Bowen vs. Bohan

Hello!

Trying to decide the spelling…

[name_u]Bowen[/name_u] OR [name_m]Bohan[/name_m]

(Both pronounced the same)

Any feedback on the name/spelling is greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

i like the spelling of bowen more. bohan may be pronounced differently because of the ‘h’ in it.

6 Likes

[name_u]Bowen[/name_u], the pronunciation is more straightforward. Id be tempted to pronounce bohan like rohan

9 Likes

Assuming you want it pronounced “Bo-en” (or “Bo-wen” or “Bo-in” because these all sound practically the same to me) I would spell it [name_u]Bowen[/name_u].

I would pronounce [name_m]Bohan[/name_m] like “Bo-hawn”

1 Like

[name_u]Bowen[/name_u] x

1 Like

[name_u]Bowen[/name_u] is more intuitive. Seeing it written, I know exactly how to pronounce it, whereas [name_m]Bohan[/name_m] I’d be uncertain if it’s Bo-wen or Bo-Hawn.

[name_u]Bowen[/name_u] looks best :slight_smile:

I would go with the spelling [name_u]Bowen[/name_u] as I think people would likely emphasise the ‘h’ in [name_m]Bohan[/name_m] (like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] vs Rohan). And I am assuming the ‘h’ is meant to be silent?

Also, [name_m]Bohan[/name_m] may face misspellings a lot as it is not as well-known. [name_u]Bowen[/name_u] is more familiar so I imagine it would rarely be misspelled, if ever misspelled.

1 Like

I prefer the look of [name_u]Bowen[/name_u], and [name_m]Bohan[/name_m] is more likely to me mispronounced.

[name_u]Bowen[/name_u], definitely.

I agree with previous posters that I wouldn’t instinctively pronounce these the same- I’d rhyme [name_u]Bowen[/name_u] with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_m]Bohan[/name_m] with [name_u]Rohan[/name_u]- so I’d choose based on which pronunciation you’re going for. I prefer [name_u]Bowen[/name_u] personally but both are cool!

[name_u]Bowen[/name_u]

I prefer the spelling [name_u]Bowen[/name_u]

I definitely prefer [name_u]Bowen[/name_u]! Its spelling is more intuitive and I personally think it looks better.

With that said, I think [name_m]Bohan[/name_m] could work. Whilst it is less intuitive, I pronounce [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Rohan[/name_u] the same way. For that reason, following that logic, [name_m]Bohan[/name_m] should technically be okay.

However, it’s definitely less well known and may cause some confusion/mispronunciation. I personally see it as [name_u]Rohan[/name_u] with a B :woman_shrugging:

i prefer bowen. the pronunciation is more intuitive, and it’s more aesthetically pleasing to me.

I prefer [name_u]Bowen[/name_u]! It’s very intuitive, sweet and strong :herb:

[name_m]Bohan[/name_m] reminds me of the word “bogan”, which is a derogatory Australian term.

I’d spell it [name_u]Bowen[/name_u] because I pronounce Bphan differently.

[name_u]Bowen[/name_u]!

[name_u]Bowen[/name_u] is a name whereas [name_m]Bohan[/name_m] sounds like a company to me.

[name_u]Bowen[/name_u]