boys to go with Josephine

See the results of this poll: best name with Josephine

Respondents: 33 (This poll is closed)

• Damian: 2 (6%)
  • Dominic: 16 (48%)
  • Rowan: 6 (18%)
  • Tavish: 0 (0%)
  • Vincent: 9 (27%)

I voted for [name]Vincent[/name] before I noticed that your last name starts with a “T”. [name]Vincent[/name] Tillery isn’t a great name combo because the “t” at the end of [name]Vincent[/name] jars with the “T” at the beginning of your last name.
What about [name]Donovan[/name] Tillery?
[name]Dominic[/name] Tillery is pretty good, but there are three short “i” syllables in a row which kind of bothers me:
[name]DomInIc[/name] TIllery - do you see and hear all those short “i” sounds?
I have a bias toward [name]Damian[/name] because it sounds too much like demon. But lots of people like [name]Damian[/name] and it does go well with your last name.
[name]Rowan[/name] is so unisex now. But [name]Rowan[/name] Tillery sounds very handsome. Also love [name]Roman[/name] Tillery.
[name]Tavish[/name] Tillery is too sing-song, I think.
If you have a boy, you could name him [name]Joseph[/name] Tillery - very, very handsome. Then think of something other than [name]Josephine[/name] for your daughter if you ever have one.

Thanks for your thoughts [name]Susan[/name]. We’re pretty set on [name]Josephine[/name], my dad’s name is [name]Joseph[/name] and we want a name that honors him but isn’t exactly the same (I will be disappointed if I never have a girl though). You’re right about [name]Rowan[/name] being so unisex, I had always thought of it as a male only name, but I just did some research and see that there’s lots of girls being named [name]Rowan[/name]. I definitely want unequivocally male and female names. I guess [name]Rowan[/name]'s out, even though I do really like it with our last name. I see what you’re saying about the sounds in [name]Dominic[/name] and [name]Vincent[/name] with the last name, but I still really like the names don’t think it really bothers me (and I’m a speech therapist who spends a lot of time listening to sounds!). I’ll have to ponder it some more. Thanks again.

I voted for [name]Dominic[/name] but I also love the suggestion of [name]Donovan[/name]!

I second [name]Dominic[/name] or [name]Donovan[/name]. I love these names with [name]Josephine[/name] and I think they sound great with your alst name. Good luck with ttc!

I would pick [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Reid[/name] of those, but when I looked at this, the name that instantly popped in my head to fit with [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Mae[/name] was…

[name]EZRA[/name] [name]WILLIAM[/name]

I just think it is cool, vintage, and utterly perfect with a sister named [name]Josephine[/name].

I think [name]Ian[/name] would be nice with [name]Josephine[/name]

also

[name]Euan[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Paul[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]/[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]

I adore the name [name]Tristan[/name], but it’s my dog’s name. I got the dog long before meeting my husband and it’s a jokingly sore point with him because he says that he always wanted to name his son [name]Tristan[/name]. Of course I wasn’t thinking that when I named the dog…

[name]Dominic[/name] Tillery sounds great.

Have you considered [name]Roman[/name]? Similar to [name]Rowan[/name] but more masculine.