Boy List Help

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

I’m hoping for some feedback on our list of boy names. If you could let me know which you like, and why, I’d really appreciate it. Any suggestions & criticism are more than welcome too!
Many thanks in advance!

[name_m]Albie[/name_m] (This is my OH’s hill to die on, [name_m]Albert[/name_m] will not be entertained by him so unfortunately a longer name with [name_m]Albie[/name_m] as a nn isn’t a possibility :pensive: )
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Harry[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]

[name_m]Albie[/name_m] is sweet, but I would prefer it as a nn. If your husband doesn’t like [name_m]Albert[/name_m], perhaps [name_m]Albus[/name_m]?

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] feels sounds very preppy. Would it be pronounced Loo-ee or Loo-iss? I much prefer the latter.

I love [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] so so much! Very handsome, classic name!

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is wonderful! I wish I could use it, but I can’t due to a personal association. :sob:

[name_m]Harry[/name_m] isn’t my favorite. I just think of the adjective “hairy.”

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] is a strong but sweet boys name. It’s very nice.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] has been growing on my recently! Very handsome and charming!

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] is another that I wish I could use. It is getting very popular though.

Overall, [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] are my favorites!

[name_m]Albie[/name_m] - A little too nickname-y, imho. But I suppose it could work if you love it more than all others, which is the most important criterion for choosing a name.
[name_m]Louis[/name_m] - Not a personal favorite of mine, but a strong choice, to be sure.
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] - Classic but not overused. I quite like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] myself!
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] - Also classic, but definitely very common (at least in the US). That may not matter to you, but it’s worth considering.
[name_m]Harry[/name_m] - [name_m]Harry[/name_m] is rare and fun in the US, but I believe it is extraordinarily popular in the UK.
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] - A little boring to me, but I have no negative associations with the name – all the Noahs I’ve met have been very nice.
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - Really charming! It’s classic and not too common yet, though it’s on the rise. It has a very soft, yet sophisticated vibe.
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] - Always cheeky and fun, though it is also very common.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites of your list are probably [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this could help! :slight_smile:

[name_m]Albie[/name_m] - Very sweet, but too cutesy for an adult for me. If a longer version isn’t an option, I wouldn’t use it.

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] - Are you pronouncing it as [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] or [name_m]Louie[/name_m]? I love softness of the latter, but dislike the former.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] - Very solid, masculine name. I’m pretty neutral on it.

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] - [name_m]Way[/name_m] too popular for my liking, but it is a bit of a timeless classic.

[name_m]Harry[/name_m] - Sweet and simple, with a slightly vintage feel. I think it’s quite nice.

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] - This is ridiculously popular where I live, so I have been a bit put off it. 15 years ago though, I rather loved it.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - I quite like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], but don’t completely know why. It just has a charm and handsomeness about it.

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] - Gives me rough and tumble vibes… a little boy that like collecting bugs and always has messy hair. It’s often used as a nickname here. I guess I’m pretty neutral about this one too… not my type, but I don’t hate it.

Of all your names, [name_m]Albie[/name_m] is the most unique. I’d say go for it!

[name_m]Albie[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] are the winners for me. I’m not bothered by [name_m]Albie[/name_m] as the given name although maybe he would be okay with another Al___ name such as [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], which may be more of a stretch but could work.

[name_m]Albie[/name_m] -i love [name_m]Albie[/name_m]. It’s cute but versatile and i think it can totally stand alone

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] - cute and regal

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] - cheerful and sweet

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] - solid and sturdy

[name_m]Harry[/name_m] -it’s okay but yiu have better choices

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] - popular but nice

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - i like the solid, adventurous vibe of [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] -versatile and cute but very popular

You might like
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Alfie[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Great list!

Here are my thoughts-

[name_m]Albie[/name_m]-You know, I’ve loved the name [name_m]Albert[/name_m] for a long time because it’s my grandpa’s name. I’ve never cared for [name_m]Albie[/name_m], but recently I’ve been finding it kind of adorable. Are you in the U.S.? If so, [name_m]Albie[/name_m] is an unique friendly choice. It is awfully nick-namey though for my personal taste. But I’d go for just [name_m]Albie[/name_m] if you both love it.

[name_m]Louis[/name_m]-This is a charming classic. It’s smart, friendly, handsome & just the right amount of quirky. I quite like [name_m]Louie[/name_m] too. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you? It could be somewhat unavoidable.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]-This is nice. A little tired in some areas, but it’s a good solid name. The nn [name_m]Ike[/name_m] is fun.

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]-See above.

[name_m]Harry[/name_m]-Again, this one kind of depends on your area. If you’re in the U.K, this is an adorable choice. In this U.S., it may have teasing potential? I’m just being nit-picky to help narrow things down! I really think that [name_m]Harry[/name_m] is adorable. I do personally prefer it as a nn though.

[name_u]Noah[/name_u]-A good solid classic. Very popular, but a beautiful name.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]-This is adorable. Similar vibes as [name_m]Louis[/name_m].

[name_m]Jack[/name_m]-I love this name. It’s just the perfect smart, handsome lovable guy name. It’s very popular, but for good reasoning.

Well, I like them all, so I’m no help! Here are a few suggestions just in case:

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u]

[name_m]Archer[/name_m]

[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]

[name_u]Alden[/name_u]

[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]

[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]

[name_m]David[/name_m]

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]

[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]

[name_m]Edgar[/name_m]

[name_m]Edward[/name_m]

[name_u]Elias[/name_u]

[name_m]George[/name_m]

[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]

[name_m]Hugh[/name_m]

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

[name_u]Ira[/name_u]

[name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_m]Knox[/name_m]

[name_m]Leo[/name_m]

[name_u]Max[/name_u]

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]

[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]

[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

[name_m]Otis[/name_m]

[name_m]Peter[/name_m]

[name_u]Rafe[/name_u]

[name_m]Simon[/name_m]

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

[name_m]William[/name_m]

[name_m]Winston[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Albion[/name_m]!!! [name_m]Albie[/name_m] as a nickname.

I’m sorry for not helping you, but I really needed to comment that I love all the names on your list!! This is an excellent list!! :heart:
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is on the top of my list for a boy and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is one of my favorite combos.
I adore [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] as a first name too - internacional, handsome and sweet.
[name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] are very elegant and sophisticated names.
[name_m]Albie[/name_m] is a really cool and unexpected choice!
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] is a very charming name, but probably the first I would eliminate. It’s a very popular choice nowadays and for that reason, in my opinion, it doesn’t feel as fresh or brilliant as the other names.

Good luck!

[name_m]Albie[/name_m] is an interesting hill to die on, haha! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the previous suggestion of [name_m]Albus[/name_m] as a full name since your partner doesn’t care for [name_m]Albert[/name_m]. Another option would be [name_m]Albion[/name_m] - definitely more unusual than most of your list, but has some beautiful mythology attached!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], and [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. [name_m]Louis[/name_m] is sweet and reminds me of the Trumpet of the [name_f]Swan[/name_f]. [name_m]Harry[/name_m] just makes me think of the word “hairy” or [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] - not a bad association, but definitely a dominating one. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is too Biblical for my taste - I like the way it looks and sounds, but the story is pretty dark! [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] would be my no vote. It’s a very common name, and he would likely be one of several Bens in his class.

[name_m]Albie[/name_m] - I do feel like this is more of a nickname (a very cute one, though!)
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]- I don’t love this name as much as the others; it feels very stiff, but it’s still a good name choice.
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]- I love this name! It works for both a boy and an adult, and feels very familiar and gentle.
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]- Also a great name, with some good nicknames ([name_m]Ben[/name_m] and [name_m]Benji[/name_m]).
[name_m]Harry[/name_m]- I like this name decently, but it could have strong connections to [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] or be used for an unflattering nickname.
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]- I also love this name. It’s solid and substantial but very sweet.
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]- This name is classic and fun, but not overused…
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]- [name_m]Jack[/name_m]’s a fun name, but I prefer some of the others on your list.

Overall, a good list to choose from! Good luck!

Hello! Of all these names, my pick for you would be either [name_m]Jack[/name_m] (why is it so stinking cute yet wearable as a mature adult!?!), or finding a more formal name to go with nn [name_m]Albie[/name_m].

I adore [name_m]Albie[/name_m], but perhaps a more formal name will be more malleable for your baby to grow into? Here are some ideas to get to [name_m]Albie[/name_m]:

[name_m]Alben[/name_m]/[name_m]Alban[/name_m]

[name_m]Albrecht[/name_m] (bonus: has a great meaning!)

[name_m]Alvin[/name_m] nn [name_u]Alvie[/name_u]

[name_m]Albion[/name_m]