Born on the forth of July

If you were going to deliver on the forth of [name]July[/name] what name would you use?

I would probably use [name]Elizabeth[/name]! So much versatility, classic, and has a lot of American history associations ([name]Betsy[/name] [name]Ross[/name], the nn [name]Libby[/name] which could be a nod to “liberty”, etc. Or maybe just a FN I loved and a patriotic MN–something like [name]Ariana[/name] [name]Liberty[/name], [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Free[/name], [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Posey[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] (for [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Adams[/name]), [name]Julia[/name] Mayflower, etc., something like that.

My first thought was [name]Liberty[/name], but that’s a bit cheesy… However, I love the nickname [name]Libby[/name], and ash’s suggestion of [name]Elizabeth[/name] is quite sweet! I like [name]Abigail[/name] as well.

[name]Martha[/name] for [name]Martha[/name] [name]Washington[/name]? [name]Molly[/name] for [name]Molly[/name] Pitcher?

I agree with the above-- the first name I thought of was [name]Liberty[/name] with nn [name]Libby[/name]. I also have a friend who has an adopted daughter from [name]China[/name]. While her “official” birthday was [name]May[/name] 1 (birth of Communist Party), the pediatrician said she was probably born in the summer. So my friend gave her [name]July[/name] 4th as a birthday and named her [name]Mary[/name]. Another suggestion is to use [name]Julia[/name], [name]Julie[/name], [name]Julianne[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], etc. since [name]July[/name] comes from that same Latin root.

[name]Virginia[/name]!! It would definitely be [name]Virginia[/name]. Since so much of the US history takes place in [name]Virginia[/name] it just seems like the perfect name for a 4th of [name]July[/name] [name]Baby[/name].

We are due with a girl right around the 4th of [name]July[/name] as well. I don’t really want to get cheesy with the name but we’ve played around with related names for fun. [name]Liberty[/name], [name]Ruby[/name] ([name]July[/name]'s birthstone), [name]Summer[/name], [name]America[/name], [name]Blue[/name], [name]Glory[/name] (or [name]Gloria[/name]), [name]Freedom[/name] ([name]Frieda[/name]), [name]Justice[/name], [name]Hope[/name]…

[name]Liberty[/name] or Independence

Yeah I’m really not going for cheesy either. The most tempted I’ve been is to add an R name in so her initials would spell free. Have you picked a name yet? We are pretty set on [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Eldrid[/name].

[name]Just[/name] for fun though I’m still curious what others would choose.

Independence, nn [name]Indy[/name]

Oo <3 Felicity but im biased as that is my dds mn :wink:
Also love your idea of FREE initials, I hope you do that!
Felicity Rose Elizabeth Eldrid
Felicity Renee Eluzabeth Eldrid
Felicity Rowan Elizabeth Eldrid
Felicity Rachel Elizabeth Eldrid
Felicity Ramona Elizabeth Eldrid
Felicity Reese Elizabeth Eldrid
Felicity Rebecca Elizabeth Eldrid
Felicity Rory Elizabeth Eldrid
Felicity Rhea Elizabeth Eldrid
Felicity Regan Elizabeth Eldrid

[name]Love[/name] the suggestion of [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]!!!

When I saw your subject I thought of Yankee Doodle Dandy the song, you know “born on the fourth of [name]July[/name]…”
[name]George[/name] M. Cohan
[name]Georgia[/name] M.
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

But in real life, if you didnt want to dedicate a whole name to a word association, I like the idea of incorporating [name]Ruby[/name] as a mn for the [name]July[/name] birthstone or perhaps [name]Martha[/name] ([name]Washington[/name]) or [name]Abigail[/name] ([name]Adams[/name]) as a mn.

My niece has this birthday and they named her [name]Scarlett[/name]. They were down to three names – [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name]. They picked [name]Scarlett[/name] because it reminded them of “[name]RED[/name], white and blue” =)

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], though!

Oh I love the idea of [name]Scarlett[/name] for [name]Red[/name] white and blue!

And I swear I almost jumped out of my chair and said “[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Bianca[/name] [name]Blue[/name]!” (now I’m just getting silly…but it’s surprisingly pretty!)

I was almost born on the 4 of july. If i was born 5 minutes earlier I would have been, but I’m Canadian so… we celebrate [name]Canada[/name] [name]Day[/name] on july 1! Anyways, I was thinking [name]Ruby[/name] (my birthstone), [name]Liberty[/name], [name]Hope[/name] and [name]Summer[/name].:slight_smile:

So I live in Europe and I’m really curious: Would you actually give your child a different name just because it was born on that day?

No, I would have chosen [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] regardless of when she was born. I just think it would be interesting to note the holiday with an extra middle. Joyfulmomto8, I too love [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. However on DH’s side of the family the name [name]Rose[/name] has a very tarnished and tragic story so I can’t use it.

I dont know if I would change my baby name because he/she was born on the fourth of [name]July[/name]. I do love the name [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] by the way, its really pretty. I also love [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], too bad you cant use it. Congrats on your baby girl