Brainstorming girl names

We just found out that we are having a little girl! We are very excited. Our son’s name is [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] (both honor names).

We were wanting some feedback on our current top three contenders.

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Laureline[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] are names of grandmothers and we like the idea of using them, though we are flexible with inspired/related names, like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is my favorite by far but if you wanted to incorporate both [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] you could also use [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]/[name_f]Melrose[/name_f]/Maerose as middle names.
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is pretty as well
Maevery/Maeven are also inspired by [name_f]Mae[/name_f] : )

1 Like

I love all three! Curious how you are pronouncing [name_f]Laureline[/name_f]—sorta like “[name_f]Laura[/name_f]-lynn”? I have Laurelin on my own list so obviously I’m a fan :slight_smile:

With [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], I think [name_f]Freya[/name_f] or [name_f]Serena[/name_f] might go best, though. I would also anticipate that [name_f]Laureline[/name_f] would have her name misspelled/mispronounced more often. But it’s really lovely.

Another vote for [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]!

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is definitely my favorite of your choices, followed by [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. I love the simple, distinct, and pretty sound of [name_f]Freya[/name_f]. I also really like how it flows with [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Serena[/name_f] fits really well as a sister for [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], too. [name_f]Laureline[/name_f] is quite pretty but I think it would present some spelling/pronunciation challenges (not a problem if you love it, of course!). Adding to @EmaleeAnna’s idea about using a combination of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] for a middle name, you could also do this for a first name. I especially love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]!

1 Like

I love all of these so much, especially [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Laureline[/name_f]! [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a middle name is pretty, but in my opinion, the least unique on your list? You seem to like Irish names so maybe something like [name_f]Rosaleen[/name_f]? [name_m]Just[/name_m] an idea, because all of these names are exquisite

I adore [name_f]Freya[/name_f] so [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] gets my vote. I’d prefer [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] though or even [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - actually, I really love that! [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] gets my second vote. Congratulations!

Another vote for [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! Sounds great with brother’s name :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Freya[/name_f] works the best with brother [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], so [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] gets my vote! That being said, I feel like it would sound even nicer with a longer middle if you are open to that, e.g. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

Hello, @CraftyMezzo! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry!
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is such a sweet and beautiful name! :heart: [name_f]Serena[/name_f] is on the top of my list for a girl. I love it! [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] :rose:would be gorgeous too. Or even [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]. I adore @EmaleeAnna’s idea to combine [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] in the middle name spot.
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] sound lovely next to [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. For me, the decision is between those two amazing names.

Good luck!

I love [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]! [name_f]Serena[/name_f] is gorgeous, and a lifelong favorite. [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is perfect, and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] are so cute together!

I also love [name_f]Freya[/name_f], but am not a huge [name_f]Rose[/name_f] person, so for that reason I prefer [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f].

Good luck!

I’ve never understood the hype around [name_f]Freya[/name_f], and [name_f]Laureline[/name_f] seems ambiguous in terms of spelling/pronunciation. [name_f]Serena[/name_f], on the other hand, is very pretty, straightforward, and slightly uncommon–a great match for [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]! [name_f]Serena[/name_f] would definitely be my pick.

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is simple and lovely and fits so well with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is charming and lovely too.

I adore [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. It’s simple and sweet. [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is also nice! I don’t hate [name_f]Laureline[/name_f]. It’s interesting, but it’s not my style, personally. I think it’d be frequently misspelled or mispronounced and I prefer more straightforward names.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Laureline[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], beautiful!

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] are both beautiful. I don’t think you could go wrong with either of those.

I really like [name_f]Laureline[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and I think it goes well with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]! Though I would use [name_f]Mae[/name_f] with [name_f]Laureline[/name_f], because (at least the way I pronounce it) [name_f]Laureline[/name_f] sounds like [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] with an -n, and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is pronounced [name_f]Mae[/name_f] with a -v, so I think it’d be best if one of the names did not have the extra ending consonant sound.