Boy name needed for #6!

Hello everyone! I’m asking for help in naming my sixth baby, a boy, due to arrive in [name_u]November[/name_u]. I am really having a hard time with this one. The names I like are taken by family or friends, so I’ve come to you!

My other kids names are:
[name_m]Judd[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_f]Malaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] (named before duck dynasty and before the famous singer)
[name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Abe[/name_m])

As you see, I like simple names. Not uncommom, but not too popular, at least where I’m from anyways. Each kid has a family name (either first or middle), so boy #6 needs to follow in that trend. The family names we can use are [name_m]Preston[/name_m] (husbands great uncle) and [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] (my grandad). I don’t love, love either one for a first name, because I feel like they don’t really ‘go’ with my other two boys names…[name_m]Judd[/name_m] and [name_m]Abe[/name_m].

I’d love to find another short name…one or two syllable. There are many that I like, but seems that they are all taken!! Oh, and also, I’d really like to find a first name with a letter that we haven’t used…I know, crazy, right? But I’d like for all my kids to have a different first initial.

So, I guess I have too many rules…haha! But I know there’s a perfect name out there. And I’m confident that you all can help! Thanks so much!

Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to Nameberry. Ok, I don’t know your surname so I’ll just follow your rules of one or two-syllables, no shared initials, mn either [name_m]Preston[/name_m] or [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] and has to “fit” with [name_m]Judd[/name_m] and [name_m]Abram[/name_m]. Here goes.

[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_m]Keir[/name_m] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Fraser[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Pierce[/name_m] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivor[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_u]Bryce[/name_u] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Merritt[/name_u] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Clive[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_m]Luther[/name_m] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_m]Kent[/name_m] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_u]Calder[/name_u] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Curtis[/name_u] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Troy[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Niall[/name_u] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_m]Clyde[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]

Thank you, [name_u]Mischa[/name_u], for responding! You’ve listed many names I like, although, can’t use…boo! My favorite is [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]. It was one that we had actually talked about, so I’m thrilled to see it listed! I also, like [name_u]Tate[/name_u], but husband says no…works with one and they call him Tater. [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] is another I like. But haven’t always…but it’s growing on me. Thanks again for your input! Oh, surname is Hicks…so, [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_u]Blake[/name_u], etc. woudn’t go too well, I don’t think.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]

I like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]. I also like [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] as well. I think [name_u]Mischa[/name_u] had some other great suggestions too! I wouldn’t shy away from a name because it may already have been used by a distant relative. It’s your family, your CHILD, and ultimately you can name him whatever you and your husband want! Good luck!

Edited for privacy.

I second all of these suggestions.

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m] nn [name_m]Hank[/name_m]
And I love the alliteration with your surname!

[name_m]Basil[/name_m]
[name_m]Baxter[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennet/name_m
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
Cianan
[name_m]Declan[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Kane[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u]
[name_u]Reeve[/name_u]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
Roryn
[name_u]Tiernan[/name_u]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m]

Also

[name_u]Abbott[/name_u]
[name_m]Arno[/name_m]
Aidric
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Jex[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]/[name_m]Myles[/name_m]
[name_u]Saige[/name_u]

or [name_u]James[/name_u]! Which would be fantastic since your kids’ names start with J, A, M, E, S!

I second what a few other have suggested with [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m] (or [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m], really) with the nn “[name_m]Ike[/name_m]”. I think it is a very solid name that will never go out of style and fits well with your other children’s names.

Other suggestions (sorry if I repeat any or break a rule!):
[name_m]Erik[/name_m]/[name_m]Eric[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Brant[/name_m]
[name_m]Dennis[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Gareth[/name_m]
[name_m]Garth[/name_m]
[name_m]Hank[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_m]Kurt[/name_m]/[name_m]Kurtis[/name_m]/[name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u] – lots of nns possible with this one
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_u]Neal[/name_u]/[name_u]Niall[/name_u]/[name_u]Neil[/name_u]
[name_m]Neville[/name_m] – I am surprised I am suggesting this, but I think it fits well with your other children, sounds good with Hicks, and has a lot of nn possibilities
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] – But this might be too popular for your taste
[name_m]Odin[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Ralf[/name_m]/[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] – nn [name_m]Ron[/name_m]?
[name_m]Ross[/name_m]
[name_m]Roth[/name_m]
Rusell
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_m]Stuart[/name_m] – nn [name_m]Stu[/name_m]

Hopefully some of these help! I think my favorites are [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Scott[/name_m], [name_m]Ross[/name_m], [name_m]Garth[/name_m], and [name_u]Neal[/name_u].

Wow! I’m loving all this help!! You guys are amazing! There are so many I like and a few I would’ve never considered…until now! I will have to roll around all these wonderful ideas!

I love the name [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]/[name_m]Ike[/name_m]!!! There is a boy at our church with that name…so I was staying away from it. I tend to completely block out names if I already know a kid with the same name. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you do that, too? OR should I just go with it?!?

To mary-la: funny that you noticed that my other kids initials spell J-A-M-E-S…I think it’s kinda cool…and I NEVER thought about using [name_u]JAMES[/name_u] as a name…until now!!

Also, another question…[name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about the name [name_m]Hale[/name_m]? That’s another family name I could use, mostly likely for a middle name as well. But, is it too much like hell?!? I worry about all the wrath a child could face…what do you think?

Thanks again! You are all great! Now off to study these names more!! :slight_smile:

Wow! I’m loving all this help!! You guys are amazing! There are so many I like and a few I would’ve never considered…until now! I will have to roll around all these wonderful ideas!

I love the name [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]/[name_m]Ike[/name_m]!!! There is a boy at our church with that name…so I was staying away from it. I tend to completely block out names if I already know a kid with the same name. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you do that, too? OR should I just go with it?!?

To mary-la: funny that you noticed that my other kids initials spell J-A-M-E-S…I think it’s kinda cool…and I NEVER thought about using [name_u]JAMES[/name_u] as a name…until now!!

Also, another question…[name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about the name [name_m]Hale[/name_m]? That’s another family name I could use, mostly likely for a middle name as well. But, is it too much like hell?!? I worry about all the wrath a child could face…what do you think?

Thanks again! You are all great! Now off to study these names more!! :slight_smile:

[name_m]Hale[/name_m] doesn’t make me think of hell. It does remind me of hailstorms and I cringe a bit with that one but that may be because of my personal experience with hailstorms and the damage they inflict. I think however if I knew a boy or a man named [name_m]Hale[/name_m] I wouldn’t keep making that association.

When I read your original post I immediately thought of [name_m]Levi[/name_m]. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ike[/name_m] is great but really [name_m]Levi[/name_m] is perfect.

Edited for privacy.

Thanks again for all the input. After much discussing with my husband, he still insists on using [name_m]Preston[/name_m] as the first name!! I don’t hate it…just don’t like it. It just doesn’t have that strong sound like my other two boys, [name_m]Judd[/name_m] and [name_m]Abe[/name_m]. I will use it as a middle name though…to honor his great uncle.
Right now my #1 is [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m].
My other favorite is [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] [name_m]Hale[/name_m]…to honor my grandad and grama. :slight_smile:
Another name I like is [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m] nn [name_m]Zeke[/name_m], but feel it’s a little more ‘out there’ compared to my other kids names. What do you think?
Well, I’m hoping when baby comes (just 7 weeks away) that my husband will agree on one of these names! (crossing fingers)
Mom of 6!!

I think that [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m] would be a great fit as [name_m]Abe[/name_m], [name_m]Judd[/name_m] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] sound awesome together and have a similar style and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is in vogue but not popular so you are safe with this one having the ‘unique’ factor.

[name_m]Levi[/name_m] is a good fit too but it may be too popular for you whereas [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is right up there so this would be my choice and it is a strong manly name.

[name_m]Preston[/name_m] as a middle works well but I definitely would not use it as a first name and the same applies to [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]. I really feel that Dad needs to rethink having [name_m]Preston[/name_m] in the first name spot especially as you are not too fond of it and it doesn’t have the same oomph as [name_m]Ezra[/name_m].

rollo

Edited for privacy.

I agree…[name_m]Levi[/name_m] is a good fit, but just here recently I am hearing it a whole lot. So now I’m rethinking that one. Ugh, why is this so hard!!! I just want a strong, simple name…not too popular, but not weird. I know we’ll find one, but it’s starting to stress me out a little. I’ve gotta come up with a good one that my husband will love that way he’ll be totally good with not using [name_m]Preston[/name_m] as the first name.

Thanks again everyone. It’s nice to try to figure all this out with you. We always keep the name a secret so it’s great to talk to someone about it…especially since I’m struggling so much!!

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

I can see you leaning towards [name_m]Levi[/name_m] and [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Preston[/name_m] is a good combo but here are a few more names to consider although the brilliant berries have probably listed them already.

[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] This is popular and easily recognised has a nice melodic sound
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] I like this one even though it has faded from popularity somewhat
[name_u]Toby[/name_u] I love this one also its variants [name_m]Tobin[/name_m] and [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u] This is a strong, manly name and is the one syllable kind of name that you seem to like
[name_m]Eli[/name_m] a well loved name and could also be a nn for [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] which is very smart
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] I love this one although it is enjoying a rise in popularity
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] this is always the cool, handsome dude for me
[name_m]Jacoby[/name_m] it is close to [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] but has the nn of [name_m]Coby[/name_m] that may appeal to you
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] or [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] are always in style
[name_m]Amos[/name_m] and [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] these great old testament characters deserve more attention
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m] nn of [name_m]Nate[/name_m] a little dated but still very likeable
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] Once upon a time quite popular but now a surprising choice which I like as who could not like a boy named [name_m]Tom[/name_m]?
[name_m]Jared[/name_m] this is one I have liked for ages
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m] I love the flow of this name although I am not a fan of [name_m]Joe[/name_m]

and here is a list of random other names

[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m] ([name_f]Love[/name_f])
[name_m]Clint[/name_m]
[name_f]Indigo[/name_f]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_u]Carter[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m] or [name_u]Finn[/name_u]/[name_u]Finley[/name_u]/[name_m]Fintan[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Colton[/name_m]
[name_m]Austin[/name_m]
[name_m]Brent[/name_m]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_m]Damian[/name_m]
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]Kendal[/name_u]

rollo