Boys Names - Unique. Any thoughts?

Found out our baby arriving in [name]August[/name] is a boy, and trying to start our name list. My name is [name]Talia[/name], and we are looking for a unique name. Last name and husband’s name are traditional (last name is a brand of soup). I would like to stay away from super popular names, but want something where he won’t get made fun of too :slight_smile:

I don’t have much as far as names goes so far, so any help you can provide is APPRECIATED!

Let me know your thoughts on these, and what other ideas you have - - thanks in advance!

Possibilites:
Mazama (means mountain)
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] (husband loves, I HATE it :slight_smile:

Possibilites:
Mazama (means mountain) I need to think about this one.
[name]Hudson[/name] - love this!
[name]Sullivan[/name] - love this too!
[name]Declan[/name] - if you hate it, it’s a bad idea to use it. But I really love the name [name]Declan[/name]. Why don’t you name your cell phone [name]Declan[/name] for a few days and see if you start liking that name?

I actually really like [name]Declan[/name] and if your soup surname is what I think it is then I think that these names go really well together!

xxx

I love love love [name]Hudson[/name]! Strong and goes great with your last name (I think)… I like it so much I might mention it to DH!

I also like [name]Sullivan[/name] if you are okay with [name]Sully[/name] as a nn (I think its a great nn)! I also love [name]Declan[/name] but if you don’t love it, its not right.

Here are a few more to ponder…

[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name])
[name]Rhett[/name]
[name]Weston[/name] or just [name]West[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
Senter (I went to HS with one, cool name)
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Carlin[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Lochlan[/name] nn [name]Locke[/name]
[name]Brock[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] (love!)
Adler
[name]Forrest[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name] ([name]Love[/name]!)
[name]Rowan[/name]

Congratulations on your baby boy!!!

I like [name]Hudson[/name]
What about [name]Lawson[/name],[name]Conway[/name] or [name]Beckett[/name]

Mazama (means mountain): I’m sorry, but I don’t care for Mazama, and I don’t think it works with your last name. :frowning:

[name]Hudson[/name]: I think this name is cool, but it’s becoming very popular (and very quickly)!

[name]Sullivan[/name]: I think [name]Sullivan[/name] (insert soup name here) is awesome! :slight_smile:

[name]Declan[/name] (husband loves, I HATE it :): You hate it, so definitely don’t use it!

I love the suggestions of [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name] (and so many more, but I can’t recall them now)!

Some more:
[name]Augustin[/name] (especially with him being an [name]August[/name] baby)
[name]August[/name]
[name]Aurelius[/name] (nn [name]Eli[/name] or [name]Ray[/name])
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Bryon[/name]
[name]Clifton[/name]
[name]Clayton[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Ewan[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Noam[/name] (no-ahm–it’s Hebrew)
[name]Paxton[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Simeon[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Ulysses[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Zebedee[/name]

Good luck,[name]Talia[/name]!

A few more:

[name]Gulliver[/name]
[name]Tolliver[/name]
[name]Macaulay[/name]
[name]Nickelby[/name]

Another thought…If you can’t use [name]Declan[/name], what about [name]Dexter[/name] or [name]Lachlan[/name]?

When I first read your post my immediate thought was “ooo! use [name]August[/name]!”
[name]Jill[/name] beat me to the post thought :wink:

I think [name]Dexter[/name] is an amazing substitute for [name]Declan[/name] (but I really like [name]Declan[/name] :slight_smile: )
and it could be a great bargain for the two of you (if you like it, of course)

Mazama I’m not really a fan of. If there’s a significance and you love it, I say “go for it” but its really not my cup of tea.

Of what has been suggested already, I like:
[name]Westin[/name] (or [name]Wesley[/name]) ([name]LOVE[/name]!)
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]August[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name]!)
[name]Harrison[/name] (unless that’s too [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Ford[/name] for you)
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Macauley[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] but there’s also [name]Macauley[/name] Culkin if that’s too much Home Alone)

And my additions are:
[name]Felix[/name] (although, its #379 in popularity…not TOO popular)
[name]Alton[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Beauregard[/name] (nn [name]Bo[/name]/[name]Beau[/name])
[name]Beckham[/name]
[name]Bowen[/name] (if you like [name]Rowan[/name] and don’t want to be too popular)
[name]Boyd[/name]
[name]Breckin[/name]
[name]Callaghan[/name] (nn [name]Cal[/name])
[name]Deveraux[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name]!)
[name]Devlin[/name] (I know a little [name]Devlin[/name]…just the cutest little thing!)
[name]Ephraim[/name]/[name]Efrain[/name]
[name]Farley[/name]
[name]Jethro[/name] (nn [name]Jett[/name])
[name]Laird[/name]
[name]Lyndon[/name]
[name]Oakley[/name]
[name]Patterson[/name]
[name]Pepin[/name] (one of my good friends has this name and he loves how different it is, because its a conversation piece)
[name]Sealey[/name]
[name]Thackeray[/name]
[name]Wiley[/name]

OOPS…

Forgot to comment on [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Sullivan[/name].

I really do like both of these names. I lean more towards [name]Hudson[/name], but there were people in my high school with [name]Sullivan[/name] as a last name and I can’t get that picture out of my head. I do agree that [name]Hudson[/name] is gaining popularity… but I don’t think it’ll skyrocket anytime soon. You may be safe for awhile.

If your last name is mmm mmm good, then I think [name]Declan[/name] pairs with it perfectly. I love that one of the possible meanings is “full of goodness.” But if you really hate it, then don’t do it.
I’m not sure how I feel about Mazama…
[name]Sullivan[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name] would both be good with your LN. I don’t love “[name]Sully[/name]” as a nickname either though. [name]Hudson[/name] is a nice strong name.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Ewan[/name]? [name]Tiernan[/name]? [name]Quinn[/name]?

Good luck!

Thanks for all your help everyone…i am sure we will be thinking for a while, and I will post an updated list to get more suggestions from later :slight_smile:

…or [name]Deacon[/name]

I second the notion of [name]Archer[/name]! I am also fond of the Welsh name [name]Owain[/name] - and the original spelling of [name]Tolliver[/name], pronounced the same way, is “Taliaferro” which would be lovely - named after you! :slight_smile: