Boy/Girl twins due in a few weeks!

My husband thinks we’re set on the names, but I just don’t know. He really likes [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f]. I like these names a lot, but I have a few issues: our last name starts with S. I don’t like that [name_u]James[/name_u] ends in S and runs into the beginning of our last name. I would probably always call him [name_u]Jamie[/name_u], but still. As for [name_f]Lila[/name_f], I like it spelled [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] to avoid pronunciation confusion. It’s [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], like [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]. Husband thinks the H on the end is superfluous. Also, our older son’s name starts with an L. Is it weird to have only 2 of your 3 kids’ names start with the same letter, leaving an odd man out? Lastly, we want to give her the middle name [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]. That’s a city with very special memories for us. Again, I don’t like how [name_f]Lila[/name_f] ends in the A sound and [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] begins with it. I also wonder if it’s too sing-songy and hard to say together. Maybe I’m over thinking everything lol. Any advice, and other baby name suggestions are appreciated!

Personally, I would give the names a little more thought. Mostly I would not want two “L” names and one “J” name. You could avoid this by using the longer version [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and calling her [name_f]Lilah[/name_f]. I think the “s” at the end of [name_u]James[/name_u] will be easier to say with your last name than the “a” at the end of [name_f]Lila[/name_f] with [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f], but that is not a deal breaker because the first and middle names aren’t said together very often.

If you want to avoid the two “s” situation you could use the name [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] or [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], the Hebrew form of the name. Is there any other girl’s name you would consider? Perhaps [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] (or [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]) for a first name. Other suggestions that would go with twin brother [name_u]James[/name_u] are: [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Annelie[/name_f], [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Eleonora[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] these suggestions are helpful…

Bottom line. If you like the two names, the way I would go is by using [name_u]James[/name_u] (or [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]) S… and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] S…

Congratulations and good luck with your name selection.

What about [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]? That way you still have [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_f]Lila/name_f as nicknames without inital problems, not as much sound blurring, etc.

I like the idea of [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] nicknames [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_u]James[/name_u] :).
Here’s a few suggestions for both…
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_m]Grayson[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Carter[/name_u]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Colton[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u]
[name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Carly[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annalise[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Macy[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]/[name_f]Laila[/name_f]/[name_f]Leila[/name_f]

What is your elder sons name?

I love the suggestion of [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]!!!