Boy names to honor Grandma...

So I’d like to honor my mom with one of our son’s middle names. Her name is [name_f]Belinda[/name_f].
So far I’ve come up with:
[name_u]Bell[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]

What do you guys think about these names? [name_f]Do[/name_f] they count as honor names?
Any other ideas?

[name_f]TIA[/name_f]! :blush:

I like [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_u]Linden[/name_u].

[name_f]Elin[/name_f] or [name_m]Berlin[/name_m] would also work.

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]! I think it’s perfect! [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_u]Linden[/name_u] would be awesome! I also like the suggestion of [name_m]Berlin[/name_m], I can totally see it working.

I think [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] or [name_u]Linden[/name_u] work great. [name_u]Linden[/name_u] us my favorite but they’re both handsome.

I love [name_u]Linden[/name_u]!! [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] is also very great :slight_smile:

If the intention is to honor your grandma, then it’s an honor name. You have great choices with [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_u]Linden[/name_u]!

I love [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] - I would suggest [name_u]Beau[/name_u] since [name_f]Belinda[/name_f] comes from [name_f]Bella[/name_f] which means beautiful - also has connection to serpent/snake

Beaumont
Eder - means beautiful in Basque language
Callistus
[name_m]Phinehas[/name_m]

[name_u]Linden[/name_u] or her surname would be my choice. I think of [name_f]Belinda[/name_f] as a [name_f]Linda[/name_f] name rather than a [name_u]Bell[/name_u] name, so while the connection with [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] is there, I think [name_u]Linden[/name_u] is more obvious.

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_u]Linden[/name_u] sound like perfect ways to honor a [name_f]Belinda[/name_f]. I especially love [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], I think its uncommon but familiar and it’s so handsome and sweet.
[name_u]Linden[/name_u] is really nice too, though!

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_u]Linden[/name_u] are both great choices! I think it’ll just come down to what you like best with your fn pick.

Thanks everyone for your input! Unfortunately, DH has vetoed [name_u]Linden[/name_u] because it is his cousin’s first name (even though he goes by his middle).
Too bad because I wasn’t actually starting to really like it.

What kind of boy/man do you think of when you hear [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]? Does it sound too country/southern?

I don’t think [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] is too country. It does feel a little southern, but in the Frenchy southern way which seems very appealing to me. I think of someone who is charming and adventurous. Interesting [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] gives me a similar vibe to names like [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and Devereau. Very dashing.

They all work as honor names for [name_f]Belinda[/name_f], but I actually think [name_u]Bell[/name_u] is the most intuitive. In the middle it reads surname-ish to me, as in [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Bell[/name_u], and I feel like it would be easy to make a lot of beautiful combos with it.

I love [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] for a boy, second pick would be [name_u]Linden[/name_u]. They work well as honor names [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

I think of a [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] as a natural leader. Protective, a bit tough but also has a soft side. I can see him as being really active with sports or hiking or just anything outdoorsy. I don’t think it sounds very country/southern at all. There’s a character in a tv show called the 100 and so to me the name has a more modern feel.

I would choose [name_u]Linden[/name_u] if it was for my child. I like [name_u]Linden[/name_u] and [name_u]Bell[/name_u], as well as [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u],is not my style

I love [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]!!! I think any of these names would work well as an honor name.

My favorite is [name_u]Linden[/name_u].

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] is a great choice (as is [name_u]Linden[/name_u], but it sounds like that’s not an option).
Some more ideas:

Belin - a surname and place name
Belinus - the name of a legendary 4th century king of the Britons
Belenus (or Belenos, Belinus, [name_m]Beli[/name_m], [name_f]Bel[/name_f]) - the name of a Celtic sun god
Bellini - a surname derived from the Italian bello, which is possibly the same word the ‘bel’ part of [name_f]Belinda[/name_f] is derived from. There is a famous family of painters with this surname. Bellino, another form of the word, might work too.

some basic references if you want to do more research:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bellino

Good luck!