Boys names for girls?

I am just wondering. I’m not planning to have kids for a long time :joy:
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite boys names for girls are [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_u]Cody[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_u]Connor[/name_u]! What about you?

I have liked [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] for a girl for a while now and recently have been liking [name_u]Logan[/name_u] too.

A lot of the masculine names I like on girls are considered Unisex nowadays anyway.

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Bay[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] + [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] for girls names

I like [name_u]Dylan[/name_u]! Nice choice

I’ve always had a bit of a name crush on [name_u]Finley[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] for girls. Also love [name_u]Blake[/name_u] Lively’s daughter’s name [name_u]James[/name_u] but I don’t think I’d be brave enough to actually use any of these IRL!!

I like [name_u]Reese[/name_u] on both genders but since it’s solidly unisex I’m not sure if it counts?

I’ve fallen in love with [name_u]George[/name_u] on a girl. I never liked this name, but my celeb couple crush ([name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and [name_f]Hilarie[/name_f] [name_m]Burton[/name_m]) named their daughter [name_u]George[/name_u] and it has grown on me, big time!

A few others that I like:
[name_u]Bradley[/name_u]
[name_u]Joey[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Sam[/name_u] (not [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], just [name_u]Sam[/name_u] :blush:)

Jasper and [name_u]Everett[/name_u]

I think [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] is cute for a girl but I don’t like any of its longer forms unfortunately. I also like [name_u]Forest[/name_u] as a middle name. There’s no reason it should be branded as masculine when it’s a nature name…

I love [name_u]Evan[/name_u] on a girl, and would be one I consider using. I don’t like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] though and I typically like long frilly girl names with edgey boy nicknames for girls

Andy
[name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Jamie[/name_u]

Elliot is another good one that comes with the nickname [name_f]Ellie[/name_f].

@midwinter I think [name_u]Reese[/name_u] is nice. The more masculine spelling would be [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] probably. I think [name_u]Reese[/name_u] is also a pretty new name for a girl.

1 Like

Most of these are considered unisex, but here are some of my faves:

Adair
[name_u]Adley[/name_u]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_u]Amory[/name_u]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Arrow[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_u]Autry[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_u]Kestrel[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_u]Larkin[/name_u]
[name_u]Meridian[/name_u]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_u]Navy[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Paxton[/name_u]
[name_u]Quill[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinlan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_u]Ripley[/name_u]
[name_u]Rivers[/name_u]
[name_u]Roux[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]

Sorry, but definitely NO. I prefer feminine names for little girls and masculine name for boys. It is a difficult enough world out there without causing confusion to the little ones. there are enough gender neutral new names without always taking from the established boys names.

1 Like

That’s fair @Asherose

I HATE this trend with a burning hell passion. Using boy names on girls is trashy, cruel and unthoughtful. [name_m]Just[/name_m] imagine how awful it would be if she turned out to be a girly girl. PLEASE, just use a feminine name with a tomboy nickname, like [name_u]Willow[/name_u]/Billie or [name_f]Ariana[/name_f]/Ari.

Hmm [name_u]Evan[/name_u], [name_u]Rory[/name_u] or [name_u]Drew[/name_u].

Hello! I am just going to say first, I totally respect your opinion and everyone has different tastes in names! :grin: I think that sure, there are some cruel stereotypes on girls with names like [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_u]Kyle[/name_u], [name_u]Carson[/name_u] etc. Buuuuut… I think that the name you have usually does not and will never relate to what type of person you are on the inside! You can be named [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and you are born with female parts but you are actually a guy and your name totally doesn’t suit you at first glance. Or you could be named [name_u]James[/name_u] and you were born female and your name suits your personality perfectly! but again I get where you are coming from and I have several friends who would agree :wink:

2 Likes

Dylan, [name_u]James[/name_u], and [name_m]Konnor[/name_m] are growing on me.

I feel like a lot of the ones I like are already used for either gender now, though. ([name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u])

I really love [name_u]Remy[/name_u] (it’s my dad’s name, but I like it better on a girl).