Both first and middle names ending in "a"

Hello! I just need to mention this before getting on with my post; I am not actually expecting a baby girl. I’m making this post for myself as I’m planning on changing my name. I highly dislike my first name (hate is too strong a word since it was given to me by my parents, after all) for multiple reasons:
A.) It sounds so dated.
B.) I hate the reason that they chose the name. [name_f]My[/name_f] parents met in church and so they named me after a [name_u]Christian[/name_u] singer who was fairly famous at the time, but I myself am nowhere near religious, so I always remember the reason why I have this name whenever I hear someone say it.
C.) It just doesn’t suit me. [name_m]Even[/name_m] when I was a child, my name never fit my attitude, personality, and mentality.

I’ll also be posting this in multiple categories as I’m not quite sure what this question can be classified as.

And now, here’s my dilemma.

I have 2 choices for what I want to change my name to: [name_u]Aria[/name_u] and [name_f]Roxana[/name_f]. I was originally testing out if either of those names would go well with my middle initial and surname, and they do. But I just can’t choose between the two, so I thought of putting them together. Now I’m wondering if “Aria Roxana” sounds alright. They both end in the letter “a” though and I feel iffy when first and middle names rhyme because they end with the same sound.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you guys think that [name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] is a good name? If not, do you have any middle name suggestions for both [name_u]Aria[/name_u] and [name_f]Roxana[/name_f]?

1 Like

Honestly, [name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] sounds beautiful to my ear! It’s not a tongue-twister and while some people here may not like combos like this where both names end in -a, there is nothing wrong with it! To me this name sounds very regal and dignified, as well as having an international flair. Gorgeous name!

I like it! They actually go quite well together.

Thank you so much! I’m glad that it sounds good! :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for replying! I’m relieved that you think they work well together!

They don’t totally rhyme like for example [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] would. I think it works!

I think it works! I don’t think there’s wrong with having both the first and middle name end in A.

To my ears. [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] [name_u]Aria[/name_u] sounds a lot better.

1 Like

[name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] sounds fine to me! Kind of sparky and cool in vibes. [name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] maybe?

A few other ideas

[name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Josette[/name_f]
[name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]

[name_f]Roxana[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxana[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxana[/name_f] [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxana[/name_f] [name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxana[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]

I think they are lovely together.

I think [name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] is a beautiful, lyrical name. I don’t find them too be too rhymy at all. I’d say go for it.

I think they go well together and are lovely names.
The first name ends in a vowel and the 2nd name starts with a consonant which helps with flow.
They also both have a R sound which also helps with flow.
You obviously love the names and that comes across.

@hellobanjo @EagleEyes Haha, I’m glad to hear that. Thank you for replying!

1 Like

@WhiteGardenia @columbiacharm Thank you all for your responses! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear that it sounds nice!

1 Like

Yes, I’m also considering putting Roxana before Aria. I’ll spend some time thinking which order would be better, thank you!

I am a bit torn between [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] and [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]. There’s the fact that [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] is associated with that song that went viral in 2019/2020… I knew someone whose middle name is [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] and every time someone would call her, they’d sing “Roxanne, Roxaaaanneee” even though everyone referred to her by her first name. But I don’t really mind the association, so I’m still keeping “Aria Roxanne” as an option.

I also quite like [name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] and [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]! I was actually considering having names that end in “-ette” as a middle name for [name_f]Roxana[/name_f]. Thank you for the suggestions!

1 Like

They don’t completely rhyme and I was thinking the same thing! And you’re right about me loving both names. Thank you for replying!

[name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Roxana[/name_f] is a great combo! Melodious! I certainly prefer it over [name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] (even though, I love the name [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] and nn Roxy). Both first and middle names ending in “a” are the norm where I live; it doesn’t sound weird at all to me.

I am bit in love with this combo, so I’m not going to suggest alternative middles :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ahh, I’m happy that you like the combination so much :heart: Thank your for the reply!

If it helps, i don’t know that song :grin:

[name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] and [name_u]Aria[/name_u] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] are lovely!!

1 Like