Brexen or Breksen?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!
I really like the name pronounced ‘Breck-sen’ with the nickname of [name_u]Rex[/name_u], but i’m unsure of how to spell it. I used to be fully set on spelling it Brexen, because I feel that it makes more sense for the nickname to be [name_u]Rex[/name_u], but I like the look of Breksen better.

I have heard of a YouTube family who have a son with this name, spelled Brexsen, but I just feel like it’s a bit much.

Thoughts?

I like the sound of this name too - I have a [name_u]Beck[/name_u]! I have to say, all of the spellings are a little squiggly to me. I think swapping in an O and going Breckson would be my personal favourite. I understand that this is further from the spelling of [name_u]Rex[/name_u] that you want as a nickname! However, [name_u]Rex[/name_u] still works.
Favourite to least:
Breckson
Brekson
Breksen
Brexen
Brexsen

I’m interested in what the other Berries say, as I think my familiarity with [name_u]Beck[/name_u] is what makes me prefer a C in the name!

2 Likes

I think you could get the nickname [name_u]Rex[/name_u] (which is super cool btw) with any spelling. I prefer Brexen over Breksen, but my favourite would be Brecksen or Breckson. I think it looks more familiar to me as an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaker to have a “ck” rather than just a “k” in the name. It sounds cool any way, though!

2 Likes

I think Brexen is so much better as I think Breksen looks odd

2 Likes

I prefer Brexen of the two, but I think Brexon or Breckson (which is definitely my fave spelling personally, like least like “Brexit,” which is what the other spellings are reminding me of) would be even better.

2 Likes

For what’s it’s worth also, I think [name_u]Rex[/name_u] as a nickname is totally all right regardless of spelling for Breckson!

1 Like

I prefer Breksen! [name_m]Even[/name_m] as an American Brexen reminds me of Brexit :sweat_smile: Especially if you prefer Breksen I think it’s the way to go – [name_u]Rex[/name_u] still works as a nickname regardless of how you spell it.

1 Like

I would go with Brexan/Brexen.

1 Like

I like the suggestion of Breckson!

1 Like

Hmmm- [name_u]Rex[/name_u] is a cute nickname and I think it works for any spelling!

I think Breckson spelling looks the most complete and name-like!

Good luck

1 Like

I am in agreement with the other berries. Breckson and Brexon look the most “correct” to me, and I think [name_u]Rex[/name_u] works with both. [name_u]Rex[/name_u] is a cutie nickname!

1 Like