Breakthrough (XP)

Some may know that we’re TTC and talking about names, we have our top girl names and can’t agree on boy names. We had a breakthrough last night. Names that he likes from my original list:

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name]/[name]Alisdair[/name] (don’t like the nns though)
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]

The two girl names we’ve picked are [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name]/[name]Willamina[/name]-haven’t decided on traditional spelling or anglicized spelling. I prefer the [name]German[/name] (we have a [name]German[/name] last name) but DH wants the anglicized version for her sake, which I understand.

Anyway… can you comment and possibly choose a favorite from my boy list? [name]TIA[/name]!

[name]Dominic[/name] is my favorite from your boys list. I have a nephew named [name]Dominic[/name] so I might be biased but I think the name is great. It is strong, handsome and interesting. Also, he is the only [name]Dominic[/name] in his grade which is always nice. He has a very Italian last name so all together the name sounds very nice. [name]Dominic[/name] is still very international though and could work with a lot of different last names ([name]Dominik[/name] is the [name]German[/name] spelling btw, but I still prefer the original).

[name]Penelope[/name] and Wilhemina are both very nice as well.

With [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name]/[name]Willamina[/name] (I think both spellings are equally nice, btw) my favorite name is [name]Tobias[/name]. It has the same strong, vintage feel and it is a lovely underused name. I think [name]Toby[/name] is adorable as well.

[name]Atticus[/name] - this name seems to have become the poster child for “hipster-name-turned-popular” it went from being a little used “hipster” name to being a fast climber (it jumped 76 spots last year). It’s not popular yet, but it’s become one of those names that suddenly beginning to pop up everywhere (celeb babies especially). It’s a nice name, but I fear it will become trendy.

[name]Dominic[/name] - a wonderful classic name. I can definitely see a [name]Dominic[/name] having a sister named [name]Penelope[/name], if you ever used both. I love the nicknames ([name]Dom[/name], [name]Nic[/name], [name]Nico[/name]).

[name]Alistair[/name]/[name]Alisdair[/name] (don’t like the nns though) - I’m not a huge fan of this name. I don’t love the nicknames either ([name]Ali[/name]? Dare?). I prefer something like [name]Alec[/name].

[name]Tobias[/name] - see above. I love this name! It’s my favorite on your list.

[name]Alexander[/name] - a great classic, but a sadly it’s quite popular. I couldn’t see this name being paired with [name]Penelope[/name] or [name]Willamina[/name] b/c those two are just much less popular and more vintage sounding.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

THANK YOU! You hit the nail on the head with your comments. They are pretty much exactly how I feel. DH loves [name]Alexander[/name] but it’s too popular for me, also doesn’t mesh well with the girls. But [name]Tobias[/name] ([name]Toby[/name]) and [name]Dominic[/name] ([name]Dom[/name]) are the top two contenders in my head. Whew.

Hey!! I love [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name] (also, love this spelling - I don’t think she will have too much trouble if it isn’t anglicized, but that is my opinion only), and I think that [name]Alexander[/name] goes perfectly with both; it’s a timeless classic and translates into many languages so it goes perfectly with the more offbeat and exotic [name]Wilhelmina[/name], but still has so much history (and same Greek roots) as [name]Penelope[/name]. I also love [name]Atticus[/name], but think [name]Alexander[/name] goes better with the girls names.

Of your boys list I like [name]Dominic[/name] ([name]Dom[/name] or [name]Nic[/name]) the best, with [name]Alistair[/name] & [name]Atticus[/name] tying for 2nd place.

For your girls list I love both, I don’t think you can go wrong!

[name]Isabel[/name]

[name]Alasdair[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] are beautiful! [name]Alasdair[/name] is my favourite form of [name]Alexander[/name], please go for this!!

I have to go with [name]Dominic[/name]. I have 4 boys and named my 3rd son [name]Dominic[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]. [name]Dominic[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] is a nice choice.

I have to go with [name]Dominic[/name]. I have 4 boys and named my 3rd son [name]Dominic[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]. [name]Dominic[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] is a nice choice.[/quote]

Oooh maybe I can get DH to go along with [name]Dominic[/name] if we use [name]Dominic[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]. I like it! It’s also kind of a nod to my maternal family’s surname ([name]Dominguez[/name]) :] He’d be

[name]Dominic[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Grey[/name] ______

how do we like that ^ with:

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Cambria[/name] [name]Belle[/name] &
[name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Dominic[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Grey[/name] is very handome! I love it.