Breakthrough with DH!

Some may know that we’re TTC and talking about names, we have our top girl names and can’t agree on boy names. We had a breakthrough last night. Names that he likes from my original list:

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name]/[name]Alisdair[/name] (don’t like the nns though)
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]

The two girl names we’ve picked are [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name]/[name]Willamina[/name]-haven’t decided on traditional spelling or anglicized spelling. I prefer the [name]German[/name] (we have a [name]German[/name] last name) but DH wants the anglicized version for her sake, which I understand.

Anyway… can you comment and possibly choose a favorite from my boy list? [name]TIA[/name]!

Congrats! My favorites with [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name] are [name]Dominic[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name].

I love [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Alistair[/name]! [name]Dominic[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] are nice choices as well, but [name]Tobias[/name] is not really my thing.

[name]Atticus[/name] - Really cool. But if you’re worried about nicknames, what would his be?
[name]Dominic[/name] -I love this name! Nn [name]Nick[/name]? [name]Dom[/name]? I prefer it in full. I think it’s impossibly handsome :slight_smile:
[name]Alistair[/name]/[name]Alisdair[/name] (don’t like the nns though) - hmm, maybe Dare as a nn? It’s quite daring! I love these names to.
[name]Tobias[/name] - I love the nn [name]Toby[/name], don’t love [name]Tobias[/name] as much but it’s growing on me. But I really [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Toby[/name] so much!
[name]Alexander[/name]-well [name]Alexander[/name] is a great name, too! Of course you realize that it’s a lot more common than your other names. It’s actually the only one I’ve ever encountered in real life, and I’ve known a lot of them. What nn would you use?

It’s so hard to choose, I like them all for different reasons. If you didn’t use nicknames, I would choose [name]Alisdair[/name] and [name]Dominic[/name] for sure. [name]Dominic[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] could go by [name]Nick[/name] and [name]Alex[/name]… Wait a second, you could call [name]Alistair[/name] “[name]Alex[/name]”! Why not?

With nicknames, I love [name]Toby[/name] so much that I would name him [name]Tobias[/name] just to have [name]Toby[/name]!
My faves:
[name]Tobias[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name] nn [name]Nick[/name]
[name]Alisdair[/name] nn [name]Alex[/name]

I think ALL of your names are perfect with [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] (whatever spelling). And I totally get both of your points of view on [name]Willamina[/name] vs [name]Wilhelmina[/name]. Good luck deciding! For what it’s worth, I think [name]Wilhelmina[/name] looks prettier and has the advantage of being the “correct” spelling, but I think [name]Willamina[/name] would be easier to live with since [name]Wilhelmina[/name] is not a common name and many will pronounce the “hel” part. But then again, does it matter?