Boy name inspiration {Preppy Urban names}

I’ve been on a slight hiatus when it comes to boy names simply due to nothing clicking. With my luck I’ll have a hoard of boys with no name at this rate, ha!

Right now my list (if you want to call it that) consist of the following:

[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_u]Elisha[/name_u]
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] // Acre [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
Summit // [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] // [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]

… that’s pretty much it, with [name_u]Eden[/name_u] being the only name I absolutely love.

I would describe my style as “Preppy [name_u]Urban[/name_u]” something soft and quirky with a little bit of edge to it. So saying all of this I am looking for added suggestions, I would prefer names that are not popular (in regards to the SSA and also namer faves). [name_m]Just[/name_m] due to the fact of I feel like I’ve seen and heard everything.

Some more names I’ve been considering to give more of a feel on what I am looking for: Khleo, [name_m]Aries[/name_m] // [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_f]Makena[/name_f], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], and [name_u]Auden[/name_u].
Thank you so much for reading this far lol!

I love [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_u]Elisha[/name_u] or [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]. [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] is also great but like [name_u]Eden[/name_u] I prefer it on a girl. Same with [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] and [name_u]Auden[/name_u], but I still like those names. [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is also cool but I would probably use a different Middle than [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m].

I agree with the pp, [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] and [name_u]Auden[/name_u] in my opinion have more of a feminine vibe to me, but they’re nice names. I really like [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]!

Suggestions:
[name_u]Sinclair[/name_u]
[name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_m]Burton[/name_m]
[name_m]Pollux[/name_m]
[name_m]Renzo[/name_m]
[name_f]Maine[/name_f]
[name_u]Calder[/name_u]

What a refreshing list! I love that several of the names you’re considering might be more “expected” on a girl, or are tending that way. [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_u]Auden[/name_u] et al are all gorgeous for a boy, and I’m thrilled to see them being considered!

You might like…

Ochre
[name_f]Phaedra[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Arbor[/name_f]
Solace
[name_u]Nesta[/name_u]
Mariner
Ames
Astala
[name_u]Yarrow[/name_u]
[name_m]Dougray[/name_m]
Fennor
[name_u]Amory[/name_u]
[name_u]Baylor[/name_u]
Wilde
[name_f]Kalla[/name_f]
Zuma
[name_f]Tupelo[/name_f]
[name_m]Kenelm[/name_m]
Harvest
[name_m]Maxence[/name_m]
Lupin
[name_m]Prosper[/name_m]
Fennec
[name_m]Salix[/name_m]
[name_u]Auburn[/name_u]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_f]Rumer[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u]
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u]
[name_m]Arrow[/name_m]
[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]
[name_m]Elwood[/name_m]
[name_m]Caius[/name_m]
[name_m]Espen[/name_m]
[name_f]Cypress[/name_f]
[name_m]Rune[/name_m]

@[name_f]Katinka[/name_f] Thank you! I love a lot of these suggestions, [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] was actually on my list not too long ago, I may have to bring that one back I do really like it.

[name_f]Arbor[/name_f]
Solace
Ames
[name_u]Amory[/name_u]
Wilde
[name_f]Kalla[/name_f] (This is just cool, never thought of this for a boy.)
[name_u]Auburn[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u]
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u]
[name_m]Arrow[/name_m]
[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]
[name_m]Elwood[/name_m]
[name_m]Caius[/name_m]
[name_f]Cypress[/name_f]
[name_m]Rune[/name_m]

@mj21

I actually think [name_f]Maine[/name_f] is pretty cool, unfortunately my best friends name is [name_u]Jermaine[/name_u], and I don’t want him to think I’m honoring him lol.

I recently rediscovered [name_m]Chet[/name_m] (from [name_m]Chester[/name_m]) and it really strikes me as a casual-cool, unique hipster kind of choice.

This kind of taste is very idiosyncratic, but also really fun to suggest, so I’ll throw out what I can think of:

[name_m]Alban[/name_m]
[name_m]Aldous[/name_m]
Arcady
[name_m]Aro[/name_m]
[name_m]Aryan[/name_m]
[name_m]Aston[/name_m]
Astor
[name_m]Beacon[/name_m]
[name_u]Beck[/name_u]
[name_m]Breaker[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Cadoc[/name_m]
[name_m]Caesar[/name_m] / [name_m]Cesar[/name_m]
[name_m]Caius[/name_m] / [name_u]Cai[/name_u] / [name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Calix[/name_m]
[name_u]Carey[/name_u]
[name_u]Cato[/name_u]
[name_m]Chet[/name_m] / [name_m]Chester[/name_m]
[name_m]Coltrane[/name_m]
[name_f]Comet[/name_f]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] (for me this isn’t even in hipster territory, but I think it fits stylistically)
[name_m]Dieter[/name_m]
[name_m]Elmo[/name_m]
[name_f]Endeavor[/name_f]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] / [name_u]Felice[/name_u] (if the Italian version feels a little more original?)
[name_m]Hercule[/name_m]
[name_u]Jory[/name_u]
[name_f]Journey[/name_f]
[name_u]Keaton[/name_u]
[name_m]Kian[/name_m]
[name_m]Kier[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonce[/name_m]
[name_m]Lion[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcel[/name_m]
[name_m]Merrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Painter[/name_m]
[name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_u]Reeve[/name_u]
[name_m]Rhodri[/name_m]
[name_m]Rock[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
Spartan
Stanhope
[name_m]Sten[/name_m]
Teuton
[name_m]Thor[/name_m]
Tiber (historical [name_m]Roman[/name_m] river)
Torben
[name_m]Tycho[/name_m] / Tychon
[name_m]Tyr[/name_m]
[name_u]Urban[/name_u] / [name_m]Urbain[/name_m] (historic pope name; [name_m]Urbain[/name_m] is a [name_m]French[/name_m] version)
Wake
[name_u]West[/name_u]
[name_m]Whitaker[/name_m]
[name_m]Yves[/name_m] / [name_m]Ivo[/name_m]
[name_u]Zen[/name_u]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
Ziran (Daoist term, a state of being, meaning naturally, freely, spontaneously)

Are you naming a boy or a girl??? These seem to be full-throttle girls names nowadays:
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]
[name_f]Makena[/name_f]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]

Trying too hard to be u-neek:
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m]
Acre
Khleo - this misspelling of the girl’s name [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is really off.
[name_m]Aries[/name_m]

[name_u]Ari[/name_u] is ok

[name_u]Auden[/name_u] - the “odd” sound is a turn-off for me

@nimwey Thank you so much for the lovely list, so many I absolutely adore! [name_m]Caius[/name_m], Callix, [name_m]Whitaker[/name_m] and [name_m]Chet[/name_m]!! I love [name_m]Chet[/name_m] / [name_m]Chester[/name_m] I swear that name is the sweetest, I just worry that paired with names like [name_u]Eden[/name_u] he’d stick out like a sore thumb?

@[name_f]Susette[/name_f] All boys! I do understand my names lean more towards unisex, but I’ve met enough boys (ranging in different ages) with more feminine names that haven’t experience backlash so that has made me more comfortable with pursuing the possibility of using my favorite names. Thank you so much though it has given me things to think about.

Now I’ve finally been loving some name combo’s so I thought I’d ask here for more clarification on if they flow / go together and just overall opinions. So thoughts on these:

[name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m]
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] (my original #1 name but I’ve been waivering with that and [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m])
[name_m]McCoy[/name_m] [name_u]Jericho[/name_u]

Your name combinations are beautiful!

RE: [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] - I think [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] might be more distinct
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] - I think [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] is much more “wow” and distinct.
[name_m]McCoy[/name_m] [name_u]Jericho[/name_u] - [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] [name_u]Jericho[/name_u]?

Also liking [name_m]Aries[/name_m] and [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]… and up thread the suggestion of Mariner

[name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]?

I especially like the alliteration of [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_u]Elisha[/name_u] and wondered if [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] might work for you as well.

Is [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] too unisex? I know I’m pushing it with [name_u]Elisha[/name_u] (it sometimes is pronounces as Uh-lee-shuh I understand), I wonder since [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is one of those trendy BNOG right now if it’s be too much?

[name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] and [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] are teetering in my head, I never know which one I prefer to the other. I loooove S name and am trying to not repeat initials so between [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_u]Sutton[/name_u], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], etc… I’m struggling to pick just one to go on my list lol! [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is AMAZING though, just another S name to battle with.

Thank you so much, definitely need to further play around with my combos. For right now I’m set on [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_u]Elisha[/name_u] & [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] (I considered [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], but it may feel too “lovey” if that makes sense).

[name_f]Cascade[/name_f]
[name_m]Moss[/name_m]
[name_u]Salem[/name_u]
[name_m]Talon[/name_m]
[name_u]Finch[/name_u]
[name_u]Canyon[/name_u] / [name_m]Cannon[/name_m]
[name_m]Baird[/name_m]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Heron[/name_m]
[name_m]Cable[/name_m]
[name_u]Byrd[/name_u]
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_f]Arbor[/name_f]
[name_m]Hale[/name_m]
[name_f]Ode[/name_f]
[name_m]Valor[/name_m]

I know little boy names [name_m]Edison[/name_m]. It’s such a sweet name :slight_smile:

I really, really love your style. I think that you’ve found some truly unisex names, and since many of these are still so unfamiliar to most non-namers, I wouldn’t worry about using them on either a boy or girl. It’s refreshing to see a list of names like yours. :slight_smile:

In particular, I love [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] for a little boy! [name_u]Auden[/name_u] and [name_u]Ari[/name_u] are also great.

I don’t think [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is too unisex, for me I think it might tip a bit more towards boy. [name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce [name_u]Elisha[/name_u]? I think I only know it as phonetically spelled out above.

I think all of your S name choice are great (though [name_u]Sage[/name_u] may be getting a bit dated?), When I first read your list [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] stood out to me, and think it is the matching sounds at the beginning of [name_u]SUTton[/name_u] and end of [name_m]IgnatIUS[/name_m] that give it some balance and harmony. (Same for [name_u]SaiLOR[/name_u] [name_u]EmERson[/name_u])

Totally see that [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] could be too lovey! Though I thought of [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] for you… maybe not such a good fit haha.

hmmm…
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_m]Romeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Aries[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m] [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]

I pronounce the Hebrew way of Eh-LIE-shuh (Like [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] but with the “sh” sound).

I do love [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], as far as middle names go I do prefer longer antique ones such as [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_u]Jericho[/name_u] and the like but [name_m]Anchor[/name_m] [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] does sound sweet! Also [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] Sebasitan, I feel like any name really goes with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] which is great since that’s one of my favorites!

Since seeing this I’ve been trying to figure out a way to use [name_f]Ode[/name_f], cause that is just such a cool name! [name_m]Valor[/name_m], [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], [name_u]Finch[/name_u] (Maybe a middle? [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know if I would use for a first.), and [name_m]Wells[/name_m] ([name_u]Love[/name_u] -es/-s surnames such as [name_m]Barnes[/name_m], [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m], Townes).