Bram & ... Hugo?

We have a [name_m]Bram[/name_m], and he seems to be getting a brother very soon so it’s sort of a scramble for a name. [name_m]Bram[/name_m] is just [name_m]Bram[/name_m], nothing else; we love simplicity. We think that we’re set on [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. Other names we like are [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], [name_u]Florian[/name_u], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] but these all feel a bit pompous next to [name_m]Bram[/name_m].
What do you think about [name_m]Bram[/name_m] & [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer any of the other names with [name_m]Bram[/name_m]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have other ideas?

Much thanks!

3 Likes

[name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] are a stylistically perfect match, imo. I personally prefer [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], and [name_u]Florian[/name_u], but I think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is the perfect fit.

2 Likes

I think [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] work perfectly together! Of your other names, I think [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] also work really well with [name_m]Bram[/name_m]. And while I like them as names, I agree that [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], and [name_u]Florian[/name_u] all feel a bit more dramatic next to the friendly and down-to-earth [name_m]Bram[/name_m].

A few other ideas could be [name_u]Leo[/name_u], [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_u]Tobin[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], or [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. But I really think you have a winner with [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], it matches so well!

2 Likes

[name_m]Bram[/name_m] is one of my absolute favourite boys names! I also love [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. DH said no to both sadly.
I think [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] work really well together. Honestly, no notes, excellent pairing.

Potentially since we have similar taste in boys names you might also like:
[name_m]Nye[/name_m]
[name_u]Niall[/name_u]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
Oren/Oran
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]

But also I do think [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] are fantastic as a pair.

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] Bram!!

[name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] are perfect - [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is a wonderful name - simple but sparky!!

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Bram[/name_m]! [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] goes with it nicely as does [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]. The others I agree are a little more over the top.

2 Likes

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is perfect for y’all!! A lovely, bookish, international and humble pick. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think they’re absolutely perfect together! Both a little stodgy and a little current, super cozy and super light. 🪿🧣

I also love that they’re both major (yet so subtle) literary connections (I’m thinking of [name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Stoker[/name_m] here)! That makes these names just click for me. I love them as bookish brothers.

4 Likes

What about just [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]?

1 Like

[name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] go together very nicely! I think [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] also go really well.

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], but [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is fine. I also like [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Keir[/name_m] or [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_u]Elm[/name_u].

I think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] goes perfectly with [name_m]Bram[/name_m] - both intelligent, worldly but also fun names. I really like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] anyway! Otherwise [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]. It also has the blue and brown tones of [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m].

1 Like

Congratulations on your second boy!

I love [name_m]Bram[/name_m] he’s gorgeous and popular in the Jewish community so feels very familiar to me and I think I would be more inclined to go with [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] or [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] just because [name_m]Bram[/name_m] + Gideon/Tobias feel like a very natural fit. Probably because they are both relatively popular within my community. I also find [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] works rather well as they both feel peaceful. But I am in agreement that [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] + [name_u]Florian[/name_u] feel a little ‘pompous’ next to quiet understated [name_m]Bram[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] as a side note I do love both [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] + Florian!!

However obviously you’re asking about Hugo’s compatibility with [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and I think they make a smashing pair. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is gorgeous! He is outdoorsy, distinguished, elegant and has an international flair that appeals to me. I think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is wonderful. I also love that [name_m]Bram[/name_m] + [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] are both four letters it’s a subtle tie between the brothers but it’s sweet. Honestly completely sold on this pairing.

Good luck

1 Like

Your style is so up my street! I love all your suggestions but honestly? You cannot go wrong with [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. They are absolute perfection together! Please go for it!!

1 Like

I think they fit great!! And leave plenty of room for future sibs :blush:
From your list, I like [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]. I’ll also suggest [name_m]Otto[/name_m] :white_heart:

1 Like

I LOVE [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. You have a great list, but I think of all the names [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] goes the best with [name_m]Bram[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] are utterly wonderful together! I think [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] are a perfect pairing too. All of these names feel cosy and cuddly but distinguished and maybe even a little dark too.

Names like [name_u]Joss[/name_u], [name_m]Ivo[/name_m], [name_m]Oskar[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_u]Fenn[/name_u], [name_u]Rafe[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], [name_u]Arthur[/name_u], Torin/Tor spring to mind too, but [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] or [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] are wonderful.

1 Like

[name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] are great. I do like [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] also.

1 Like

aww congrats on the upcoming new addition! i think bram and hugo are adorable together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: simple yet unique! i totally get what you mean about the other names feeling a bit fancy next to bram, but out of the others, i personally like jasper and tobias the most. how about maybe owen or miles? :hugs:

1 Like

Sounds great!

1 Like