Bria (or Briya)?

I’ve been sitting on the name [name_f]Bria[/name_f] lately and I can’t decide if it quite fits my sweet, sassy, divalicious aesthetic or not.

I have a lot of other names on my radar at the moment, but an example of what I like: [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f], [name_f]Amiyah[/name_f]/Kamiyah, [name_u]Lyric[/name_u], [name_f]Kiara[/name_f], [name_u]Dream[/name_u], [name_u]Diamond[/name_u], [name_f]Trinity[/name_f], [name_u]Paris[/name_u], [name_f]Harmoni[/name_f], [name_f]Cierra[/name_f], [name_f]Chanel[/name_f], [name_f]Brionna[/name_f], [name_f]Destiny[/name_f], [name_f]Desirae[/name_f], [name_f]Zahara[/name_f], [name_f]Kaylani[/name_f], [name_f]Noelani[/name_f], [name_u]Dior[/name_u], [name_f]Milani[/name_f], [name_u]Halo[/name_u], [name_f]Yesenia[/name_f], [name_f]Essence[/name_f], [name_u]Zuri[/name_u], [name_f]Deja[/name_f], [name_f]Star[/name_f], Normani

A) What are your thoughts on [name_f]Bria[/name_f] / Briya?
B) Which spelling do you prefer?
C) Does it fit my “divalicious” aesthetic / the other names I’m liking? (Alternatives for [name_f]Bria[/name_f] are always welcome!).

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with @katkabet! [name_f]Bria[/name_f] is so beautiful! Actually @Paigefoster just had a daughter named [name_f]Bria[/name_f] [name_u]Saige[/name_u] :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  1. I see [name_f]Bri[/name_f](y)a as a modern, updated alternative to [name_f]Bria[/name_f](n)na. :slight_smile:
  2. Bria al the way.
  3. Yes.

Hope this helps! :hugs:

1 Like
  1. It’s not my style but I think it’s a nice name. I personally prefer it as a nickname (like for [name_f]Brionna[/name_f] from your list)
  2. I prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f]. Briya makes me question the pronounciation - ([name_f]Bree[/name_f]-ah or Bry-ah)
  3. I absolutely think it fits your vibe!
1 Like
  1. I like it! One of those names that I like seeing for others but would never consider for myself

2. I prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f] or even [name_f]Brea[/name_f]

3. I’ve known 2 girls named [name_f]Bria[/name_f]/Brea and I wouldn’t describe either as “divalicious”. The one I knew the best was a little kindergartener who went to daycare with me when I was in 5th grade who was cute as a button and sweeter than honey. I’m sure a [name_f]Bria[/name_f] could be a diva though!

1 Like

A) [name_f]Bria[/name_f] is so sweet! It’s simple yet full of personality and sparkle. I really like it!
B) I much prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f] personally, but I think Briya works too!
C) I think it definitely fits in! [name_f]Brianna[/name_f]/Brielle/Briella might fit even better (?), but I see you already have [name_f]Brionna[/name_f]. I also happen to like [name_f]Bria[/name_f] better than any of the other three I suggested, so I might be biased, but I do think it works!

2 Likes
  1. I like it! I know a [name_f]Bria[/name_f] & she wears it well.
  2. Definitely prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f].
  3. Kind of fits, but I think there’s other names out there that would fit better.
1 Like
  1. It’s sweet, just not my cup of tea
  2. Bria
  3. Not really divalicious tbh, but fits in some of your other names well
1 Like

Bria is cute and bright and [name_f]Bria[/name_f] is my preferred spelling. I knew a little [name_f]Bria[/name_f] who was kind and confident so that’s the vibe it gives me. I think it fits in with your other names

1 Like
  1. I like [name_f]Bria[/name_f]! I think it’s very sweet. I know a Breea but I’m not a big fan of that spelling.
  2. Bria, it looks a lot neater and prettier to me.
  3. I think it does a little, the Briya spelling seems to fit best with your other favourites.
1 Like

I like [name_f]Bria[/name_f] fine. Briya is an ok spelling but I prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f], looks more feminine to me. It could fit your style. Maybe feels a bit heavier, but you have [name_f]Brionna[/name_f] so [name_f]Bria[/name_f] works I think!

1 Like

A) I really like the name [name_f]Bria[/name_f]! It’s sweet and not terribly common.
B) Definitely [name_f]Bria[/name_f]. Personally I dislike when names have a Y thrown in for no reason.
C) Honestly, I wouldn’t really consider [name_f]Bria[/name_f] as “divalicious” name (for example, I don’t see it fitting in with names like [name_f]Desirae[/name_f], [name_f]Yesenia[/name_f], [name_f]Essence[/name_f], Normani, etc.) but I don’t think that should limit you from using it!

2 Likes
  1. I like [name_f]Bria[/name_f], it’s not my style personally but a good name
  2. Definitely [name_f]Bria[/name_f], Briya could make the pronunciation confusing
  3. I think it fits, though I think [name_f]Brisa[/name_f] fits a little better than [name_f]Bria[/name_f]
1 Like

I love [name_f]Bria[/name_f]. I knew a [name_f]Bria[/name_f] growing up and she was beautiful and really sweet.

I personally prefer [name_f]Abria[/name_f] but I like [name_f]Bria[/name_f] more than many other [name_f]Bree[/name_f] names out there. I also love [name_u]Briar[/name_u].

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Bria[/name_f] definitely works with your other names! I actually know both a [name_f]Bria[/name_f]/Kiara sibling set and a [name_f]Brea[/name_f]/Deja sibling set (but it’s pronounced the same as [name_f]Bria[/name_f]). I definitely prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f] to Briya, the Y just feels extraneous in this case. It’s a nice name, I personally prefer [name_f]Briana[/name_f] but it’s very wearable, I think.

1 Like

A) I like [name_f]Bria[/name_f]! It’s very associated with @paigefoster to me but I think it has a nice sound.
B) I prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f]!
C) I think it fits it perfectly! The two words I would describe it with are sweet and strong, and that sums up your style too!

2 Likes

Bria is lovely! I prefer it to the spelling Briya (IMO [name_f]Bria[/name_f] is easy to know how to pronounce). I wouldn’t say [name_f]Bria[/name_f] is a “divalicious”. I think it fits more in the category of “short-modern-spunky”. I can picture a [name_f]Bria[/name_f] being a brother to a [name_u]Theo[/name_u], for example. However, it doesn’t stand up either from your list. [name_f]Bria[/name_f] & [name_u]Paris[/name_u], or [name_f]Bria[/name_f] & [name_u]Halo[/name_u], or [name_f]Bria[/name_f] & [name_u]Zuri[/name_u] sound like sisters to me.

I think [name_f]Brianna[/name_f], [name_f]Brianda[/name_f], [name_f]Briallen[/name_f], or even something like [name_f]Aubreah[/name_f], [name_f]Aubria[/name_f], Kambreah/Kambria… would be “divalicious”

It definitely fits your style! I personally prefer the Brya spelling but [name_f]Bria[/name_f] is cute as well.
Not a name I would personally choose, but it’s a sweet, spunky name.

A) I love [name_f]Bria[/name_f]. I think it’s sweet, but has a little bit of sass to it, too. It would definitely be on our list if it were for the fact we have a town just to the south of us that is reeeeally close to this name and people would inevitably here the town name instead of the actual name. lol
B) Much prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f]. When I see Briya, my brain wants to make it a long I instead of a short one and pronounce it like [name_m]Brian[/name_m] without the N.
C) At first thought, I would not consider [name_f]Bria[/name_f] “divalicious” at all. The more I think about it, the more I could maybe see it, but for me [name_f]Bria[/name_f] is more of a quiet, understated, soft (but still with some spunk) name which are not terms I would use to describe any of the other names you’ve listed.