Boy #2

Hello,
I need help deciding on a name for our second child. I love our sons name and feel nothing I have come across
compares. Is this normal for 2nd time parents? We don’t know the sex but I feel it’s going to be a boy. Our first childs name is [name]Everett[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] and our last name starts with H.

This is a list we are somewhat working with so far, but our very open. We just don’t want anything to popular.

[name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Maguire[/name]
[name]Madden[/name]
[name]Tucker[/name]
Lochlyn
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] is a fine name and I like [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Holden[/name], [name]Gideon[/name]. [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Cormac[/name] and [name]Flynn[/name] from your list for his sibling. I would avoid the somewaht “trendy” names like [name]Madden[/name], [name]Beckett[/name] (rhymes with [name]Everett[/name]), Lochlyn (girls spelling of [name]Lachlan[/name]), [name]Maguire[/name], [name]Tucker[/name] and [name]Camden[/name]. Here are some other suggestions.

[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Colin[/name] / [name]Callum[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] / [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Preston[/name]
[name]Easton[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Drake[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Reid[/name] / [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Leland[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name] / [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Curran[/name]
[name]Damon[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Porter[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Roland[/name]
[name]Sidney[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Noel[/name]
[name]Winston[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Gregor[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Lowell[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Laurence[/name]
[name]Stanton[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Gulliver[/name]

Congrats! If our lo on the way is a boy he will be named [name]Everett[/name] [name]Lee[/name], after my great grandfather, [name]LOVE[/name] it :slight_smile: so maybe I can help you find something for DS # 2 :slight_smile:
I really like from your list:
[name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] (just be prepared to repeat the double t sound if you have a 3rd boy)
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]

Here are some suggestions, some are repeats but I really like them :wink:
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Hampton[/name]
[name]Coleman[/name]
[name]Greyson[/name] nn [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Thatcher[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Huck[/name]

Best of luck

Thank you ladies for your replies. Despite loving the name [name]Beckett[/name] we realize now just how similar it is to [name]Everett[/name], so it’s gone. We couldn’t agree on the spelling for [name]Lachlan[/name], and when DH saw that you called it the girl version he finally backed down :). I appreciate all the suggestions. I like the -son ending names [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Greyson[/name], [name]Harrison[/name] but hubby is uncertain as our last name is [name]Hodgson[/name]. Currently I think our top two our [name]Holden[/name] and [name]Gideon[/name]. It is so nice to hear other peoples opinions (not family members or judgemental friends).

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Everett[/name]'s a wonderful name and you’re on your way to finding something you’ll love for number 2 : D. Of the -son ending names, [name]Anderson[/name] is best to my ears: it doesn’t start with the same letter (like [name]Harrison[/name]) and doesn’t have the same number of syllables (like [name]Greyson[/name]). Anders0n H0dgson isn’t my taste, but I think it’s perfectly fine. Still, if your husband is doubtful, I’d keep looking (probably). Greys0n H0dgson is getting to be too much, I think, and Harris0n H0dgson is really quite a lot. H0lden H0dgson is also quite repetitive, even without the -son. Gide0n Hodgs0n is quite nice, in my opinion. [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Gideon[/name] sound quite nice together!

Below are some names I think fit with [name]Everett[/name], or names you like, or your last name (and ideally maybe all 3 : D!) Would you consider:
[name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Alden[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Andreas[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Grey[/name]
[name]Ingram[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Simeon[/name]
[name]Talmage[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]

All best!

I love [name]Everett[/name]! It was on our list, but we love [name]Emmett[/name] too so we had to choose. Ultimately, [name]Emmett[/name] had more sentimental value.

Of your names,

I love [name]Holden[/name], [name]Cormac[/name], [name]Gideon[/name], & [name]Lochlan[/name].
I like [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Tucker[/name], [name]Camden[/name], & [name]Flynn[/name].
I dislike [name]Maguire[/name], [name]Madden[/name], & [name]Harrison[/name].

Suggestions:

[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]