Boy Name Suggestions Needed

With only a few weeks to go we are struggling to find a boys name that we really love, can anyone help with some suggestions?
To give you an idea of the type of names we like,

[name_m]Hugh[/name_m],
[name_m]Charles[/name_m],
[name_m]Jock[/name_m],
[name_m]Angus[/name_m],
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and
[name_m]Richard[/name_m]

have been thrown around quite a lot but for various reasons we can’t settle on anything. [name_m]Jock[/name_m] was a hot favourite but we thought it is more of a nickname than a name, we do love the strong Scottish names, his middle name would most likely be [name_m]William[/name_m].
We would love to hear some suggestions :confused:

If its a girl -
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] :slight_smile:

First off, I would strongly advise against [name_m]Jock[/name_m] for various and obvious reasons. [name_m]Jock[/name_m] strap? Not a good namesake!

You may enjoy:
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_m]Ciar[/name_m]án
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Cillian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_m]Eamon[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m]

You can’t go wrong with [name_m]William[/name_m] in the middle. Such a strong classic! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you find something you love. :slight_smile:

You probably have thought of this but just in case, since [name_m]Jock[/name_m] is the Scottish nickname of [name_m]John[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m]…both of those names would work and you could call him [name_m]Jock[/name_m] as a nickname. Also the Irish form of [name_m]John[/name_m] is [name_m]Ian[/name_m]. And the Scottish spelling is [name_m]Iain[/name_m]. Used to be a hot name on our list but too short with our last name.

We are considering [name_m]Declan[/name_m], [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_m]Brendan[/name_m] and [name_m]Brecken[/name_m] if any of those appeal to you.

I love [name_m]Angus[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] <3

What about Fergus William?

Or include Jock, and make it Fergus William Jock / Fergus William Jack / Fergus William John?

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Liam[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], or [name_m]Arlan[/name_m]?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] I love Scottish names too and one of the best is [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. I love it. It is popular in Australia but it seems nowhere else. I would use it in a heartbeat.

Here is an idea combos for [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Harris[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] (a strong Scottish name)

or if you like [name_m]Grant[/name_m]

[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]

or

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Jamieson[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Angus[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Nate[/name_m] or [name_m]Johnny[/name_m]) [name_m]Richard[/name_m]

or 3 name combos

[name_m]Alister[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Loch[/name_m]

I love [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] that is a stunning name!

All the best and I hope you go for [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m].

rollo

I definitely think FN should be something not ending in the same sound as [name_m]William[/name_m] if you know what I mean…
I was going to suggest [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] but [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] sounds a bit too rhymey to me.

I like something like [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] or [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]?

You might like:
[name_m]Brock[/name_m]
[name_m]Brick[/name_m]
[name_m]Branch[/name_m]?
[name_m]Birch[/name_m]?
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_m]Breccan[/name_m] - [name_m]Breck[/name_m]
[name_m]Joffrey[/name_m] - Joff (it’s a great name, but an evil character on Game of Thrones)
[name_m]Geoffrey[/name_m]/[name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m] - nn [name_m]Jep[/name_m]
[name_m]Roger[/name_m] - nn [name_m]Dodge[/name_m], [name_m]Hodge[/name_m] or [name_m]Rogue[/name_m]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m] - nn Dob, [name_m]Hob[/name_m] or [name_m]Hobbes[/name_m]
[name_m]Ramsay[/name_m]/[name_m]Ramsey[/name_m] (another evil Game of Thrones character though)
[name_u]Calder[/name_u]
[name_m]Thane[/name_m]
[name_m]Nyle[/name_m]/[name_u]Niall[/name_u]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]
[name_m]Ruskin[/name_m] - [name_m]Rusk[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] - [name_m]Huck[/name_m]?

[name_m]Trip[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Bolton[/name_m]
[name_m]Fane[/name_m]
[name_m]Garren[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_u]Logan[/name_u]

What about [name_m]Digby[/name_m]? That is my 3rd child’s name and I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] it. I think [name_m]Jock[/name_m] is fantastic as well!

Wow thank you for all the replies :slight_smile: So great to hear all your suggestions!
Liking [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], [name_m]Archer[/name_m], [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and still like [name_m]Jock[/name_m], I don’t think there is such a stigma attached to it in Australia as other places seem to have. Still really undecided though so if you have anymore suggestions I’d love to hear them!
The hard part is finding a traditional name that isn’t already well used by others, I’m tarting to wonder if we’ll ever settle on something we are happy with, I never knew this could be so hard :confused:

I’m from [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] n [name_m]Jock[/name_m] itch is a well known name for the fungal infection in the nether region…I think u need to ask more aussies