Boys Names for Girls

Boys names on girls could be cute nicknames for long, feminine names, or male names by themselves. I, personally, like boys names on girls, so here’s my list!
[ul]

[/ul]

Despite my love of boys names on girls, I’d probably only use my favorite, [name]Shiloh[/name], on my future daughter, although [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Ashton[/name], [name]Teddy[/name], [name]Bertie[/name], [name]Frankie[/name], [name]Georgie[/name], [name]Emerson[/name], [name]Mason[/name], [name]Carter[/name], [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Spencer[/name], and [name]Carson[/name] also score big points with me.

What do you think? Did I leave out anything? Which would you consider using?

To be honest I hate boys names on girls… I think they are called boys name for a very good reason! However, I do not have a problem with people using them as nicknames for long girls names. But then it’s your kid so you should name them what ever you want… I had issues with this when naming my son… People kept telling me I was giving him a girls name - Our list was [name]Sidney[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Francis[/name], [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Harvey[/name], [name]Rupert[/name] and [name]Warren[/name] - all names I consider to be boy territory only! So I wouldn’t use any of your list except maybe as a nickname for an obviously feminine name. Sorry! [name]Rachel[/name]

[name]Sawyer[/name] – Not a big fan, personally. I do sort of like it on a boy, but I’m just not a big fan of the name itself.
[name]Shiloh[/name] – Okay; I do really think that [name]Shiloh[/name] is cute on a boy, but all I can see is the Brangelina child, haha. Still cute on either gender, though.
[name]Noah[/name] – What about [name]Noa[/name]? They’re completely different names, but said the same way and with a good flair to it. That’s just me, though.
[name]Freddie[/name] ([name]Frederica[/name]) – Aw, I love this! So cute. <33 A little Fred or Freddie, named Fredericka or Frederica, is so cute! ^^
Frankie (Francesca) – Love, love, love this! So darling.
Bertie (Beatrice/Beatrix.) – I think this is really, really cute. I love it as a nickname.
Flynn – I’m guilty of using this one on a girl character! xD It does feel rather unisex to me, actually.
Georgie (Georgiana) – Georgie for Georgiana is gorgeous. Really love that!
Carter – I’m not a big fan; I dislike it on a boy or a girl, haha.
Carson – Hm… see Carter.
Alex (Alexandria) – Not a huge fan of Alex or Alexandria, but it’s all right.
Jo or Joey (Josephine) – Love this! My friend is named Johanna and they called her Jojo/JoJo or Jo and suchlike. Really darling.
Jameson – Nmsaa, sorry.
Emerson – The only reason I object to Emerson is merely for the fact that it has ‘-son’ for the ending and, I think, means something like ‘son of Emer’.
Ellison – I see this as rather unisex. Elli… yup. Not sure I’m a big fan, but it can certainly work for a boy or a girl.
Eliot – I really, really like Eliot and all variations on a boy. xD I think it’s lovely. I can very easily see a little girl Eliot, though!
Mason – Not sure I like it on a boy or a girl.
Spencer – Reminds me of Spencer Pratt, if I’m to be honest… :confused:
Quincy – I can’t see Quincy as anything but a boy’s name, especially because of the character in Bram Stoker’s Dracula, but I do think it could work for a little girl anyways.
Dylan – I like it mostly because of Drew Barrymore’s character from ‘Charlie’s Angels’, tehe.
Cameron – Don’t like it on either gender…
Madigan – Never seen this one before! It feels like Madison, but without the ‘-son’… not sure on this one.
Scout – I find Scout adorable. I think it’ll work for any gender, but I see a little girl.
Hudson – I do think of Jennifer Hudson, but again the ‘-son’ is getting me… :confused:
Monroe – LOVE this! I like it on a boy or a girl. ^^
Seth – Nms.
Arden – I like Arden, but I prefer Arwen for a girl, haha.
Max (Maxine) – I like Maxine quite fairly, but I’m not a big fan of Max on a girl.
Ashton – Nms, but I love Ashley on a boy.
Vinnie (Lavinia) – I positively ADORE Lavinia, but I’m not really liking Vinnie too much. I like the nickname Vi a lot, though, and it’s sort of unisex?
Teddy (Theodora) – I think that’s a really cute idea! I’m not a big fan of Theodora, but I really, really love Theodosia!

My Suggestions:

Theodosia (Theo)
Johanna (Jo, Jojo, Joey)
Morgan (variatons could be Morgana, Morgause, Morwenna, so on!)
Ainsley
Ariel
Ash
Averill
Bernadette (Bertie)
Bronte
Braith
Dana
Dusty
Florence
Hadley
Hollis
Idiana
Indigo
Izzy (Isidora, Isadora, Iseabeau, Isabelle/Isabel, Isabella, etc.)
Jocelyn
Jools/ Jules (Juliet/Juliette)
Justice
Laverne
Meredith
Ocean
Reagan
September
Sparrow.

[name]Just[/name] a COUPLE thoughts…

I respect people who say “keep the boy names for the boys” (even if a very large contingent of our society has tossed that overboard)… however, I’m not sure about the mom above who suggested “[name]Francis[/name]” as exclusively male domain. The female variant is typically [name]Frances[/name], but one still thinks of [name]Frances[/name] McDormand or [name]Frances[/name] the Badger!

As for the list, well, the name [name]Mason[/name] bothers me to no end, being named [name]Nathan[/name] and having people hear “[name]Mason[/name]” over the phone. this is usually AFTER I’ve said “[name]Nate[/name]” twice and having them hear [name]Matt[/name], [name]Nick[/name], [name]Newt[/name] or even “Mate.” (Yes, my parents named me Mate to encourage females to do this and produce grandchildren. what are they thinking?) so [name]Mason[/name] bugs me but just my 2 cents. If there’s any justice, the Masons out there (which are vastly outnumbered by us) are mistaken for Nathans… lol

I flirted w/ the notion of naming a girl [name]Darwin[/name] (singer Dar [name]Williams[/name]… maybe [name]Winnie[/name] as nn…) but everyone was so universally down on it I decided it’d be a little too nutty. I also decided to pretty much not reveal any names we REALLY like ot friends or family. lol

I love love love unisex names. Its because I love [name]Finley[/name] (!!) and [name]Riley[/name] (!!) and searched for matches. I found [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Sky[/name], [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Taylor[/name], and a whole lot more very attractive to use on my future baby’s. I, however, have gotten much critics on forums so im thinking on changing them to middle spot.

I am a fan of nicknames but not for my kids.

I think its silly to put boundaries on names, at last now a days anyway, of course you come across names that just dont work ([name]Lily[/name] and [name]Amanda[/name] for boys? [name]Gerard[/name] and [name]Richard[/name] for girls?) if you love a name, go for it! I think its great when you give a girl a more “masculine” first name paired with a beautifully feminine mn. (Eg [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Finley[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Kyle[/name] [name]Marie[/name]…)
GREAT “unisex” names

[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Kelly[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name]
[name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Landen[/name]
[name]Franky[/name] ([name]Francis[/name]/es)
[name]Penn[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Sloan[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Jamie[/name] (so beautiful if for a girl you spell it [name]Jaime[/name], like french I love you)
[name]Rory[/name]

(J’aime means I love, Je t’aime means I love you, but still cute and a loveley meaning!)