Boy names- Missing the mark 🎯

Hey loves :ribbon:
Pls give me names that I wouldn’t have heard before, I’m desperate at this point :sweat_smile: Any suggestions would be great, but the more unique the better as I’ve heard most names xx

I’ve done similar posts before so sorry about that but
I’ve been really struggling with boy names, I have one boy name and that’s it. I would love a backup boy name/second name to have but ugh it’s difficult :melting_face:

I want to avoid word names (though I’m still open to them) and “T” names as I already have 2 of those. The problem is half of my favourite names are word names and “T” names :sweat_smile:
I tend to like boy names with “eye” sounds (Eli,Levi,Shiloh) idk y

I tend to take a long time to find names. I find a nickname I like (Ten,Ari,Tige,Teddy,Ro,Rue,
Art,Kai,Bear,Blue,Beau,Pip) and then search high and low for a name that I love with such nicknames. It’s how I’ve found all my names so far but it does take forever :hourglass_flowing_sand: For example I only just added a second girl name this year, I had been looking for years lol

Anyway here’s some names that missed the mark :dart: :

[name_u]Eli[/name_u]- I like it but don’t love it, mainly bc it has no nicknames other than [name_f]El[/name_f]. It also sounds incomplete when I say it. I was thinking of double barrelling it Eli-Wolf, Eli-Blue but I’m not crazy about double barrel names. I was also thinking of using the middle as the nickname:
[name_u]Eli[/name_u] Theodore= [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] but again I’m not sold on it. I’ve looked at every long version of “Eli” and you’ve gave me suggestions:

Summary

[name_u]Elijah[/name_u]

[name_u]Eliah[/name_u]

[name_u]Elias[/name_u]

[name_m]Elian[/name_m]

[name_m]Eliezer[/name_m]

Eliason

[name_m]Elio[/name_m]

Eliwood

Elizondo

Eliseon

Eliades

Eliron

Elisai

Elizeus

Elianus

Elido

[name_m]Elikai[/name_m]

[name_m]Eliel[/name_m]

Eliezel

Elieston

Elizon

Elieon

Elibion

Eliben

Eliander

Eliro

Eliby

Elieman

Eliter

Elithe

[name_m]Elizeo[/name_m]

Elikin

[name_u]Elison[/name_u]

[name_u]Elisha[/name_u]

[name_u]Eliot[/name_u]

[name_u]Ellington[/name_u]

Ellerbe

[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]

[name_u]Elisha[/name_u]

[name_m]Eliakim[/name_m]

[name_m]Eliezer[/name_m]

[name_m]Eliab[/name_m]

[name_m]Elior[/name_m]

[name_m]Elian[/name_m]

[name_f]Elidi[/name_f]

Eliphaz

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]

[name_m]Eliseo[/name_m]

[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]

[name_m]Eleazar[/name_m]

[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]

[name_m]Elio[/name_m]

[name_m]Eliam[/name_m]

The only ones that caught my eye was [name_m]Elikai[/name_m] (don’t love the sound) and [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m] (too similar to Eliza)

Levi-Already in the family however I haven’t seen them in nearly a decade. Again no nicknames i like, Lee,Vi etc. I tried to do the same as I did with “Eli”, Double barrelling it and using the middle name, but nothing stood out. I also tried to find (you guys gave me) names of long versions of [name_u]Levi[/name_u]:

Summary

[name_u]Leviathan[/name_u]

[name_m]Leviticus[/name_m]

[name_m]Levon[/name_m]

Leverette

Levington

Ten-This I really like but I’m not crazy about naming my child after a number, and it’s a little short for my taste. I really liked [name_u]Tennessee[/name_u] for a while but it doesn’t go with my other names and I’m not crazy about the place. I also looked (you guys gave me) longer versions:

Summary

Tensley

[name_f]Tenley[/name_f]

[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]

[name_m]Triston[/name_m]

[name_m]Trenton[/name_m]

[name_m]Torben[/name_m]

[name_m]Terrence[/name_m]

[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]

[name_u]Tenzin[/name_u]

[name_u]Prince[/name_u]- [name_u]Prince[/name_u] used to be my *1 :1st_place_medal: along with [name_u]Reign[/name_u] but then I fell out of love. I’m trying to force myself to love them again but I don’t think I can

TIA x

1 Like

A full name option for “Ten” could be Tanden. For “Levi”, Levinson.

I wouldn’t put [name_u]Prince[/name_u] or [name_u]Reign[/name_u] back on the list, too many celebrity connections.

The most unusual boy names I’ve heard of are Madz, Vox, [name_u]Zan[/name_u] & [name_f]Zee[/name_f]

1 Like

Cairo/Kairo/Kyro with [name_u]Kai[/name_u] for short!

For [name_u]Eli[/name_u]- [name_m]Aurelio[/name_m] could be the full name

For [name_u]Levi[/name_u]- This would be very Biblical, but [name_m]Leviticus[/name_m] could work as a full name

For Ten- [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]. It’s like [name_u]Tennessee[/name_u] but not the same as the state!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] these help!

1 Like

[name_m]Astrophel[/name_m] (Ari, [name_m]Astro[/name_m], Aster)
[name_m]Everard[/name_m] (Rad, [name_u]Ever[/name_u], [name_m]Ed[/name_m], Teddy)
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m] (Teddy, [name_m]Ned[/name_m], [name_m]Ion[/name_m], Ender)
Elysium/Elysian (Eli?)
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] (Zar, [name_m]Lars[/name_m], [name_u]Beau[/name_u], Bear)
[name_m]Zebedee[/name_m] (Zeb, [name_u]Eddie[/name_u], [name_f]Dee[/name_f], Zee)
[name_m]Ozias[/name_m] (Ozzie)
[name_m]Patten[/name_m] (Ten, [name_u]Pat[/name_u], Pan)
[name_m]Zebulon[/name_m] (Zeb, [name_u]Lonnie[/name_u], Zee)
[name_m]Azarius[/name_m] (Ry, [name_u]Ari[/name_u], Zar, Ara)
[name_m]Artan[/name_m] (Art, Tan)
[name_m]Malachite[/name_m] (Kai, [name_m]Lachie[/name_m], Mac)

1 Like

I’ll suggest one- it’s my second sons middle name but I had a chat about it today with a secretary who was shocked she’d met another boy with that name so it’s on my mind.

It’s [name_u]Calder[/name_u]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] dropping it here as I don’t frequently see it on forums and you could maybe get “Rocky” from it for its name meaning.

Good luck!

1 Like

I looooove unusual bou name’s, so here are some from my list:

Aero/Eero
Aleron
Ariston
[name_m]Arvo[/name_m]
[name_u]Beacon[/name_u]
[name_m]Branok[/name_m]
[name_m]Branigan[/name_m]
[name_m]Cedro[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyprian[/name_m]
Erem
Eridian
[name_m]Ezio[/name_m]
[name_m]Faolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Garion[/name_m]
[name_m]Garo[/name_m]
[name_m]Halloran[/name_m]
[name_m]Havelock[/name_m]
[name_m]Henning[/name_m]
[name_m]Iver[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m]
[name_m]Kyen[/name_m]
[name_m]Loic[/name_m]
Lunan
Oax
Ore
[name_m]Osier[/name_m]
Rivien
[name_m]Rhodri[/name_m]
[name_u]Valo[/name_u]
[name_m]Zadok[/name_m]
[name_m]Zale[/name_m]
[name_m]Zavion[/name_m]
[name_m]Ziven[/name_m]

Hopefully one of those strikes your fancy or helps you get closer to the name!

1 Like