Boy name initials

How bad is it for a boy’s initials to be BJ? :confused: we can’t decide if this is going to be a source if teasing later on…

We wouldn’t call him “BJ” first name would start with B and last name starts with J

Guessing this would be more of an issue in middle/high school but not in elementary school? I’d hope not much. People say that teasing just happens and there’s not a lot that can be done to avoid it if that’s what other kids decide to do. :woman_shrugging:

I’d be more worried about a kid named [name_m]Tucker[/name_m].

1 Like

Both my mom and my nephew have the initials BJ. It has never been an issue for my mom, and my nephew is only 5. We don’t see a problem with it for my nephew in the future. It’s never been a topic among the adults when talking names.

I call one of my grandmothers Grandma BJ because of her initials and I never made the connection until a few years ago. I don’t think most people think about their initials much anyway, so I doubt it will ever be a big deal!

Capt. B.J. Hunnicutt of the tv show MASH was probably one of the most well-known characters with this name. Despite the jokes and craziness of the show, it has never come up, not even in the reviews about the show years later.

I feel like BJ & BS are such common initials and nobody I know has been teased about it! We’ve definitely brought it up but never in a malicious way! [name_f]My[/name_f] initials are one letter from being SEX OR STD so those aren’t bad at all!

I think people make it out to be a bigger worry for the future during pregnancy than it turns out to be in reality.

1 Like

I would personally avoid it but I dont think it’s the end of the world

A very good point & I agree. It’s literally never my first thought (or my second or third - I basically don’t think of it at all).