Brangelina names... Love/hate and why?

I’d like to hear your thoughts on [name]Brad[/name] and Angelinas choice of babynames and share mine.

[name]Maddox[/name] - is like mad ducks, freakin me out. Weren’t docks some popular shoes in the 90’s?

[name]Pax[/name] - Tampax (the tampon brand) is all I can think about.

[name]Zahara[/name] - just don’t really have the best associations with deserts. [name]Savannah[/name] is much better.

[name]Shiloh[/name] - liking it but not so sure if works on a girl… No, it does.

[name]Nouvel[/name] - pretty but wouldn’t work in Denmark but it’s pretty in English.

[name]Vivienne[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] it! Almost wanted that for my daughter but I found an equivalent, a better one.

[name]Marcheline[/name] - oh no, trashy? It’s too [name]Chanel[/name]-ish. Also it reminds me of the Marchelin man. [name]Do[/name] u know him?

[name]Knox[/name] - sounds like a fat bully who knocks it out.

[name]Leon[/name] - I like [name]Leon[/name] but it’s very [name]MAN[/name] and not boy.

By the way why is it only their biological kids who have middle names? Or do they?

Waiting for ur answers!

[name]Hi[/name]!

It’s actually not only their biological children who have middle names - they all do…

[name]Maddox[/name] Chivan [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - I like this combination, but, for me, [name]Maddox[/name] is difficult to say. Is it MAD-dox or MAH-dux? Chivan is cool, but it sort of reminds me of chiffon. Overall, a cool combination, though…

[name]Zahara[/name] [name]Marley[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - I actually like [name]Zahara[/name]. It is not quite pronounced like the [name]Sahara[/name] Desert; instead, [name]Zahara[/name] is zuh-HAHR-uh. I like the Z nickname, too, and it seems to fit her. [name]Marley[/name] is a bit unisex or pet-like for my taste, and it isn’t as unusual as [name]Zahara[/name]‘s siblings’ names. Overall, nice name!

[name]Pax[/name] Thien [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - I like [name]Pax[/name] for its meaning, but it doesn’t really feel strong enough or complete enough. I like this combination, but I don’t know how to pronounce Thien.

[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Nouvel[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - I think this is very sweet! It isn’t my style at all, but the name seems to fit the child, as it is sweet and gentle yet playful - and unisex. [name]Nouvel[/name] has a pretty meaning, I believe, and I like the sound of the name as a whole.

[name]Knox[/name] [name]Leon[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - [name]Knox[/name] has strength and masculinity, which I like. I think this combination is very handsome, too! It seems slightly abrupt, but overall I think it is nice…

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Marcheline[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - I’m not a huge [name]Vivienne[/name] fan, and this names feels very much more dressed-up than those of her siblings. However, it is certainly an elegant, feminine combination! [name]Marcheline[/name] being in honor of [name]Angelina[/name]'s mother is very nice, and it doesn’t remind me of the Michelin man at all…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Maddox[/name] Chivan [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - I really love [name]Maddox[/name], I think it’s stylish and masculine without being run-of-the-mill. Chivan I like as well, but I think it is too femme.

[name]Zahara[/name] [name]Marley[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - I love Z names, I’m just afraid to use them! I think [name]Zara[/name] is a great name, without the witchy connotations so many Z names have. I love the meaning as well- Shining flower. [name]Marley[/name] I hate, I didn’t like it before the dog and the sweet story didn’t change things for me.

[name]Pax[/name] Thien [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - I love [name]Pax[/name] as a nn, but not as a name. Thien I would trade for [name]Theron[/name].

[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Nouvel[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - I love it, I would never use it, but it hits all the bright spots in my books.

[name]Knox[/name] [name]Leon[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - I don’t like this, I hear, “It’s a hard knock life for us!” and [name]Leon[/name] just doesn’t do anything for me, it use to be nerdy, but with the blow up of the band it’s gotten more rock’n’roll, but I think a lengthier choice would have been more appropriate. [name]Leonis[/name], [name]Leonine[/name], [name]Linus[/name] ect.

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Marcheline[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] - I love the name [name]Vivi[/name] and I think [name]Marcheline[/name] was a great way to include the family ties!

[name]Knox[/name] [name]Leon[/name] is by far my favorite of their childrens names.

[name]Maddox[/name] is mad ox pushed together
isn’t [name]Pax[/name] original a vietnam girls name?
I like [name]Zahara[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name] is too cutesy for me (I know a girl named that)
not a fan of [name]Vivienne[/name]
I love [name]Knox[/name]

:slight_smile:

I think it’s a little obnoxiously trendy that the boy’s names all end with x.

[name]Shiloh[/name] is a dog’s name to me. It’s also the site of a famous battle, so I’m a little at a loss as to what associations they wanted with this name.

I would prefer [name]Zara[/name] to [name]Zahara[/name].

I like [name]Vivienne[/name].

I’m not a fan of [name]Shiloh[/name], but I like how they got the name for her. [name]Angelina[/name] used the name [name]Shiloh[/name] for when she stayed in hotels and different things. And I think [name]Nouvel[/name] is absolutely gorgeous!

I don’t like [name]Maddox[/name]. It’s too harsh for me.

[name]Pax[/name] is okay.

For some reason, I think [name]Knox[/name] is so cool!

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Marcheline[/name] is a very pretty name. [name]Marcheline[/name] is honoring [name]Angelina[/name]'s mother and I think that is very sweet.

And [name]Zahara[/name] is just eh, okay. I’m not too fond of it.

I love [name]Angelina[/name] and [name]Brad[/name] - and the entire [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] crew for that matter! :slight_smile:

Marcheleine is not trashy. she was named after her grandmother, Angelinas mother who died.