Boy Name Brainstorm

I’m due in [name]March[/name] and am having some trouble picking a boy name. We are opting to be surprised and have nailed down a girl name. Finalist names for girls were: [name]Flavia[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Ellen[/name], [name]Louisa[/name].

For boys the names on our shortlist are: [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]George[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Marek[/name] and [name]Clark[/name].

[name]Clark[/name] is probably my favorite but DH isn’t sold on it. I’m a bit bored by the other options. Middle name is set at [name]Joseph[/name], it’s a family name.

We have a long last name that’s hard to spell and pronounce so something short is probably best, but I also want something more unsual. Husband has said no to most of my more interesting ideas like [name]Ephraim[/name], [name]Samson[/name], [name]Gilbert[/name], [name]Arthur[/name].

I’m stumped. Ideas anyone?

Short but a bit unusual, hmm…

[name]Breccan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Klaus[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Fintan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Nemo[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Beau[/name]?

I love [name]Beau[/name]! Not wild about the initials BJ though. Think it’s a big deal?

I don’t think BJ is a big deal. Went to high school with a kid who went by those initials, and by the time anyone in our grade realized the humor in it, it was more in a “haha that’s cool” kind of a way than in a teasing manner.

That said I’m not big on the name [name]Beau[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Warren[/name], [name]Wade[/name], [name]Neil[/name], or [name]Graham[/name]?

Far out you have great taste :slight_smile: Any of the names you have there would be wonderful!

[name]Stellan[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Albert[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Micah[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Steen[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Bruno[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Theo[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]

My favorite name from your shortlist is definitely [name]Theodore[/name] (historic and classic, but far from overused and has a really noble feel about it), but it is kind of long so I don’t know if it would go with your long last name well or not.
I also quite like [name]Marek[/name] (that’s a new one to me- seems to be the Czech, Polish, Slovak variation of [name]Mark[/name])(I like [name]Marcus[/name] even better).

[name]Clark[/name] , Henry and [name]Samuel[/name] are all solid names ([name]Samuel[/name]'s a little too common for my taste, but a solid name nonetheless).

My least favorite from your shortlist is [name]George[/name] (even though it’s an important name in US history, I’ve always thought it sounded funny).

Some other options that might match your style preference:
[name]Hugo[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Levi[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] (AJ)

Thanks all!

[name]Marek[/name] is one that I like in theory but it’s very polish and with our very polish last name I worry about it sounding too Polish overall. My husband’s family has been here a long time. :slight_smile:

Javad- those suggestions are great! sometimes it just takes another person suggesting it for it to feel like a real possibility. I feel like my brain is going to split from reading so many names. They all swim together.