Boring to Brilliant! • New Fun Writing Game!

This new invented game is to all of my fellow WriterBerries here! The rules are very simple: I’ll first give you a boring sentence, and you have to make it sound better and more detailed, or, in other words, brilliant! Then, you have to make up a boring sentence for the next person, and so on! Here’s an example:

User 1 (Me):

The train was very slow.

User 2:

(Makeover of my boring sentence)

The apple tasted good.

User 3:

(Makeover of User 2’s boring sentence)

I was hungry.

I’ll go first:

The line was long.

1 Like

The line snaked around the block, a twisting mass of bored people peering anxiously over the person in front of them’s shoulder.

I was tired.

1 Like

I yawned, taking a deep breath and releasing it; my eyes felt as if there were a dozen weights stacked upon them, and my thoughts seemed to slowly drain away.

I wanted earrings.

I always saw those gems on people’s ears, shining in the light and glittering through the dark… oh, how I longed for a pair of earrings.

I was bored.

2 Likes

I half sat and half laid on our fraying couch, clicking through each netflix title - not really seeing and certainly not feeling much of anything besides this aching boredom.

I had breakfast.

1 Like

I shoveled cereal into my mouth furiously, rushing through breakfast again.

I listened to music.

1 Like

I ignored the stares as I cruised down the residential street, music blasting from the convertible’s speakers.

I rode my bike.

Taking the corner far too fast, the wheels of the bike careened in a curve, barely controlled and only just remaining upright.

She watched the rain.

She sat as still as she could, counting every car in the passing train. “Freight three-oh-five,” She muttered. “Cargo, mainly coal. No passengers.”

He wanted a snack.

1 Like

“I’m hungry.” He said, his friend raised and eyebrow and gestured around them. Well yea, they were in the middle of a raid but he’s still hungry.

They fell asleep.

At last, gentle waves of slumber enclosed them in velvety folds.

I played a video game.

2 Likes

Eyes trained on the flashing images on the screen, my fingers moved lightning fast across the controller, guiding me to my inevitable win.

The dog growled.

1 Like

Thunder rumbled in the distance as the rain poured down around us, beside me my french bulldog [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] made a noise halfway between a grunt and growl.

The cat hissed.

1 Like

A pair of headlights shined into the alleyway disturbing the sleek grey cat, who spit like the Devil himself was choking it.

The carnival was busy.

The carnival was an explosion of movement and color, light and sound. Children darted back and forth while young couples walked hand in hand and vendors advertised their wares.

The boy was a soccer star.

He paraded around the school’s halls, being trailed by fellow athletes who admired his vigor on the soccer field.

It was hot outside.

It was blistering hot outside, she knew, everyone was talking and complaining about it, of course she would know. By the way the people were talking about it, it sounded like the sun itself just decided to move inch away from the earth. But, would she rather feel the heat, or feel nothing at all?

The kids are singing

The little creatures let out cheerful melodies. Each note was modulated so smoothly and coordinated that it felt like listening to an angel choir.

She would rather feel the heat.

1 Like

I am just going to use random names, let’s say [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is the “she” in your sentence and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is her sister or friend or something. :wink:

Jane stepped out into the snow, but [name_f]Ella[/name_f] stayed in the cozy warmth of the building. She would rather feel the heater than the biting wind.

my boring sentence: They walked into the abandoned warehouse.

I’m also gonna use random names!

The warehouse was quiet, too quiet. They walked in and looked around. [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] guarded the door, [name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_u]Finley[/name_u], and [name_u]Riley[/name_u] looked around the right side, while [name_u]Sage[/name_u] and [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] looked at the left. Was this a trick? Did the other group call them here just to ambush them?

Next!: The cat and the dog sat together