boys names are difficult!

[name]Hi[/name]! You may have seen my post on the girls’ section. I have no idea what my style is with names and I am struggling to put them together to form such lovely names like you people on here seem to have! So I am begging for some help with mine… they’re all a little jumbled :wink:

[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] (I love it…just wouldn’t be brave enough to use it)
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] ([name]Love[/name], but don’t like [name]Pete[/name])
[name]Theo[/name]… just [name]Theo[/name], not [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Alfie[/name] (But can’t bring myself to name my child [name]Alfred[/name]. Also can’t just but [name]Alfie[/name] on the birth certificate…but of a dilemma)
[name]Matthew[/name] (My brother’s name so would definitely use in as a mn)
[name]Benedict[/name] (bit of a guilty pleasure name, would he get teased?)
[name]Luke[/name] ([name]Lucas[/name]?)
[name]Freddie[/name] (Couldn’t put it on the birth certificate, but I am not yet loving [name]Frederick[/name]. Can someone help me love [name]Frederick[/name]?)

Thanks so much, everyone. :slight_smile:
x

I love your style in names. I definently wouldnt say you dont have a style. Your list to me says old fashioned vintage with a splash of quirkiness. It is very similar to the boys name I like.

[name]Oscar[/name]- This is really growing me on plus I love the cool nn [name]Oz[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]- You cant go wrong with this one. It is a vintage name with wide appeal and most people you meet will like it.
[name]Milo[/name] (I love it…just wouldn’t be brave enough to use it)- I like [name]Milo[/name] to, but like you I probably would use it (maybe on a pet though). [name]How[/name] about [name]Miles[/name]?
[name]George[/name]- I love [name]George[/name], so cool.
[name]Henry[/name]- Great name but getting popular, dont know if you mind.
[name]Raphael[/name]- I still think of teenage mutant ninja turtles when I hear this. It was my favorite show as a kid and I still cant get past that association. It is a nice name though.
[name]Peter[/name] ([name]Love[/name], but don’t like [name]Pete[/name])- I dont think [name]Peter[/name] would automatically be shortened to [name]Pete[/name].
[name]Theo[/name]… just [name]Theo[/name], not [name]Theodore[/name]- I prefer just [name]Theo[/name] too. But I do like the [name]German[/name] spelling [name]Theodor[/name], the extra e has always seemed strange to me.
[name]Edward[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one. I actually love all [name]Ed[/name] names, they are just so regal.
[name]Harry[/name]- I like [name]Harrison[/name], but not [name]Harry[/name].
[name]Alfie[/name]- Cute nn but needs a full name, I think it needs a full name and [name]Alfred[/name] is not my style.
[name]Matthew[/name]- I like the idea of honoring your brother.
[name]Benedict[/name]- With pope [name]Benedict[/name] I wouldnt see a child getting teased. Plus the nn [name]Ben[/name] is a bonus.
[name]Luke[/name] ([name]Lucas[/name]?)- [name]Luke[/name] rhymes with puke and [name]Lucas[/name] sounds like mucus, that is all I can think of when I hear these names, which is too bad because they are nice classical names.
[name]Freddie[/name]- [name]Frederick[/name] is lovely! Come on, who doesnt love [name]Frederick[/name], it is so sophisticated and handsome sounding. [name]Frederick[/name] is the name of a well educated scholar, and [name]Freddie[/name] is an adorable little freckle faced boy. You cant go wrong with this one!

Your list has some really great names on it. My top picks would be:
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Fredrick[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Peter[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! I love your list! I think you have a great style of a mix of classic and vintage names. :slight_smile:

[name]Oscar[/name]: I think it’s a cool name…

[name]Oliver[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]!!!

[name]Milo[/name] (I love it…just wouldn’t be brave enough to use it): I love [name]Milo[/name], too! You may also like [name]Miles[/name], [name]Leo[/name], or [name]Theodore[/name], nn [name]Theo[/name].

[name]George[/name]: I think it’s really handsome…

[name]Henry[/name]: [name]Henry[/name] is my favorite name! :slight_smile:

[name]Raphael[/name]: I think it’s so handsome!

[name]Peter[/name] ([name]Love[/name], but don’t like [name]Pete[/name]): I love [name]Peter[/name], too, and for what it’s worth, the Peters I know are called [name]Peter[/name], not [name]Pete[/name].

[name]Theo[/name]… just [name]Theo[/name], not [name]Theodore[/name]: I think it’s handsome…

[name]Edward[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Edward[/name]!!!

[name]Harry[/name]: I think it’s a great name…I’m just personally more of a [name]Henry[/name] person. :slight_smile:

[name]Alfie[/name] (But can’t bring myself to name my child [name]Alfred[/name]. Also can’t just but [name]Alfie[/name] on the birth certificate…but of a dilemma): I think it’s a sweet name…

[name]Matthew[/name] (My brother’s name so would definitely use in as a mn): I think it’s handsome…

[name]Benedict[/name] (bit of a guilty pleasure name, would he get teased?): I can’t help but think of [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Arnold[/name] or Eggs [name]Benedict[/name], but I can see the appeal. (You could always use it in the middle if you’re worried about teasing…)

[name]Luke[/name] ([name]Lucas[/name]?): I think that [name]Luke[/name] is very handome. :slight_smile:

[name]Freddie[/name] (Couldn’t put it on the birth certificate, but I am not yet loving [name]Frederick[/name]. Can someone help me love [name]Frederick[/name]?): I love [name]Frederick[/name], nn [name]Freddie[/name]! I don’t know if I can help you love [name]Frederick[/name], but I personally love it because:

1. I love classic names!
  2. I think it’s very handsome and distinguished, yet to me, it also works on a little boy.
  3. I know a very cool [name]Frederick[/name] who is handsome, friendly, kind, athletic, and brilliant.
  4. [name]Even[/name] though it’s a classic, it also has a vintage feel to me, which I love. :slight_smile:
  5. I think [name]Frederick[/name] is sophisticated, but down-to-earth at the same time.

I can’t remember if you’re looking for more names, but in case you are, you may also like (or really hate) :slight_smile: :

[name]Arthur[/name] (nn [name]Art[/name] or [name]Artie[/name], which reminds me of [name]Alfie[/name])
[name]Albert[/name] (nn [name]Albie[/name], which reminds me of [name]Alfie[/name])
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Bryon[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] (contains some of [name]Alfie[/name]'s sounds…)
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name] (nn [name]Leo[/name])
[name]Leopold[/name] (nn [name]Leo[/name])
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] (feels romantic to me like [name]Raphael[/name])
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]William[/name]

Biblical names that remind me of [name]Raphael[/name]:

[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Abner[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Emmanuel[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]

I really love your list! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Oscar[/name] - love
[name]Oliver[/name] - love
[name]Milo[/name] (I love it…just wouldn’t be brave enough to use it) - this is a great name, but I prefer some of your other choices. You’ve got some names on this list that I’m wild about such as [name]Peter[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], and [name]Henry[/name]. Oh, and I love [name]Edward[/name], too.
[name]George[/name] - I love [name]George[/name] in the middle as long as it sounds great with your last name.
[name]Henry[/name] - love
[name]Raphael[/name] - love
[name]Peter[/name] ([name]Love[/name], but don’t like [name]Pete[/name]) - My son is named [name]Peter[/name]. He is not a [name]Pete[/name].
[name]Theo[/name]… just [name]Theo[/name], not [name]Theodore[/name] - Oooo, I love [name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name]. Sorry to be contrary!
[name]Edward[/name] - fabulous
[name]Harry[/name] - love [name]Henry[/name] nn [name]Harry[/name] more.
[name]Alfie[/name] (But can’t bring myself to name my child [name]Alfred[/name]. Also can’t just but [name]Alfie[/name] on the birth certificate…but of a dilemma) - I think [name]Alfred[/name] nn [name]Alfie[/name] or [name]Freddie[/name] is super cool.
[name]Matthew[/name] (My brother’s name so would definitely use in as a mn) - love as a mn.
[name]Benedict[/name] (bit of a guilty pleasure name, would he get teased?) - He could be a [name]Ben[/name] for short.
[name]Luke[/name] ([name]Lucas[/name]?) - I used to love this name, but I am getting tired of it.
[name]Freddie[/name] (Couldn’t put it on the birth certificate, but I am not yet loving [name]Frederick[/name]. Can someone help me love [name]Frederick[/name]?) - I just love [name]Frederick[/name].

Maybe you would love [name]Nathaniel[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it as a first or a mn.

[name]Benedict[/name] [name]Freddy[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]

Thanks so much, everyone. :slight_smile: - You are very welcome.

[name]Oscar[/name] - meh, it’s alright
[name]Oliver[/name] - love! Classic and always in style
[name]Milo[/name] (I love it…just wouldn’t be brave enough to use it) - [name]Love[/name] this name too and it’s on my list as well; but I do worry about the name in the future. I think it’s absolutely great for a little boy, but I don’t know how it would sound on an adult. BUT now that I keep repeating it in my head…I think it’ll totally work!!!
[name]George[/name] - very classic and masculine name :slight_smile:
[name]Henry[/name] - I used to hate this name, but lately it’s really growing on me and I actually really like it! Another great classic name that really will never go out of style
[name]Raphael[/name] - meh
[name]Peter[/name] ([name]Love[/name], but don’t like [name]Pete[/name]) - [name]Don[/name]'t think it would automatically be shortened to [name]Pete[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]… just [name]Theo[/name], not [name]Theodore[/name] - Agree that just [name]Theo[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] - nice and classic, but personally not my favourite
[name]Harry[/name] - I was never a fan of this name
[name]Alfie[/name] (But can’t bring myself to name my child [name]Alfred[/name]. Also can’t just but [name]Alfie[/name] on the birth certificate…but of a dilemma) - yeah no [name]Alfred[/name], but how about [name]Alfie[/name] as a mn.
[name]Matthew[/name] (My brother’s name so would definitely use in as a mn) - :slight_smile:
[name]Benedict[/name] (bit of a guilty pleasure name, would he get teased?) - I kinda like it. Not trendy at all. He’d probably be the only [name]Benedict[/name], but totally has [name]Ben[/name] to fall back on, which is a great nn
[name]Luke[/name] ([name]Lucas[/name]?) - One of my all time faves!
[name]Freddie[/name] (Couldn’t put it on the birth certificate, but I am not yet loving [name]Frederick[/name]. Can someone help me love [name]Frederick[/name]?) - hmmm, I really like [name]Frederick[/name], you can try the [name]German[/name] spelling and pronounciation [name]Friedrich[/name] “freed-rick” (like in Sound of [name]Music[/name]).

Here’s a few I think are nice:
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]George[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]George[/name]/[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Theo[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Alfie[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name] [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Freddie[/name] ([name]Frederick[/name]) [name]Oliver[/name]

Great name choices! Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Oscar[/name]- All I can think of is [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Meyer[/name] weiners. Sorry.

[name]Oliver[/name]- Extremely cute name. Getting popular, though.

[name]Milo[/name]- Like the suggestion of [name]Miles[/name].

[name]George[/name]- Definitely back in style.

[name]Henry[/name]- My favortie name!

[name]Raphael[/name]- Eh. Be sure you like the nn [name]Raffy[/name] because that’s what he’ll be called!

[name]Peter[/name]- I’ve always liked [name]Peter[/name], too. I don’t think [name]Pete[/name] is a given. Go for it.

[name]Theo[/name]- Cute little name. Would age well.

[name]Edward[/name]- There is the Twilight thing to think about. But still a nice name.

[name]Harry[/name]- [name]Potter[/name]. The one and only accepted [name]Harry[/name] of the early twenty-first century. I can’t picture it on anyone else.

[name]Alfie[/name]- You need a longer full name.

[name]Matthew[/name]- [name]Will[/name] make a great middle name.

[name]Benedict[/name]- Most people would probably call him [name]Ben[/name]. It’d be fine.

[name]Luke[/name] ([name]Lucas[/name]?)- [name]Love[/name] this name!!

[name]Freddie[/name]- I agree! I don’t like [name]Frederick[/name]. I know a Fredreon. [name]How[/name] do you like that?

[name]Peter[/name] is a beautiful name and you could emphasize that his name is not [name]Pete[/name] or Pe, it is [name]Peter[/name].

I love [name]Frederick[/name] because my dad, who loves poetry, use to read me the [name]Leo[/name] [name]Lionni[/name] book by that name about a mouse named [name]Frederick[/name] who collects words and images (instead of food like the practical mice) but then he is able to use them to create poems and stories which sustainst the community of mice during the long, dark winter. What a great message about the value of literature.

[name]Oscar[/name]- cool, vintage.
[name]Oliver[/name]- love it!
[name]Milo[/name]- very cute
[name]George[/name]- It still sounds old man to me, but would work in the middle.
[name]Henry[/name]-[name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]- okay, dislike Raphy
[name]Peter[/name]- [name]Lovely[/name]. It may take a lot of effort to avoid [name]Pete[/name].
[name]Theo[/name]- I adore [name]Theodore[/name]. I really prefer [name]Theo[/name] as a nickname but I think you could use it on it’s own.
[name]Edward[/name]- I really dislike [name]Eddie[/name], but [name]Edward[/name] is fine
[name]Harry[/name]- I like it best for the [name]Prince[/name] and [name]Potter[/name], with anyone else all I think of is hairy. I do think [name]Harrison[/name] is nice.
[name]Alfie[/name]- I have the same misgivings as you do. I think you could use a name beginning with [name]Al[/name] and a middle name beginning with Fi or [name]Fe[/name] to get the [name]Alfie[/name] nickname. [name]Alistair[/name] [name]Fergus[/name], [name]Alec[/name] [name]Finton[/name], [name]Albert[/name] [name]Finley[/name] etc.
[name]Matthew[/name]- handsome classic
[name]Benedict[/name]- It makes me think of [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Arnold[/name], eggs and monks. Despite that I think it’s a handsome name. I don’t think it would be a problem because he will most likely be called [name]Ben[/name]. It definitely works as a middle name. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Beckett[/name] or [name]Bennett[/name]?
[name]Luke[/name] - Handsome and strong
[name]Freddie[/name]- I prefer this as a nickname only.

possible combinations-
[name]Theo[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Luke[/name] [name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Luke[/name] [name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Luke[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Theo[/name] [name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Theo[/name]
[name]Luke[/name] [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Benedict[/name]

I like the name [name]Alfie[/name] - it could be a nickname for [name]Alfonzo[/name]

You have fabulous taste in names, I adore most of them.

I feel the same way about [name]Alfred[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name]… though I just swoon over a little [name]Alfie[/name] or [name]Freddie[/name].

Personally, I prefer [name]Frederick[/name]. However the bonus with [name]Alfred[/name] is that you can get to both [name]Alfie[/name] and [name]Freddie[/name] nicknames.