is your favourite trilogy?------------
48. What is a book you love, but has a terrible cover? Cages of Glass Flowers of Time…it’s just half black, half periwinkle
49. What is your favourite stand-alone book?--------
50. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you own any historical fiction?Yes!

The Horse and His Boy by C.S. [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]

[name_m]AH[/name_m]! It’s too hard to choose! Probably [name_f]Narnia[/name_f], can’t pick just one though.

This Is What [name_f]Happy[/name_f] Looks Like by [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] E. [name_m]Smith[/name_m]. It had some sweet moments, but overall I found it rather boring.

The Chronicles of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f]

The Chronicles of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f], [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], Can’t Help Falling by [name_f]Kara[/name_f] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], There You’ll Find Me by [name_f]Jenny[/name_f] B. [name_m]Jones[/name_m]

None that I can think of.

7. An author/s you like/love?
C.S. [name_m]Lewis[/name_m], [name_f]Jenny[/name_f] B. [name_m]Jones[/name_m], J.K. Rowling, [name_f]Kara[/name_f] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

8. What do you do to get through a reading slump?
I usually just have to take a break and be okay with that or I just have to start reading and (hopefully) I’ll get into it.

9. Favourite genre?
[name_f]Fantasy[/name_f], Romance, YA

Horror, I guess?

11. Favourite series?
The Chronicles of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f]

12. Least favourite series?
I don’t have one.

[name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] has the same amount of books, but HP books are much longer.

14. Favourite quote?
I have a few…

“Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny.” -C.S. [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]

“Let us go on and take the adventure that shall fall to us.” C.S. [name_m]Lewis[/name_m], The [name_m]Lion[/name_m], the Witch and the Wardrobe, pgs. 204,205

“God always has a way of working things out if we step back and let Him. He’s especially good at the ones that appear impossible, because that’s when we usually give up trying to fix it ourselves.” [name_f]Kara[/name_f] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], Close To You, pg. 131

“I trust you to find the good in me, but the bad I must be sure you don’t overlook.” pg. 179, [name_f]Ella[/name_f] Enchanted by [name_f]Gail[/name_f] [name_u]Carson[/name_u] Levine.

The Pevensies (all of them, but especially [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] & [name_m]Edmund[/name_m])

16. Least favourite character/s?
[name_m]Lord[/name_m] Downpike from Illusions of [name_m]Fate[/name_m], Voldemort, Umbridge…

17. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you read ‘classics’?
Does [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] count? I really want to get into other classics though. Hopefully this coming year!

18. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you read Fanfiction?
Yes. But you really have to sift through a lot of crap to find a good one. (aka ones that aren’t vulgar)

19. Favourite book turned movie?
[name_f]Narnia[/name_f] & [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]

20. Least favourite book turned movie?
I’m not sure…

21. OTP?
[name_m]Harry[/name_m] & [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] & [name_u]Jamie[/name_u], [name_f]Kenna[/name_f] & [name_m]Duncan[/name_m], [name_u]America[/name_u] & [name_m]Maxon[/name_m], [name_f]Ella[/name_f] & [name_f]Char[/name_f]… (Yes, I love [name_f]Ella[/name_f] Enchanted! :P)

22. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like ebooks?
No. I prefer old-fashioned books that you can hold, feel, smell.

23. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use ebooks?
No.

24. Paperback or Hardback?
While hardbacks are beautiful I prefer paperback.

25. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use a library?
Not that often. I like to own/collect books.

26. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you want to be an author or are you content to just be a reader?
Yes. I have so many story ideas, I’ve just got to do something with them!

27. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any books already written by you?
Not yet.

28. Book/s that made you cry?
I don’t really cry when reading, but [name_m]Maxon[/name_m]'s proposal in The One made me tear up a bit. (Maybe I was just being overly emotional? LOL)

29. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use bookmarks a lot?
Rarely. I’m a fold the corner of the page type person.

30. Who is the first character you remember connecting with?
Either [name_u]Mandy[/name_u] from the Animal Ark books or [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] from [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Horse Gentler by Dandi [name_m]Daley[/name_m] Mackall. They both love animals and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is better with animals than people. I really related to that and still do! :slight_smile:

31. The book you’re reading right now is being adapted. Who would you cast?
I’m not reading a book right now, so I’ll pick one of the books I recently finished. The Selection series by [name_f]Kiera[/name_f] [name_u]Cass[/name_u]. I would cast [name_m]William[/name_m] Moseley as [name_m]Maxon[/name_m] Shreave and [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_m]Wright[/name_m] as [name_u]America[/name_u] Singer. I know [name_m]William[/name_m] was cast as [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] in a TV series that didn’t get picked up, but [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] has brown hair. [name_m]Maxon[/name_m] has blond and I think he’d make a good [name_m]Maxon[/name_m].

32. Would you ever name a child after a book character?
Yes. A few of my favourite names are on my list because of characters.

33. Is there a character name that will stop you from reading a book?
Not really. Some character names are cringe-worthy, they just don’t go or whatever, but I don’t think that would stop me reading the book.

34. What is a trait you can’t stand in a character?
Harshness.

35. What is a trait you love in a character?
Sacrifice.

36. [name_f]Share[/name_f] a personal headcanon about your favourite character?
A while after the train accident I believe [name_f]Susan[/name_f] found her faith again.

37. What are your favourite character names?
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_m]Harry[/name_m], [name_u]Finley[/name_u]/[name_u]Finlay[/name_u], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_f]Elara[/name_f], [name_f]Shasta[/name_f]/[name_m]Cor[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m].

38. Who is the first character you had a crush on?
Probably Catman from [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Horse Gentler, a series I read in my early teens.

39. Who is your favourite secondary character?
I really like [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] from [name_u]Doon[/name_u] series by [name_u]Carey[/name_u] Corp & [name_f]Lorie[/name_f] [name_m]Langdon[/name_m]. I also really liked [name_u]America[/name_u]'s maids and some of the other Selection girls.

40. What book or book series would you like to see turned into a film/TV series?
[name_f]Narnia[/name_f]. I love the movies they have now, but I would love a movie/TV series that started with book one and used the same actors for all the movies (like HP did). Also [name_u]Doon[/name_u], which it sounds like is in the works.

41. Who is your favourite author of all time?
Probably C.S. [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]

42. What famous author have you not read any books by?
Well, I’ve never read Divergent or The Hunger Games, so those authors.

43. What is your favourite non-fiction book?
I’ve been enjoying [name_f]Tea[/name_f] & Talk by [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]. Short stories about a simple life in an Irish village.

44. What is a book you read after seeing the movie/TV series?
Both [name_m]Harry[/name_m] Potter and The Chronicles of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f]. I know there’s a lot of air about reading books first, but I don’t care about that. I found good books to read, who cares if I read them before or after I saw the movies?

45. What is a book you love that has a terrible trope? ([name_u]Love[/name_u] triangle, etc)
The Selection by [name_f]Kiera[/name_f] [name_u]Cass[/name_u]

46. What is your favourite duology?
I’m not sure I’ve read any duologies.

47. What is your favourite trilogy?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] the first three books of The Selection series count? I know there are two other books, but they’re about her daughter, so they’re kind of different?

48. What is a book you love, but has a terrible cover?
I can’t think of any.

49. What is your favourite stand-alone book?
I really enjoyed Illusions of [name_m]Fate[/name_m] by [name_f]Kiersten[/name_f] White. Also There You’ll Find Me by [name_f]Jenny[/name_f] B. [name_m]Jones[/name_m], I’ve read it three times.

50. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you own any historical fiction?
I own some, I haven’t read them yet though.

I like these sorts of things! Although I often wish they would lead to more conversations about answers.

Your current favourite book? - The one I read most recently that has stuck with me was the Selection Series by [name_f]Keira[/name_f] [name_u]Cass[/name_u] (The [name_m]Bachelor[/name_m], in book form!)
Favourite book of all time? - The Pellinor Series by [name_f]Alison[/name_f] Croggon. I just love them all.
Least favourite book of all time? - Honestly a few could go here, but right now I’d say Northern Lights by [name_m]Philip[/name_m] Pullman, I’ve just never managed to get all the way through it. Mine reading style and his writing style don’t get on.
What book/s can you not live without? - [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] (this took longer to appear than I thought it would!)
What book/s that you rave about? - Usually whatever I’ve just read… at the moment I’d say I’ve recommended Six of Crows more often than most other books (except the Pellinor Series). Also Me Before You and The One Plus One.
An author/s that you dislike/hate? - [name_m]Philip[/name_m] Pullman, though I don’t dislike his ideas really, just the style. [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_m]Meyer[/name_m] and E.L. [name_u]James[/name_u] (especially E.L. [name_u]James[/name_u], urgh).
An author/s you like/love? - Rowling, [name_f]Alison[/name_f] Croggon, [name_f]Georgette[/name_f] Hayer, [name_m]Rick[/name_m] [name_m]Riordan[/name_m], [name_u]Jojo[/name_u] Moyes.
What do you do to get through a reading slump? - what is a reading slump? Like struggling to get through a book or not reading at all? If I can’t make it through a book, then I stop. And I rarely have time to read for fun… so go on holiday?
Favourite genre? - High fantasy usually.
Least favourite genre? - I don’t really know if it’s a genre, but when it’s really supposed to be based on real life stuff, I need some magic or dystopia, or a bit of both.
Favourite series? - Too many to count! Though in addition to the ones already mentioned, The Lunar Chronicles, [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m],
Least favourite series? - 50 shades of awfulness
Longest series you own? - Probably [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], unless you count all the [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] books as one series that’s a lot. Or Redwall, I think that wins.
Favourite quote? - ‘The heart is like an arrow. It demands aim to land true.’ Although really I have many, so this is just one that I love…
Favourite character/s? - Cadvan and Maerad (yes, my usename inspiration), [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] Weasley… Loads. [name_m]Just[/name_m] loads.
Least favourite character/s? - Many. So many. Usually boring ones.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you read ‘classics’? - Yup. I love me some classics (shoutout to Pride and Prejudice).
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you read Fanfiction? - Yes, though usually not of books but of TV shows. I like fanfiction because I can usually find a fic that fills a headcannon etc.
Favourite book turned movie? - For overall quality, I’d say The Hunger Games adaptations did a pretty good job.
Least favourite book turned movie? - We don’t talk about the [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] film.
OTP? - I have one or two OTPs per franchise, but my UTP (ultimate) is [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. They were literally soulmates.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like ebooks? - Eh, they’re ok.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you use ebooks? - Yep, I prefer real books but ebooks make travelling much easier.
Paperback or Hardback? - It depends on the art.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you use a library? - Not for fun-reading.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you want to be an author or are you content to just be a reader? - I’d love to write down some of my ideas, but mostly I am content just to read.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any books already written by you? - Nope
Book/s that made you cry? - Loads, but the first one I remember was the Wind Singer series.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you use bookmarks a lot? - Nope, I’m a bit of a heathen and I just leave my books lying open on the page (or finish it there and then)
Who is the first character you remember connecting with? - Honestly, not sure. Possibly [name_m]Ron[/name_m]?
The book you’re reading right now is being adapted. Who would you cast? - I’m really bad at fancasting.
Would you ever name a child after a book character? - Yes, just not sure which ones!
Is there a character name that will stop you from reading a book? - No, although I do appreciate books with interesting names more (e.g. Maerad and Zelika, Kestrel, [name_f]Katniss[/name_f], [name_f]Crescent[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] and [name_f]Solstice[/name_f] etc.)
What is a trait you can’t stand in a character? - complacency or being too much of a pushover.
What is a trait you love in a character? - Sarcasm.
[name_f]Share[/name_f] a personal headcanon about your favourite character? - I don’t have many personal headcanons, but I like the idea that [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] is not necessarily white.
What are your favourite character names? - Kestrel, Maerad, Rialle, [name_m]Renn[/name_m], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f].
Who is the first character you had a crush on? - I tended to have crushes on TV characters, not books.
Who is your favourite secondary character? - The Weasleys.
What book or book series would you like to see turned into a film/TV series? - The Pellinor Series, [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], or The Lunar Chronicles.
Who is your favourite author of all time? - No idea.
What famous author have you not read any books by? - Many, but at this moment the one I can think of is F. [name_m]Scott[/name_m] [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m] as I’ve never read The Great [name_m]Gatsby[/name_m].
What is your favourite non-fiction book? - The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] Diarist by [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_m]Fisher[/name_m] (her last autobiography)
What is a book you read after seeing the movie/TV series?- [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], even though the movie is awful.
What is a book you love that has a terrible trope? ([name_u]Love[/name_u] triangle, etc) - The Selection Series is the [name_m]Bachelor[/name_m] in book form, it has almost every trope and I love it.
What is your favourite duology? - Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom.
What is your favourite trilogy? - Most series I like are 4+ books, so I guess the Hunger Games gets this one.
What is a book you love, but has a terrible cover? - several, depends on the version…
What is your favourite stand-alone book? - The One Plus One by [name_u]Jojo[/name_u] Moyes.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you own any historical fiction? - Probably

Your current favourite book?
No idea.

Favourite book of all time?
All of Harry Potter, but if I had to pick, the third book was my favorite

Least favourite book of all time?
Of Mice and Men or A Tale of Two Cities

What book/s can you not live without?
Harry Potter series

What book/s that you rave about?
I adored the first book in the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo but hated how she finished the second book.

An author/s that you dislike/hate?
Charles Dickens

An author/s you like/love?
J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, John Green, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Shakespeare

What do you do to get through a reading slump?
Not sure

Favourite genre?
YA, I’m 18

Least favourite genre?
Romance

Favourite series?
Harry Potter, of course

Least favourite series?
Under the Never Sky
Twilight

Longest series you own?
Probably Harry Potter? Technically my family owns that, the longest series I own by myself is PJO.

Favourite quote?
Idk, I guess I will always love “There’s no need to call me ‘sir’, professor.” From my sass master HP

Favourite character/s?
Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Ginny Weasley, Percy Jackson, Nico di Angelo, Leo Valdez, Annabeth Chase, Katarina Bishop, Inej Ghafa, Jesper Fahey, and probably others I’m forgetting.

Least favourite character/s?
Bella Swan, Meg McCaffrey, Apollo, Adelina Amouteru, Violetta Amouteru, Dolores Umbridge.

Do you read ‘classics’?
Not usually. I enjoyed To Kill a Mockingbird but most of the other books I read for school that have been classics I disliked

Do you read Fanfiction?
No, quite frankly if it’s not canon then I don’t see why I should care

Favourite book turned movie?
Harry Potter?

Least favourite book turned movie?
Thought they screwed up the Percy Jackson movies pretty badly

OTP?
Percy and Annabeth

Do you like ebooks?
Not opposed but there’s something satisfying about turning a page

Do you use ebooks?
I used an ebook recently for a class report

Paperback or Hardback?
No preference. Paperback is cheaper, if I’m buying

Do you use a library?
Not as often as I want to

Do you want to be an author or are you content to just be a reader?
I’ve wanted to be an author since I was in 2nd grade, and I hope I can achieve it someday

Do you have any books already written by you?
I’ve won NaNoWriMo for the last 3 years but nothing close to publishing

Book/s that made you cry?

Do you use bookmarks a lot?
Don’t shoot… I hate bookmarks. I use the book jacket but if there’s none, I dog ear. Nothing extreme, just a tiny corner, but bookmarks fall out, get bent and ripped, and ruin the shape of the book that makes it easy to shove into a bag. No one will ever convince me to use a bookmark, no matter what kind, I will lose them or rip them and I will return to my habits.

Who is the first character you remember connecting with?
Annie from the Magic Treehouse.

The book you’re reading right now is being adapted. Who would you cast?
The book I’m reading right now is called But What if We’re Wrong? and would be extremely difficult to turn into a movie because it looks at current events as if it were the future. Really insightful book, totally recommend, but only if you’re ready to have your mind blown.

Would you ever name a child after a book character?
Oh yes, 100%. I hated the name Leo before Leo Valdez, now he’s my #1.

Is there a character name that will stop you from reading a book?
Violetta Amouteru from The Young Elites. I loved the name but she was so manipulative and toxic to the main character (whom I also disliked but not as much) that it’s put me off of the name.

What is a trait you can’t stand in a character?
Not really a trait but I can’t stand the cliche of a book where every problem could be solved if the characters just sat down and talked to one another truthfully for 15 minutes.

What is a trait you love in a character?
I love bonds between characters, so I guess their ability to impact one another.

Share a personal headcanon about your favourite character?
I love the headcanon that The Cursed Child was a flick written by Rita Skeeter to make money, and Harry Potter actually became the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

What are your favourite character names?
I’d use Hermione, Leo, and Percy as names any day of the week. Also love Luna but I’m concerned about her recent popularity spike.

Who is the first character you had a crush on?
Stay with me here, but Seamus Finnegan, because when I read the books for the first time in 4th grade, there was an attractive boy in my class named Seamus. Whenever Seamus Finnegan appeared in the books, I would tell the kid in my class, and then he would demand to read what “he” did in the book, and it was cute.

Who is your favourite secondary character?
I’ve always loved Thalia Grace, who was only a main character in one of the PJO books.

What book or book series would you like to see turned into a film/TV series?
I want a Mauraders TV show.

Who is your favourite author of all time?
Not a clue.

What famous author have you not read any books by?
Never actually read the Twilight or Divergent series. The first I’ve just seen so many terrible things about (and had a friend obsessed with it so I guess I’ve read excerpts shoved down my throat from her) and the second I had spoiled for me and decided I didn’t want to read.

What is your favourite non-fiction book?
The ebook I got for my biology report, The Seven Daughters of Eve, which is about the mitochondrial DNA strands linking nearly every modern day European. Super fascinating!

What is a book you read after seeing the movie/TV series?
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

What is a book you love that has a terrible trope? (Lovetriangle, etc)
A personal pet peeve of mine in books, that happens way way way too often in YA, is when every single main character ends up with another main character. Slightly better is if there’s an odd number and one is left out, but usually they just end up with a side character. Not every person needs a romantic storyline!

What is your favourite duology?
I enjoyed the first 90% of the Six of Crows duology. The last twenty pages were so rushed, and many of them were way out of character, and I just didn’t like how it ended. I felt like she grew tired of the story so she just ended it as fast as possible, and it was extremely disappointing. I remember being like twenty pages from the end and thinking “Oh, there’s no way this is going to end, there’s way too much to wrap up, there has to be another book” but I was wrong.

What is your favourite trilogy?
The Kane Chronicles

What is a book you love, but has a terrible cover?
Not sure if it counts, but I would only read the Ramona Quimby series when I was younger if the book had a specific version of the cover.

What is your favourite stand-alone book?
Palace of Mirrors by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I believe it has a sequel now but when it came out when I was in fourth grade, it did not.

Do you own any historical fiction?
Not in my room.

@maerad: [name_m]Ah[/name_m], how could I forget The Pellinor Series! I loved it, but my mother got rid of some of my books when I moved out, and they were on the chopping block :frowning:

That’s a shame! They’re my go to books when I just need a comfort read. She’s now written a prequel called the Bone [name_f]Queen[/name_f] (about Cadvan’s past) and a very short story set after the last book - though she indicated that it might turn into a longer book over time.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t read anything recently, but the last one I read and thoroughly enjoyed was Me Before You - [name_u]Jojo[/name_u] Moyles! I love it!

1. Favourite book of all time?

Pride and Prejudice - [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]

1. Least favourite book of all time?

Animal Farm - [name_m]George[/name_m] Orwell

1. What book/s can you not live without?

My [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] treasury!

1. What book/s that you rave about?

The [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] Years series by [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] Myracle, The Clique series by Lisi [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], and the [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_m]Nicholson[/name_m] diaries by [name_f]Louise[/name_f] Rennison - all were favourites of mine when I was younger that I still enjoy reading today! Also, [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]’ Diary by [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_m]Fielding[/name_m]. They’re brilliant.

1. An author/s that you dislike/hate?

I’m not too sure that there’s any I hate, but I’m not a fan of the [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] sisters at all.

1. An author/s you like/love?

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u], [name_f]Louise[/name_f] Rennison, Lisi [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] & [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] Myracle.

1. What do you do to get through a reading slump?

I often take a break until it interests me again and start fresh with a book!

1. Favourite genre?

Coming-of-age (does that count??)/Historical

1. Least favourite genre?

[name_m]Science[/name_m] Fiction

1. Favourite series?

The [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] Years - [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] Myracle

1. Least favourite series?

Hmm, I was never really fond of The [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] books (but I did love the spin-off series about [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]!)

1. Longest series you own?

Are we talking in terms of volumes/books in a series?? If so, probably the Our Canadian Girl series? It was a massive thing when I was in elementary school. I started reading at a very young age and I used to be a very advanced reader in school - I was usually 2-3 grade levels ahead of where I “should” have been sitting at. I started reading these when I was about 6 and I devoured every single one of the books as they came out! The following year, my teacher gave me a copy of one of them to start my collection, and now I’m up to four I believe, but in total there’s 46 ??

1. Favourite quote?

“A lady’s imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.” - [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] (Pride and Prejudice)

1. Favourite character/s?

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Bennet[/name_m], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_m]Nicholson[/name_m], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m], & [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u].

1. Least favourite character/s?

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] Bingley.

1. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you read ‘classics’?

Some, yes!

1. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you read Fanfiction?

I used to write it, haha! The one I wrote on a One Direction site back when I was about 16-17 ended up being one of the site’s most popular stories for a period of time ( I’m not even sure if the site is still up and running though!).

1. Favourite book turned movie?

Definitely the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] series or Me Before You.

1. Least favourite book turned movie?

Hmm, perhaps A Walk to [name_f]Remember[/name_f]? I like both separately, but they just don’t hold up comparatively to one another.

1. OTP?

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] & Mr. [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], (or [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] and [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]!!)

1. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like ebooks?

No, there’s something about the feel of an actual book that I much prefer!

1. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use ebooks?

Not particularly.

1. Paperback or Hardback?

Paperback, it’s far cheaper, lol!

1. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use a library?

I used to, but I moved about 6 months ago and haven’t gotten around to getting a library card for the new one in my area.

1. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you want to be an author or are you content to just be a reader?

I studied Journalism in college and have an honours diploma in it, so I’d definitely like to become a writer of some kind, just not necessarily a book author. I’m more of an investigative news journalist/beauty journalist.

1. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any books already written by you?

No.

1. Book/s that made you cry?

Lol, Me Before You, hands down! There was also one I read when I was about 15 by [name_f]Lurlene[/name_f] McDaniel, but I can’t remember the name - all of her books made me cry though!!

1. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use bookmarks a lot?

Always!

1. Who is the first character you remember connecting with?

I believe it was [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] from the Sweet [name_f]Valley[/name_f] High books!

1. The book you’re reading right now is being adapted. Who would you cast?

Hmm, it’s already become a film, and I feel like [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_m]Clarke[/name_m] and [name_u]Sam[/name_u] Claflin were phenomenal as [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_m]Will[/name_m], so I’ll cast the [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] years series instead;

[name_f]Winnie[/name_f] - [name_f]Millie[/name_f] [name_u]Bobby[/name_u] [name_m]Brown[/name_m]
[name_m]Lars[/name_m] - [name_u]Peyton[/name_u] [name_m]Meyer[/name_m]

1. Would you ever name a child after a book character?

Probably not.

1. Is there a character name that will stop you from reading a book?

No, I’ve never had that happen before.

1. What is a trait you can’t stand in a character?

Usually someone who’s catty and spiteful (like [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] Bingley).

1. What is a trait you love in a character?

I love when a character is an individual - they don’t try to fit in and they aren’t anything stereotypical.

I’ll come back to answer the rest later!! :slight_smile:

I was thinking about The Clique as I was writing my response but didn’t know where I would put it! Not necessarily one of my favorite series of all time, but I certainly enjoyed it in middle school. Did you ever read the spin-off series about [name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m]? I believe it was called The Alphas, or something like that. Not as good as The Clique but I enjoyed it.

I also was obsessed with the Sweet [name_f]Valley[/name_f] Twins but I only was able to find the books from when they were younger, when the series was Sweet [name_f]Valley[/name_f] Twins and Friends. My fourth grade teacher had this book that I adored about them on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] when they were younger. It was completely absurd, now that I think about it, but it was my favorite book at the time. Basically they received these matching dolls for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] along with a riddle. The dolls were actually princes from another world who were cursed, and the only way for the curse to be broken was for a set of identical twins to figure out the answer to the riddle at the same time but in different places (the girls were in their separate rooms). When it happened, they were sent to this other world, where there’s magic, to help the princes get their kingdom back. Of course, the girls were sent to opposite sides of the kingdom, and the princes they received would have been much better suited for the other girl. [name_f]Jessica[/name_f]’s prince was shy and smart, and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]’s was dramatic and arrogant.

Me Before You is SO good! And I agree that the film adaption was very good, missed a few things but nothing massively integral. I cried so much. Have you read After You (the sequel) or The One Plus One (might have a different name in [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u]). Gosh, The One Plus One had me crying with laughter one moment and sobbing for the characters the next, amazing!

Also, I love Pride and Prejudice. [name_u]Truly[/name_u] excellent book!

I hope everyone is having a lovely new year :smiley:

[name_f]Happy[/name_f] [name_m]New[/name_m] Year! I’ve really enjoyed reading through everyone’s answers! :slight_smile:

I’ve been thinking about adding In the Unlikely Event to my reading list. I think I will try to read it this year. My grandfather was born in [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], NJ, so the story intrigues me.

I just finished the first three, I really enjoyed them! I’m reading some other books before I read the two about her daughter. Most people don’t care for them as much. Have you read the last two? [name_f]Do[/name_f] they even compare to the first three?

No shame! I always forget to use bookmarks and prefer folding the corner over. All/most of my books are dog-eared.

That [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] story is adorable. :slight_smile:

I love that quote!

That’s so cool. Which one was it about? I used to like [name_u]Niall[/name_u] or [name_m]Harry[/name_m]. Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I’m going to have to look up all the books/series you guys suggested! [name_f]Happy[/name_f] reading! :slight_smile:

I just finished the first three, I really enjoyed them! I’m reading some other books before I read the two about her daughter. Most people don’t care for them as much. Have you read the last two? [name_f]Do[/name_f] they even compare to the first three?

I read them, and they were ok. Honestly I do agree with most other people - they’re fine but the main character is a bit unlikable and selfish at times, and I just don’t feel the love and compatibility like I did with [name_u]America[/name_u] and [name_m]Maxon[/name_m]. She wrote a series of short stories about bits from [name_m]Maxon[/name_m]'s point of view, what the selection was like for his parents, [name_f]Marlee[/name_f]'s point of view during the second book. I’d completely recommend those!
So yeah, the last two are fine, but definitely nothing to write home about in the same way the first three were.

1. Your current favourite book? - The Mysteries of Udolpho by [name_f]Ann[/name_f] [name_m]Radcliffe[/name_m]
  2. Favourite book of all time? - Ditto
  3. Least favourite book of all time? - Four Blood Moons by [name_m]John[/name_m] Hagee
  4. What book/s can you not live without? - The Catechism of the Catholic Church and the Bible
  5. What book/s that you rave about? - Currently, the Summa Theologica
  6. An author/s that you dislike/hate? - [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Faulkner[/name_m]
  7. An author/s you like/love? - [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]
  8. What do you do to get through a reading slump? - Audiobooks
  9. Favourite genre? - Historical fiction
  10. Least favourite genre? - straight fantasy
  11. Favourite series? - Currently, the Kingsbridge series by [name_m]Ken[/name_m] Follett
  12. Least favourite series? - [name_m]Just[/name_m] the idea of 50 Shades, which I know is bad since I haven’t read it.
  13. Longest series you own? - The Boxcar Children :slight_smile:
  14. Favourite quote? - “It was an explanation, not an excuse” - [name_u]Love[/name_u] and War by [name_m]John[/name_m] Jakes
  15. Favourite character/s? - So hard!!! Maybe [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Bennet[/name_m]. Classic.
  16. Least favourite character/s? - Throwaway characters that I’m forced to remember the names of for no reason and then promptly forget.
  17. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you read ‘classics’? - Absolutely! Some of my favorites.
  18. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you read Fanfiction? - [name_m]Just[/name_m] got back into that :wink:
  19. Favourite book turned movie? - Northanger [name_u]Abbey[/name_u] by [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]. Actually prefer the 2007 adaptation to the book itself.
  20. Least favourite book turned movie? - Probably The Hunger Games. It just turned into a cash grab.
  21. OTP? - Reylo at the moment :slight_smile:
  22. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like ebooks? - Yeah they’re alright
  23. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use ebooks? - Sometimes.
  24. Paperback or Hardback? - Paperback. Easier to tote around.
  25. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use a library? - All the time.
  26. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you want to be an author or are you content to just be a reader? - I’m already and author :slight_smile:
  27. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any books already written by you? - Yes, 3.
  28. Book/s that made you cry? - [name_m]Way[/name_m] Down Deep by [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] White
  29. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use bookmarks a lot? - [name_f]Every[/name_f] single book I read
  30. Who is the first character you remember connecting with? - [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
  31. The book you’re reading right now is being adapted. Who would you cast? - (for A Column of [name_m]Fire[/name_m] by [name_m]Ken[/name_m] Follett) [name_m]Adam[/name_m] [name_m]Driver[/name_m] as [name_m]Rollo[/name_m], that guy who played [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] Odair as [name_m]Pierre[/name_m], a younger, stockier version of that guy who played [name_m]Pip[/name_m] in the 2011 Great Expectations as [name_m]Ned[/name_m]. (I’m not a huge fan of actors lol)
  32. Would you ever name a child after a book character? - Only if I liked the name
  33. Is there a character name that will stop you from reading a book? - Nope
  34. What is a trait you can’t stand in a character? - Good luck
  35. What is a trait you love in a character? - [name_m]Reason[/name_m]/intelligence
  36. [name_f]Share[/name_f] a personal headcanon about your favourite character? - Not sure what a headcanon is…?
  37. What are your favourite character names? - [name_m]Fitzwilliam[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
  38. Who is the first character you had a crush on? - Orry Main from [name_u]North[/name_u] and South
  39. Who is your favourite secondary character? - Is [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]March[/name_u] secondary or not? Maybe [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] if not. I prefer ensemble casts where no one is really secondary.
  40. What book or book series would you like to see turned into a film/TV series? - The Mysteries of Udolpho!
  41. Who is your favourite author of all time? - Probably [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]
  42. What famous author have you not read any books by? - JK Rowling
  43. What is your favourite non-fiction book? - At the moment, the Summa Theologica
  44. What is a book you read after seeing the movie/TV series? - All the [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] books
  45. What is a book you love that has a terrible trope? ([name_u]Love[/name_u] triangle, etc) - Pride and Prejudice
  46. What is your favourite duology? - Mr. [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]'s Daughters, although I think that’s a trilogy now
  47. What is your favourite trilogy? - Kingsbridge by [name_m]Ken[/name_m] Follett
  48. What is a book you love, but has a terrible cover? - The Complete [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m] [name_m]Holmes[/name_m], though I’m sure other editions have good covers
  49. What is your favourite stand-alone book? - The Mysteries of Udolpho
  50. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you own any historical fiction? - Mostly historical fiction; it’s my favorite!

Hey! Another fellow Janite :slight_smile: (or is it Janeite? I’m never sure)

edited for privacy

This looks fun! I’m going to answer the ones I can:)

Your current favourite book?

[name_f]Villette[/name_f] by [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] (I love it so much atm)

Favourite book of all time?

Frankenstein by [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Shelley[/name_u]

Least favourite book of all time?

[name_f]Pamela[/name_f] by [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Richardson[/name_m] (ughh)

What book/s can you not live without?

Frankenstein

What book/s that you rave about?

Frankenstein, [name_f]Villette[/name_f], Wuthering Heights, 1984

An author/s you like/love?

[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Shelley[/name_u], all of the [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] sisters, [name_u]Ali[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] Waters, Steinbeck

What do you do to get through a reading slump?

Re-read a book I know I love

Favourite genre?

Classics :slight_smile:
[b]
Least favourite genre

[/b]High fantasy

Favourite character/s?

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] Clerval (Frankenstein), [name_m]Victor[/name_m] Frankenstein, [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_m]Linton[/name_m] (Wuthering heights), [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] Fanshawe ([name_f]Villette[/name_f])

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you read ‘classics’?

Yep! My favourites tbh. I ought to read more contemporary fiction

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you read Fanfiction?

Sometimes - there isn’t much for the things I love though

Favourite book turned movie?

Of mice and men - I think the style of the book meant it translated into film better than other books i like

Least favourite book turned movie?

All Frankenstein adaptations I’ve read about or seen have been bad

OTP?

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] Clerval/[name_m]Victor[/name_m] Frankenstein and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Snowe/[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] Fanshawe

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like ebooks?

Yep. I tend to use physical books for uni, but I don’t mind ebooks

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you use ebooks?

Sometimes

Paperback or Hardback?

Paperbacks. Hardback are so bulky to carry about

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you use a library?

I use my uni library, but mainly for studying as opposed to reading for pleasure

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you want to be an author or are you content to just be a reader?

I write, and I’d quite like to be an author some day

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any books already written by you?

I’ve completed one (unpublished of course) I’m working on another now

Book/s that made you cry?

The book thief, [name_u]Maurice[/name_u], Frankenstein

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you use bookmarks a lot?

Nope… I fold the pages :slight_smile:

Would you ever name a child after a book character?

Maybe as a middle name? Not sure I’d be able to disconnect it enough from the character

What is a trait you can’t stand in a character?

I’m not a fan of really violent characters

What is a trait you love in a character?

Happiness, confidence, but also when they’re nuanced and can learn?

What are your favourite character names?

[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], Hareton, [name_f]Florence[/name_f]

What book or book series would you like to see turned into a film/TV series?

[name_f]Villette[/name_f] , but as a TV series. I’m never usually a fan of film versions as I don’t think there’s always enough time to really tell the story

What famous author have you not read any books by?

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]…

What is your favourite non-fiction book?

A lot of literary criticism ones? I like the Gothic by [name_m]Fred[/name_m] Botting, The Mad Woman in the Attic by [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] and Gubar and also [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_m]Barker[/name_m]'s book on the Brotnes

Game of Thrones

Pride & Prejudice is the book I always ending up returning back to year after year!

The Favoured [name_f]Queen[/name_f] by Carolly [name_m]Erickson[/name_m] (poor writing, cringeworthy dialogue and goes really far off tangent), [name_m]Roll[/name_m] of Thunder, Hear My Cry by [name_f]Mildred[/name_f] D [name_u]Hunter[/name_u] (very boring and too heavy to force an 12 year old to read at school during a cover lesson) and Twilight (for poor writing and cringeworthy dialogue).

Any of the [name_m]Tudor[/name_m] or Cousins War series by [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m]

The Minaturist and The Cousins’ War series by [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m]

E L [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_f]Stephenie[/name_f] [name_m]Meyer[/name_m] really make me cringe!

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] & JK Rowling. I also love [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] but don’t consider her to be a great author like the other two

Start a new book, haha!

9. Favourite genre?
    Historical fiction and fantasy

[name_m]Science[/name_m] Fiction

11. Favourite series?
    The Cousins’ War by [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m]

The Twilight series (tbh I only got through a book and a half, I was pressured into buying them from a book store worker and I was determined to get my money’s worth but they were so bad I ended up giving them to a charity shop)

The Vampire Chronicles by [name_f]Anne[/name_f] [name_u]Rice[/name_u], I think I have about 10 of them

14. Favourite quote?
    “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live” [name_m]Albus[/name_m] Dumbledore

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] (Pride & Prejudice), [name_m]Albus[/name_m] Dumbledore ([name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]), [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_m]Granger[/name_m] ([name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]), [name_m]Sirius[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m] ([name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]), [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Woodville (The White [name_f]Queen[/name_f]), [name_f]Anne[/name_f] [name_m]Neville[/name_m] (The Kingmaker’s Daughter), [name_m]Jon[/name_m] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] (A Song of Ice & [name_m]Fire[/name_m]), [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] Dashwood (Sense & Sensibility), Lestat de Lioncourt (The Vampire Chronicles)

Hindley Earnshaw (Wuthering Heights), [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] Earnshaw (Wuthering Heights), [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_m]Linton[/name_m] (Wuthering Heights), [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] O’[name_f]Hara[/name_f] (Gone With the Wind), [name_u]Angel[/name_u] [name_u]Clare[/name_u] ([name_f]Tess[/name_f] of the D’Urbervilles)

Yes, they’re some of my favourites

I used to but not so much any more. I used to write it too haha!

Probably Interview with the Vampire. [name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_f]Cruise[/name_f] made an amazing Lestat!

[name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] and the Prisoner of Azkaban just because it was one of my favourite HP and they left so much out of the movie

21. OTP?
    If that’s the one where the characters aren’t actually together, probably [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & Snape and [name_m]Harry[/name_m] & [name_f]Hermione[/name_f].

Erm they’re ok

I prefer physical books

Paperbacks are easier to carry around but i tend to destroy them whereas hardbacks are sturdier! Urgh, I can’t win either way

Not any more unfortunately, my local library was under refurbishment for too long (almost three years) and now it’s open again I’m not really interested in using it any more

26. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you want to be an author or are you content to just be a reader?
    It is my ambition to become an author one day

Only Fanfiction. Bad Fanfiction haha!

[name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] and the Deathly shallows - too many favourite characters died (sobs!) And the end of Mice and Men made me and my whole class really upset

No, I tend to lose them when I move the books from room to room. I don’t understand how they keep falling out

[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] Dashwood from Sense & Sensebility

I’m reading The Last [name_m]Tudor[/name_m]. I’d cast as [name_f]Kaya[/name_f] Scodelario as [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] Highmore as Guildford [name_m]Dudley[/name_m], [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_m]Watson[/name_m] as [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Harrington[/name_m] as [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Seymour[/name_m], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] as [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] as [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] I and [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] Dockery as [name_f]Mary[/name_f] I.

Erm, I like the name [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] and it reminds me of Pride and Prejudice so I suppose there is that. I like the name [name_f]Luna[/name_f] as well but I don’t love the automatic connection to [name_f]Luna[/name_f] Lovegood.

Not a specific name but if a name doesn’t fit with the theme or time period of a book that would really put me off. I noticed this with Fanfiction more than anything else though

When a character is presented as being ‘spirited’ but they’re just spoiled, self centred brats. And [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-Sues. I despise [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-Sues!!!

Intelligence and resourcefulness. Characters who learn and grow through the story.

Erm, that [name_m]Richard[/name_m] III never really loved [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] of [name_m]York[/name_m], he was just using her to sully her name and make her tainted goods for [name_m]Henry[/name_m] (The Kingmakers’ Daughter and The White [name_f]Princess[/name_f])

[name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], [name_m]Albus[/name_m]

[name_m]Sirius[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m]

Mrs [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] from Pride and Prejudice, Cecilly [name_m]Neville[/name_m] from The Kingmaker’s Daughter and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] of [name_m]York[/name_m]/[name_u]Burgundy[/name_u] from The White [name_f]Princess[/name_f]

40. What book or book series would you like to see turned into a film/TV series?
    The Lady of the [name_m]Rivers[/name_m] or The [name_m]Constant[/name_m] [name_f]Princess[/name_f] both by [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m]. I think [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_m]Turner[/name_m] would make a great [name_f]Catherine[/name_f].

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] or JK Rowling, I can’t decide which one

E L [name_u]James[/name_u], but I don’t really want to haha

Queens Consort: [name_f]England[/name_f]'s Medieval Queens and Blood Sisters: The Women Behind the War of the Roses

The White [name_f]Queen[/name_f]

45. What is a book you love that has a terrible trope? ([name_u]Love[/name_u] triangle, etc)
    Probably Pride & Prejudice

Erm, does [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eyre[/name_f] and Wide Saragossa Sea count?

I don’t really have one, I tried to read The [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings but it was just too much

I don’t really think any of my books have terrible covers but I have seen nicer versions of Pride & Prejudice that I’d like to invest in

The Diary of a [name_m]Young[/name_m] Girl ([name_f]Anne[/name_f] [name_m]Frank[/name_m]) - has always stuck with me

Most of my books are historical fiction haha

I’m in a bit of a reading slump but the last really good book I read was the last of the “a darker shade of magic” series.
    The one I’m currently “reading” is “six of crows” (so far good).

Really difficult but maybe “the book thief”? It’s definitely one that I’d recommend everyone to read at least once.

The ones I had to read for school.

I’m not a big re-reader so any book I’ve already read I wouldn’t mind parting with (I usually hang on to them because I like having books in my room, I can lend them to friends or because I enjoy the cover art / version I own)

The 2 (4) I already mentioned, I also loved “all the light we cannot see” (apart from the last bit).
    There are many more loves on my shelf but I don’t tend to rave about books unless I’ve read them rather recently.
    I’ve also enjoyed “Ape House” a lot more than I thought, it was really brilliant.

I’ve often only read one book by authors I dislike/d but therefore also feel like I cannot say they’re bad at what they’re doing.
    I’m more of a “let’s move the story along” reader, though, and I tend to dislike authors that describe every little detail or a scene or landscape; they usually don’t add to my imagery as I can’t remember all the flowers and trees and kinds of butterflies when reading anyway.

Recently V.E. Schwab

Wait. And apparently buying books. I don’t love buying books in advance, at least not a great number, but when I feel uninspired by everything I have at home and a book catches my attention I can’t help myself. Problem is when I don’t get to reading them immediately they also end up on the uninspiring pile.

9. Favourite genre?
    Either something historical (book thief, all the light we cannot see) or fantasy (though a more realistic, relatable, human kind)

Super cheesy romance novels or horror (I don’t mind a good thriller but if it’s basically the book version of [name_u]Texas[/name_u] Chainsaw Massacre then I’m out)

11. Favourite series?
    A darker shade of magic // [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] // Miss [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]'s

I couldn’t really get far into the Shadowhunters series. Also House of [name_m]Night[/name_m]. And looking back Twilight, though I really enjoyed it at the time.

[name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] or [name_f]Anne[/name_f] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables depending on which books you count.

14. Favourite quote?
    The first that came to mind was “When given the choice between being right and being kind, choose kind.” from the book Wonder.
    It doesn’t apply to all situations in it’s original message but when it comes to little things kindness will get you further than being right about everything.

Maybe [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]? She’s smart, kind and proactive.
    Apart from that it’s usually some character in the book I’m reading atm.

I never liked Snape as a “person”, I think he’s a well-written character but his redemption ark was lost on me.

Yes, though not much, however, I do listen to them as audiobooks. Especially the long, detailed novels are much easier to enjoy that way for me.

No.

The Book Thief, Miss [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]'s, many more…

21. OTP?
    Depends on the book I’m reading really. Though I tend to go for the “obvious/first” pairing.

I like the idea of ebooks but I don’t read them very often.

Nope.

Paperback. I only buy hardbacks if it’s a special (like the [name_m]Barnes[/name_m] & [name_m]Noble[/name_m] ones) or an older edition (usually from the flea market)

I hadn’t in a long time but recently went there again and love it now, especially when it comes to non-fiction book like travel guides, books about art or scientific copies as you can compare different versions but don’t have to spend any money (beyond the yearly fee but that’s less than what I’d pay for one new hardback).

I like reading more than writing. If I’ll ever write something, it would probably be short stories.

Nope.

They rarely do but if they do it’s usually a book about WWII.

Yes. I have 2 or 3 nice ones from a museum shop that I like using, however, I also use the paper ones from bookstore.

I remember really loving [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Patent from a children’s book by [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] Lindgren as I thought she looked like me, I was about 5 then.
    When I first read [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], my favorite character was [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], I was 9 or 10 at the time.

[name_m]Will[/name_m] return to when I’m actually reading a book.

Sure.

Not really.

Either being a pushover, being mean without a good reason, being too perfect and never making mistakes

Cleverness, a good heart, being strong but also vulnerable

Not just my favorite character
    I always imagine people ending up happy in some way (unless I like that the book has ended on a sad note) if they’re not or only halfway happy at the end of the book.

[name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m],… the more normal but interesting the name the more I tend to like it.

Can’t say that I have. I really like characters if they’re awesome and I’m rooting for them to be happy but they’re still fictional characters to me.

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t have one.

Many many many. [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m] for example.

Currently listening to a history audiobook that I really enjoy.

[name_f]Narnia[/name_f]. [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m].

I dislike badly done love triangles which most books that include a love triangle sadly have.
    Keeping characters that work really well together apart for a long time, ADSoM 2 I’m looking at you!

I’m not sure if I read one yet? [name_m]Will[/name_m] have a look in the morning.

Miss [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]'s or Darker [name_u]Shade[/name_u] of [name_u]Magic[/name_u]

I recently bought a duopoly by V.E. Schwab and I really dislike the covers. [name_u]Haven[/name_u]'t read them though.
    I don’t recall any really ugly covers, I may look at my books tomorrow.

the book thief

I do.

My favourite book I read in 2017 was [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of Shadows by [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u].

Wuthering Heights by [name_f]Emily[/name_f] Brontë

I have two, for very different reasons. I really didn’t like Girl, Missing by [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] McKenzie because it wasn’t my sort of book. I truly hated Mockingjay by [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f] [name_u]Collins[/name_u] though. I loved 90% of it, but the epilogue ruined it for me so much that I hate the book.

I don’t know. Probably the whole [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] series.

[name_m]Fire[/name_m], By [name_f]Kristin[/name_f] Cashore. The other two books in the series are great too, but [name_m]Fire[/name_m] is amazing. I also talk about the Throne of Glass series by [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] J. [name_m]Maas[/name_m] a lot.

There’s none that I hate, a lot of authors write books I don’t like, but there’s nothing wrong with the authors themselves. I also find a few issues within books I like, but I still like the books/authors.

[name_f]Trudi[/name_f] Canavan. All her books are great, and she does excellent representation.

I just wait it out.

9. Favourite genre?

[name_f]Fantasy[/name_f].

Crime dramas, I think.

11. Favourite series?

The [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] series by J.K. Rowling, followed by the Throne of Glass series by [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] J. [name_m]Maas[/name_m].

The Hunger Games series by [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f] [name_u]Collins[/name_u], because of the before mentioned issue with Mockingjay’s epilogue.

Including the spin-offs, the Throne of Glass series by [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] J [name_m]Maas[/name_m]. Without them, the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] series by J.K. Rowling.

14. Favourite quote?

No idea.

[name_u]Loki[/name_u] Laufeyjarson, as written by Fialleril in her Sigyn series, based on Norse Mythology.

I really hate [name_m]Baron[/name_m] in the A [name_m]Court[/name_m] of Thorns and Roses series by [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] J [name_m]Maas[/name_m].

Yes! Though I haven’t read that many of them.

Yes, lots.

[name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Beautiful Creatures by [name_f]Kami[/name_f] [name_u]Garcia[/name_u] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] Stohl. The books were great, the film was awful.

21. OTP?

[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] and [name_m]Sirius[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m] from the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] series.

Yes, but I prefer ‘real’ books.

Yes, but not often.

Paperback.

No. My local one is awful.

I would love to be, but realistically I’ll never be talented enough.

No, but I’m writing some.

So many! Recently [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of Shadows by [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u].

I have one bookmark I use all the time.

I honestly can’t remember. Maybe [name_m]Ron[/name_m] Weasley.

No idea, I’m only on chapter 2 of one and chapter 6 of the other.

I get a lot of the names I love from book characters, but I wouldn’t name a child directly after one, except maybe [name_m]Sirius[/name_m] after [name_m]Sirius[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m] in the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] series.

No, but I once got really put off a book because it had a character with my name, and its very unusual.

I don’t really know. Cruelty towards children, I think.

Arrogance.

I have so many. I like the idea that [name_m]Ron[/name_m] Weasley was a Seer.

I love the name [name_f]Amarantha[/name_f], which I found in A [name_m]Court[/name_m] of Thorns and Roses.

The first one I can remember is [name_m]Fred[/name_m] Weasley when I was 10. Which my friends think is hilarious since I’m a lesbian.

I love so many of them. I really love [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] Tonks from the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] series and she’s mentioned once.

I don’t really trust TV or film adaptions, they are often really bad. Maybe Adaption and Inheritance by [name_f]Malinda[/name_f] Lo.

[name_f]Trudi[/name_f] Canavan.

Loads, probably. Within the genre I read mostly, I would say [name_m]George[/name_m] R.R. [name_m]Martin[/name_m] (though I want to).

I only read non-fiction for university, and they’re all about Materials Engineering, so none, basically.

Wuthering Heights by [name_f]Emily[/name_f] Brontë. I really struggled before I saw a TV adaption of it.

The Infernal Devices trilogy by [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u], I guess. They are amazing books though.

I was going to say I haven’t read any, but actually I’ve read quite a few. It’s either The Books of Faerie by [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] Stiefvater (actually a trilogy, but the final book is unlikely to ever be released) or Swift and Nomad by RJ [name_m]Anderson[/name_m].

The Memory of Flames trilogy by [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] Deas. I love them, I’ve reread them every year for the past four years.

[name_m]Fire[/name_m] by [name_f]Kristin[/name_f] Cashore. The cover itself isn’t bad, but [name_m]Fire[/name_m] looks white on it, and she’s actually black (in the UK one anyway).

Wuthering Heights by [name_f]Emily[/name_f] Brontë

Yes, but only a handful of books.

Good Omens by [name_u]Neil[/name_u] Gaiman and [name_u]Terry[/name_u] Pratchett

2. [name_m]Favorite[/name_m] book of all time?
    Okay for Now by [name_u]Gary[/name_u] D. Schmidt

3. Least favorite book of all time?
    Hmm, that’s hard! As a kid, maybe the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. Currently? I don’t know, I can only think of a book I’m disappointed in—Band of Brothers by [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. I was hoping for it to be well-written but the writing is poor and uninspiring.

The Marvels by [name_m]Brian[/name_m] Selznick. Beautiful illustrations and I worked very hard to get that book so I’m very glad I have it!

Definitely Okay for Now ([name_u]Gary[/name_u] D. Schmidt).

I dislike [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_m]Myer[/name_m] and [name_f]Becky[/name_f] Albertalli’s works—the former just has bad writing, sexism, and racism in her works, and the later disappointed me with her stories.

[name_m]Rick[/name_m] [name_m]Riordan[/name_m]. I’ll always have a special place in my heart for him.

[name_u]Read[/name_u] fanfic, find recommendations from my favorite bloggers.

9. [name_m]Favorite[/name_m] genre?
    Sci-fi; [name_f]Fantasy[/name_f], if it has good worldbuilding; Historical fiction.

10. Least favorite genre?
    Horror, contemporary.

11. [name_m]Favorite[/name_m] series?
    [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Chase[/name_u] or [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] Fowl

[name_u]Twilight[/name_u], maybe?

I own a bunch of [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] books, though not all. Probably [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] (all 7 plus Cursed Child)

14. [name_m]Favorite[/name_m] quote?

15. [name_m]Favorite[/name_m] character/s?
    [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] Fowl, [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] J. Crowley, [name_m]Doug[/name_m] Swieteck, [name_m]Remus[/name_m] [name_u]Lupin[/name_u], [name_m]Sirius[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m], Taako (from The [name_u]Adventure[/name_u] Zone, a podcast rather than a book, but still)

The villain in [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] Fowl book 3, [name_m]Newt[/name_m] Pulsifer, Mr. Swieteck, [name_m]Severus[/name_m] Snape, [name_m]Jenkins[/name_m]

Not often.

All the time, baby.

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] Fowl—loved the book, I expect to hate the movie based on the trailer

[name_m]How[/name_m] to Train Your Dragon—hated the book, loved the movie

21. OTP?
    Stevebucky ([name_f]Marvel[/name_f]) or Winnix (Band of Brothers), but this is a book ask game, so I’ll go with Wolfstar ([name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]) and Flonks (HP).

Not at all. They give me headaches.

Nope.

Hardback!

Yep

I’d like to be an author! If it doesn’t work out, I’ll just be a journal-keeper.

I wrote a play, does that count?

The [name_u]Night[/name_u] War, Okay for Now, Not Easily Conquered

Hahahaha never

[name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], maybe?

I mean…I’m reading a book that already spawned a tv show. If you count the book I plan to read once it arrives in the mail (that would be the next Hunger Games book)…well, that’s already a movie series too.

Probably not. Maybe if it already had another meaning I liked.

Anything that’s too [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]/[name_u]Gary[/name_u] [name_m]Stu[/name_m] sounding without an in-universe justification ([name_f]Ebony[/name_f] Dark’ness Dementia [name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_m]Way[/name_m], anyone?)

Arrogance without growth

Stubborness

36. [name_f]Share[/name_f] a personal headcanon about your favorite character?
    [name_m]Doug[/name_m] (Okay for Now) becomes an artist as an adult

37. What are your favorite character names?
    In the book Wintersong by S. [name_u]Jae[/name_u]-[name_m]Jones[/name_m], there’s a character named [name_f]Liesl[/name_f] whose full name is [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. That always struck me as a beautiful name/nickname combination.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a crush on a character.

[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] from Once & [name_u]Future[/name_u]

The [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] books, which will be soon apparently!

41. Who is your favorite author of all time?
    [name_u]Neil[/name_u] Gaiman, I think

Tolstoy, Tolkein

The Other F Word anthology

[name_m]How[/name_m] to Train Your Dragon, Band of Brothers

I can’t think of any!

46. What is your favorite duology?
    Okay for Now and The [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] Wars

47. What is your favorite trilogy?
    [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Chase[/name_u] series

Animal Farm or The [name_u]Night[/name_u] War

49. What is your favorite stand-alone book?
    Good Omens

Yup, Band of Brothers, The [name_u]Night[/name_u] War, and others.