boy name indecision

hi – i am driving myself crazy trying to name a boy due in ten weeks. i’ve always been so fascinated by names, now that i have to pick one i am totally incapacitated.

my husband is a little more conservative than i am name wise so we are trying to find a classic name that isn’t too popular. i want it to be recognizable as a name with history, without there being several others with the same name in his class.

the short list is probably:
henry
oliver
oscar
griffin (family name)

i really like henry and oscar a lot. a lot of my family seems to dislike oscar (although i’m not sure i care), henry feels right, but i’m worried it is becoming too popular. this is my first child so i don’t have a good sense of the other names out there (other than from the ss website).

anyway, any thoughts appreciated.

the short list is probably:
henry - love, but it’s very popular depending where you live. In [name]CA[/name] it doesn’t seem to be as popular as back [name]East[/name].
oliver - popular, too, but I love it!
oscar - popular, too, again I love it!
griffin (family name) - love, but not as much as [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name], not very popular

Similar to [name]Henry[/name], but not as popular: [name]Harvey[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] - they either sound like [name]Henry[/name] or they’re classic.
Remind me of [name]Oliver[/name]: [name]Trevor[/name], [name]Miles[/name], [name]Calvin[/name], [name]Julian[/name] - all of these are so elegant and flow well.
Like [name]Oscar[/name]: [name]Rufus[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Maxfield[/name], [name]Chester[/name], [name]August[/name] nn [name]Gus[/name], [name]Dexter[/name] - these are vintage and clunky-cool.

Thanks [name]Susan[/name],

I like a lot of the names you posted, especially [name]Rufus[/name]. I don’t know, I’m having a really hard time. I may just have to meet the little guy before I can pick.

That’s what we did with our second baby. We had a list of names ready, and when she was born she just was [name]Laura[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].
[name]Rufus[/name] is adorable!