Boys list- please help!

Hey guys,
My husband and I are stuck on a girls name, so we’ve decided to change gears. We really need, and will greatly appreciate, your feedback.
Here is our very rough list:

[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Bradley[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name]”
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]”
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]”
[name]Nicholas[/name]”
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name]
[name]William[/name]

Our last name is [name]Gardner[/name].
Thanks,
[name]Ashley[/name]

Honestly, you really can’t go wrong - these are all great names. Most of my favorites appeared here, actually!

[name]Alexander[/name]: I’d probably stay away from this (even though I love it) just because [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Gardner[/name] have almost the same ending.
[name]Benjamin[/name]: My son’s name (who’s due in [name]January[/name])! I love it, despite its popularity.
[name]Bradley[/name]: Some people say this one’s dated, but I don’t think it really matters. I’d probably still use this name, to be honest.
[name]Christopher[/name]: Again, the similar ending to [name]Gardner[/name] would bother me.
[name]Ethan[/name]: Very, very popular right now.
[name]Gregory[/name]: I think the alliteration of [name]Gregory[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] would be really sweet.
[name]Harrison[/name]: If you’re thinking of [name]Harry[/name], I’d probably use this as the full name instead of just [name]Harry[/name], which seems like a nickname to me (maybe because it’s our cat’s name, lol).
[name]Jacob[/name]: So very popular, but it’s definitely a great name. Personally, I’d wait on this one. He’d be one of many, many Jacobs.
[name]James[/name]: Always a perfect name. This is a safe but solid choice.
[name]Jonathan[/name]: Same as [name]James[/name], I think. I secretly like [name]Jonathan[/name] a bit more.
[name]Joshua[/name]: I have really bad associations with this name, so it’s all I can think of. But [name]Josh[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] sounds nice.
[name]Josiah[/name]: Not my favorite, but nothing wrong with it.
[name]Lucas[/name]: I really love it. I think it’s rising in popularity though.
[name]Maxwell[/name]: I’ve never been a fan of this name, but I do love [name]Max[/name]. It’s really the safest way to get to [name]Max[/name] if you need a longer name, though.
[name]Nicholas[/name]: One of my favorite names. It’s pretty popular but I can’t help but think it’s great. [name]Nick[/name] is a really strong nickname, I think.
[name]Theodore[/name]: I love it! I wish my partner would have let me use it. It has a great meaning and really cute nickname options (I love [name]Theo[/name]).
[name]Thomas[/name]: All-around great name, very underused. The nickname [name]Tommy[/name] is so cute!
[name]Timothy[/name]: Same as above, but I prefer [name]Thomas[/name].
[name]William[/name]: Good, solid name, but very common (I know more [name]Williams[/name] than any other name, I think).

My favorites are [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Jonathan[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]. I think [name]Theodore[/name] kind of stands out in that list since it’s the most uncommon, but I don’t think it sounds amazing with your last name.

Good luck! Are you looking for suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback!

You bring up a good point with names like [name]Alexander[/name], and [name]Christopher[/name] with our last name. I guess those are off the list.

We’d love more feedback!

[name]Ashley[/name]

Nice list. I agree about the er ending names. I like [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Bradley[/name], [name]Gregory[/name], [name]Harry[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Jonathan[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]William[/name]. I don’t like [name]Harrison[/name] (or any other name ending in -son) but [name]Harry[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] is lovely! The others are ok. My pick would be [name]Thomas[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] - very handsome!

Anyone else?

Ok here are my faves from your list…I starred my top faves within the list. As someone else said you can’t go wrong with any of these.

[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] **
[name]Henry[/name] **
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] **
[name]Theodore[/name] **
[name]Timothy[/name]

If I were to give you my favorite complete names I would say:
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] Gardnder
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Gardner[/name]

Thanks to everyone who responded!

We’ve made so much progress these last few days. In fact, we’ve narrowed it down to three combinations that we absolutely love.

[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]

[name]Timothy[/name], [name]Montgomery[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Rowe[/name] are family names. Again, our last name is [name]Gardner[/name].

We plan on having a lot of kids - around 5 or 6 - so we’ll probably end up using all three. We may be over thinking it, but which one sounds like the oldest? The youngest?
Which one do you prefer? Why?

Please help us,
[name]Ashley[/name]