Boring to Brilliant! • New Fun Writing Game!

Lulu, claws extended, and Rover, teeth bared, squatted on the furry rug, enacting the stare-down of the century.

They looked into each other’s eyes.

2 Likes

They stared into each other’s eyes, not breaking eye contact. Someone said something behind him, he didn’t know what. All he could care about right now is the feel of the gun in his hand, and the way his gun is aimed straight at his opponents chest.

They danced together

Music made the heavy air light again, as the two drew closer. His hand met hers and, naturally, they danced. First slowly, until they sunk deep into song; then they sped up. Rhythmic twirls and steps combined with the vividness of their attire made it look like they were paint brushes on a canvas.

The flower wilted.

The flower had wilted, like she knew it would. After all, who’d ever heard of watering a plant with blood? Let alone from [name_f]Earth[/name_f]? [name_f]Nerine[/name_f] sighed as she tipped back in her chair. With her usual dramatic flourish, she leaned back forward and slammed her head into the desk, lamenting her impending failure of her class. A petal detached from the flower and floated down near her head.

His hair was brown.

1 Like

His hair was brown, his skin was pale, and his eyes were a warm honey brown. If anyone else were to look at him, they would say that he was normal, that he was average, that there were probably hundreds like him. But to [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], he was the most beautiful boy he had ever laid his eyes on.

She looked beside her

Fear tightened her chest at the movement beside her. Breath suspended, she moved her eyes to the right, keeping the rest of her body stock still.

The bells rang.

The school bell rang, and then everything was in motion. Kids grabbing their textbooks and shoving them in their bags, some kids just running out of the classroom with abandon, and teachers sighing before going to the break room.

She missed her

The girl moved through the day in a daze, a prisoner of her own loneliness. Once upon a time she’d traversed these halls as half of a duo, a pair so bold and bright that others could only dream of the connection they shared. Now she was gone, and the girl was that one lonely sock stuck beneath the dryer- crumped up, lost, and completely alone.

Time for dinner.

1 Like

Ivy was ravenous as she strode swiftly from her car through the glass doors of the diner, her sister was sitting at their usual booth - the deep fried mozarella sticks they always got as an appetizer already a quarter demolished, it was past time for dinner.

They blinked.

The pair of eyes blinked, [name_u]Avery[/name_u] blinked back. They’ve been stuck in this game of copy cat for as long as he could remember, he’s not backing down now.

He sat down.

1 Like

I gasped as I saw him, eyes wide with fear. But the man paid me no attention. He didn’t see me as I hid deep behind shrubbery. Slowly, my heart rate returned to normal. I was safe, I hadn’t been seen. Peculiarly, the man laid out his coat on the ground in the clearing and sat down. Darn it, he was going to be there a while. I wouldn’t be able to leave without drawing his attention. As I prepared myself for the long haul of waiting in a bush, his eyes swiveled towards me and piercingly met mine. He opened his mouth to speak.

She jumped.

1 Like

For half a second, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]'s heart surged with fear and she flinched away. However, she laughed when she realized that it was only [name_u]Flynn[/name_u].

Next:
“You scared me,” she said.

1 Like

“That was terrifying, if you can’t tell the difference between a joke and a cruel shock!” [name_f]Cady[/name_f] cried. She did not understand why her brother insisted on putting spiders everywhere she went.

She climbed a tree.

She heaved herself up the tree branch by branch, constantly looking around her every few minutes to make sure no one else was around. She sat down on the highest sturdiest branch she could find, and pulled out her crossbow. No one was gonna get her now.

He looked at her.

He gazed at her with his piercing gray-blue eyes, stroking her cheek with his light touch.
“[name_m]Don[/name_m]’t worry,” he said. “I’d never betray you.”

He watched cartoons.

The light of the TV reflected onto his face, making it appear all sorts of different colors. His eyes were glued to the cartoon, his mouth just barely agape, carefully studying each movement his favorite cartoon characters made on the large screen.

Ben started to sit back up.

[name_m]Ben[/name_m] stopped slouching and tentatively sat up, his eyes pricking around the room, slowly regaining his attention.

I love him so much.

the way his ocean blue eyes glow when he’s happy doing what he does best, saving people, his tan skin glistening in the sun as we sit on the rocks…this is why i love him and i married him, til death do us part.

she fell off the cliff

1 Like

I saw the girl in front of me, the bottle in her hand, in front of the picturesque cliff. I thought she’d be standing there forever, until her step faltered and she gave me a little wave and a smile, and dropped off the edge of the cliff without hesitation.

i was terrified of her.

1 Like

the sight of her, just seeing her name written anywhere, the sound of her voice, mocking, little things that reminded me of her made me quake in my boots. my stomach was home to thousands of butterflies. my nerves wrecked. i had slight panic attacks. the little reminders…gave me the feeling of when i was six, afraid of the unknown lurking in the dark at night, that made me want to sleep with the light on otherwise terrible, unspeakbale things would happen. i had no light now, and the darkness was sucking me in. [name_m]God[/name_m]! I would do anything…just not to be near her. I can’t even speak her name… please…no…don’t let her near…no!..please!

okay then

“i farted”