Brangelina is #4 on Iowa's DoH List for 2009

The annual list of popular baby names released by the State Department of Health for Iowa was a surprise this week for those who had been awaiting it. It was announced that the name “Brangelina” is in 4th place for most popular baby girl’s name in the state of Iowa for the year 2009.

Health Department officials are at a loss to explain Brangelina’s popularity. Two women who had given birth to infant girls last year and named them Brangelina were questioned as to the reason why they chose that name. The first replied that she had “heard it somewhere and liked it.” The second insisted that she had named her baby after a member of her family.

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Oh my gosh, those poor babies! Any one who meets them will know roughly when they were born, and that their names were taken straight from the tabloid headlines. [name]Just[/name] awful.

[name]Alexis[/name]

Is this an [name]April[/name] Fool’s Joke? I live in Iowa! Please tell me this is not true!

Whatttt? Please tell me this is a joke!

…I think I shall go vomit right now…

Okay! I’m back! But I am certainly not feeling better about this. [name]April[/name] Fool’s, please?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Ok, if this is an [name]April[/name]'s Fool’s joke, it is absolutely brilliant! Esp. the woman claiming it was a family name . . .

I second this! :slight_smile:

I second this! :)[/quote]
I “third” this!

[name]April[/name] Fool! :slight_smile:

– [name]Nephele[/name] (runs and hides now, before someone smacks her upside the head with a copy of Beyond [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Aidan[/name])

Good one, [name]Nephele[/name]! I had a funny feeling…

Haha!!! Nephie, that was a good one! You’re the best! :slight_smile:

Very funny, [name]Nephele[/name]! You picked a great horrible name - Brangelina (!!!) – for a Perfect [name]April[/name] Fool’s joke!

Hahaha that’s brilliant [name]Nephele[/name], you fooled me!

• [name]Elena[/name] :slight_smile:

Ahhh! I totally fell for it! :slight_smile:

I am so relieved you were just kidding! I’m terrible at remembering that it’s “[name]April[/name] Fool’s [name]Day[/name]”; to me it’s just always been my Mom’s birthday, and that’s a way bigger deal. :wink:

[name]Alexis[/name]