Boy name for my girl opinions please

I’m thinking I want to suggest [name_m]Charlo[/name_m] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] for our girl. Its actually a boy name but I think I’m just not going to tell hubby that part. I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] but its becoming tooo popular to use for us so this is my fix for that but is it too different? Hubby wants something sorta familiar. Also in order to make this an option for my husband it has to have a good nn any ideas? Thanks for your help. If you have any other ideas please share them I’m racking my brain and we can’t find a name that we can agree on. Names that have been veto’d are [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Priya[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_f]Demi[/name_f] and [name_f]Mallory[/name_f] among probably thousands of others.

For the sake of simplicity, I would look towards similar sounding names that are feminine or unisex. Here are some names similar in sound to [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] / [name_m]Charlo[/name_m].
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Charley[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Carlotta[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Carla[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Charline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Carly[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Arley[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Other sugestions based on the other names you listed:
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_u]Laney[/name_u], [name_f]Lainey[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

Have you considered [name_f]Charlize[/name_f], [name_f]Charlene[/name_f], or [name_f]Charmian[/name_f]? I agree [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is both pretty and overused nowadays, but it’s not the only [name_f]Char[/name_f]- name. I’ve never heard [name_m]Charlo[/name_m].

What about using [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and then calling her [name_m]Charlo[/name_m]/[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] as a nickname?

Dang on the [name_f]Priya[/name_f] veto :frowning:

I second [name_f]Charlize[/name_f] as a great alternative to [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], and some of the others suggestions are really good, too. Can’t say I really love [name_m]Charlo[/name_m] — I wouldn’t know whether to say it with a Sh- like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or a Ch- like [name_m]Charles[/name_m], and it looks kind of like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] just got cut off. Tons of people would probably still assume it’s [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

I strongly urge you to consider [name_f]Charlise[/name_f], [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u], [name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u], [name_f]Charis[/name_f], [name_f]Carissa[/name_f], [name_f]Charity[/name_f], [name_f]Clarisse[/name_f], [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f], or [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] since all of those have nickname options, some of which are boyish. [name_m]Charlo[/name_m] would be a cute nn for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], which despite its popularity is still highly usable. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a solid and classic option.

Wow, really good suggestions here! I think you should consider them rather than [name_m]Charlo[/name_m]. There are so many beautiful girl names out there, there’s no need to pick from the other side.