Boy name Carlisle

What do you think of the name [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u]?

Potential full name would be [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m].

Does it have potential nicknames?
Does it sound okay with the names:
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Adalaide[/name_f]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_f]Ivana[/name_f] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u]: chic name. NN: [name_u]Lyle[/name_u], [name_u]Lisle[/name_u], Carr.

[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]: too much Ls. Is [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] his surname? (the character is a guy, right?)

It sounds okay with:
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Adalaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivana[/name_f] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] & [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]: no.

IDEAS:
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]/ [name_m]Casper[/name_m] *
[name_m]Damien[/name_m] *
[name_m]Damon[/name_m]
[name_m]Julien[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucio[/name_m]
[name_m]Alister[/name_m] *
[name_m]Zacchaeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Oz[/name_m] (Ozwald)
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m] *
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Ichabod[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexei[/name_m]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] ?
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]/ [name_m]Leonid[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] *
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] *

It is for a guy.

The names [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] and [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] are not changeable.

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] would be a middle name though now I am leaning more towards [name_f]Aster[/name_f] as the middle. So [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] [name_f]Aster[/name_f]?

Last name is Jennerjohn.

I think it depends what kind of person he is and what the setting is for the story.

[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is an unusual name and would stand out if you are writing a story set in, say, modern-day United States, so as part of the story I would expect to see other characters comment on the name and perhaps even [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] himself explaining how he ended up with such an unusual name - for instance maybe he was named after the city of [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] in the UK because that’s where his parents met.
Obviously if you are writing a sci-fi set way in the future and all your other characters have similarly outlandish names by our standards, then it’s completely fine.

Renrose came up with a brilliant form that can help you think through the naming of a character, for instance who named them and if they are named after someone else. I find it really helpful. Here: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] [name_f]Aster[/name_f] flows pretty well. I like it.

pebbles320, thanks for the suggested link!

It is set in the year 2226 and basically this character (the main) is the Minion meaning he was sent to save [name_f]Earth[/name_f] (after his cousin messes up and fails) from a man named only as [name_u]Mars[/name_u].

Two cousins are named [name_m]Bryant[/name_m] Stryker Jennerjohn (boy) and [name_u]Teagan[/name_u] Banshee Jennerjohn (boy)

As for the meaning of his name I wanted him to be given his mother’s maiden name. Only [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] and him have the same mom.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that wasn’t too detailed. And please, no one steal my story idea.

Thanks! Now to come up with similar style middles for the rest of his siblings.

[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is very nice, though I prefer [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] [name_f]Aster[/name_f]. Very nice!
Cyle would be a cool nn.

Here’s my try at middles:
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] [name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_f]Adalaide[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] Faraday

[name_m]How[/name_m] would you pronounce Faraday? Is it said like Far-a-day or ?

Would the nickname [name_u]Cai[/name_u] ([name_u]Kai[/name_u]) work as well? I like the suggested Cyle (it’s said like [name_u]Kyle[/name_u], right?)

Yea, Faraday is like fair-uh-day

I think [name_u]Cai[/name_u] would work too. A nice modern nickname for a more traditional name.

I still love the name [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] [name_f]Aster[/name_f] with his siblings.

But what about [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]?

[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_f]Aster[/name_f]?

[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]

?? Other suggestions for his name are welcomed too.

I love [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] and it goes pretty good with the other characters. I would make it [name_f]Iris[/name_f] out of [name_f]Iris[/name_f] or [name_f]Ivanna[/name_f] ([name_f]Evanna[/name_f]? I like more) and I do not like [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] all that much

[name_f]Aster[/name_f], the flower, for a male? No.
I think you want Astor.

[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] Astor Jennerjohn, very dignified!

The Astor family is a family known for its prominence in business, society, and politics in the United States and the United Kingdom during the 19th and 20th centuries.

Was actually going for the star meaning of [name_f]Aster[/name_f].

What about Carlisle Franklin or Franklin Carlisle?

[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] Jennerjohn, brother of [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] Astor Jennerjohn. :slight_smile: