Boy name block!

My OH and i are TTC, and we’re thinking of names, for girls we have a few; [name_f]Emily[/name_f] (number 1), [name_f]Maddison[/name_f]/[name_f]Madeline[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]. The only boy names we agree on fully are [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_m]Marshall[/name_m]. These are my OHs choices and dont give me the same feeling as [name_f]Emily[/name_f].

We’re very close to my OHs cousins and their children so we want something that flows but stands out. Names vetoed because they are my cousins or his cousins/family are; [name_u]Shaun[/name_u], [name_m]Jason[/name_m], [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_u]Kieran[/name_u], [name_m]Jenson[/name_m], [name_u]Shane[/name_u], [name_m]Sean[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Adam[/name_m], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], [name_m]Alan[/name_m], [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and Nathan.

I like names such as [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] where as OH likes [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Lewis[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u]. He doesnt seem to like any of my names but im more open minded. [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] is our favourite but as i said it just doesnt grab me. Am i being too picky? What names do you think flow well with our family? MN either [name_u]Michael[/name_u] or [name_m]Clive[/name_m] or both depending on the first name.

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance!

I love [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]. My only argument with it is its popularity. But if that is of no concern to you then that would be my choice from your list.
I prefer [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] but if hubby has vetoed it thenI guess it is out.
Others you may agree on given your style;
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]/[name_m]Harry[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Emile[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there and welcome to nameberry.

I think that [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is a lovely choice but I think that I would prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] as a sister for future brother [name_m]Marshall[/name_m].

To try and blend your styles could we use a different middle name eg

[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] - [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] works equally well.

I think that [name_m]Levi[/name_m] and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] sound alike so I was wondering if you would like a little [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]? Again trying to blend your styles.

Or [name_m]Eli[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

A few more

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] nn either [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] or 3 name combo [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Clive[/name_m] [name_m]Marshall[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacoby[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] nn [name_m]Coby[/name_m]

Girls

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_f]Lia[/name_f], [name_u]Mel[/name_u], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] nn [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

I will be interested to see if any of these suggestions are of help to you.

rollo

PS You are not being too picky, keep posting till you find something that clicks

OH doesnt like the boy names suggested but i love [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Eli[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]. [name_m]Ive[/name_m] always loved [name_m]Henry[/name_m] but oh was bullied by a boy called [name_m]Henry[/name_m] so i can understand.

We like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] but not [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], i [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], its actually my mn but oh isnt sure :frowning: i love [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] as its a family name of mine and oh likes it as a mn. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is popular in our area so we want it as a middle instead. We loved [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] but a friend of ours had a girl called [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], we then thought of having a girl called [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] but call her [name_f]Mia[/name_f] but then my cousin called her daughter [name_f]Mia[/name_f] and we have a friend called [name_f]Leia[/name_f] so that throws that out the window. We love [name_f]Millie[/name_f] and [name_f]Molly[/name_f] but surname is [name_f]Molly[/name_f] with an extra vowel.

Thank you for being so understanding.

[name_u]Theo[/name_u] feels like a blend of both of your styles, as does [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like either? Other names that seem to fit with your combined styles are
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_f]Do[/name_f] any of those appeal to you guys?

Let’s try again and if I have a different middle just add [name_m]Clive[/name_m] or [name_u]Michael[/name_u] to the mix.

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Clive[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Clive[/name_m] ([name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is a hot name right now)
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_m]Marshall[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Connor[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Clive[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Bede[/name_m] [name_u]MIchael[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Clive[/name_m]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_m]Clive[/name_m]
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] (similar to [name_m]George[/name_m]) nn [name_f]Jordie[/name_f]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] you have to love a [name_m]Johnny[/name_m]
[name_u]Cruz[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Clive[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Clive[/name_m]

and it looks like these will make your final list (I love both)

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] nn of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]

or if you want something like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] then what about

[name_f]Mila[/name_f] (me lah) combo of [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and this is a stunning name and you get nn of [name_f]Milly[/name_f] if you wish

rollo

Out of all those beautiful names you suggested, OH only liked [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] :confused: not sure we’re ever going to agree!

[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]