Boy name: Many options

Our girl name situation has been mostly resolved. Seeing my husband finally contribute with an idea, rather than just vetoing names or coming up with potentially awful nicknames to discourage me, convinced me that [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] is the way to go.

However, we’ve always had more ideas for boy names than for girls. The scales are harder to tip among: [name_m]Baz[/name_m], [name_u]Shaw[/name_u], [name_m]Hart[/name_m], [name_m]Hale[/name_m], [name_m]Fox[/name_m] and [name_m]Wolf[/name_m].

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is the middle name that sounds and looks more acceptable than [name_m]Milton[/name_m] (the other family name that we’ve thought about). Since we’re now considering non-family names for middles, we could use anything that you may suggest or strikes your fancy.

I really like [name_m]Fox[/name_m], and think [name_m]Fox[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] would make for a nice combo. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] is a lovely name indeed.

As your options for boys are all very short, one syllable word-y names its extremely difficult to pair them together - are there any names that you both like that are lengthier? You could potentially call [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Baz[/name_m]’ too, if you happened to like [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] enough to consider it as first - you’d get both the namesake and the loved name there, plus be able to choose yet another favourite for the middle - [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Baz[/name_m]’ [name_m]Fox[/name_m], for example…?

[name_m]Fox[/name_m] or [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] is one of my GPs and classic [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] balances it out perfectly.

I’m quite fond of [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m].

We’ve always been interested by short, one syllable names. Probably because both of us have one syllable names and we like them a lot :oops:

It’s alright if we can’t pair the names together. We’re very flexible in the middle name area.

Does [name_m]Baz[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] sound/look silly? I say it outloud and don’t hate it, but any other middle name to match [name_m]Baz[/name_m] would be appreciated. I’m also liking [name_m]Hart[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] and [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. My husband is kind of reluctant to give up on [name_u]Shaw[/name_u].

[name_u]Shaw[/name_u] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is my favorite option. Second would be [name_m]Hale[/name_m].