Briar or Scout?

We love [name_u]Briar[/name_u] (with possible nicknames [name_f]Bree[/name_f] or Bry) for our second baby due in a couple of months but I’ve been thinking about [name_u]Scout[/name_u] lately. Big sis is [name_u]Willow[/name_u].

Both are absolutely lovely! [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_u]Briar[/name_u] feel very themed together, which you may or may not want. [name_m]Just[/name_m] something to consider!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Scout[/name_u]

A tough choice between those two! Both are perfect sister names to [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. I used to dislike [name_u]Briar[/name_u] because of it’s similarity to the name [name_m]Brian[/name_m] (which is maybe a more personal issue). It has really been growing on me, however. I think I prefer it over [name_u]Scout[/name_u] even though I could never use it.

Both work as sisters to [name_u]Willow[/name_u]! I think [name_u]Scout[/name_u] adds a variety to the sibset that you may appreciate if you have more children in the future, while still fitting wonderfully, but [name_u]Briar[/name_u] absolutely fits as well.

If I had to choose, I’d go with [name_u]Briar[/name_u] at the moment as it’s the name you’ve loved longer. If you feel a sense of disappointment at the idea of not using [name_u]Scout[/name_u], there’s your answer! You can’t go wrong with either, though.

2 Likes

Briar is nice but I prefer [name_u]Scout[/name_u]. I love its literary, tomboyish vibe!

1 Like

I adore the literary and quirky [name_u]Scout[/name_u] but [name_u]Briar[/name_u] is lovely too

Although I love [name_u]Scout[/name_u], I struggle to imagine it on a grown woman. It feels very cutesy and nicknamey to me. [name_m]Even[/name_m] the literary character wasn’t called [name_u]Scout[/name_u] as her actual name. [name_u]Briar[/name_u] has the same sweet charm but also has the qualities of a ‘full name’.
[name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_u]Briar[/name_u] feel like the perfect siblings.
Actually [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] sounds nice to me!!

2 Likes

I’m seconding @MargotAbeline’s suggestion of [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]! Both are lovely names, but I do struggle to imagine an adult [name_u]Scout[/name_u]. [name_u]Briar[/name_u] is beautiful and sounds great with [name_u]Willow[/name_u]!

6 Likes

I think [name_u]Briar[/name_u] works best with [name_u]Willow[/name_u], but both are great!

2 Likes

Scout!

2 Likes

I prefer [name_u]Briar[/name_u] (or [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]).

I vote for [name_u]Briar[/name_u].

I prefer [name_u]Briar[/name_u] myself, but [name_u]Scout[/name_u] is definitely a great choice.

As @may.rose said, [name_u]Willow[/name_u] & [name_u]Briar[/name_u] might create a theme, which you might not want, especially if you plan to have more than two children. [name_u]Willow[/name_u] & [name_u]Scout[/name_u] go together well without being too match-y. [name_m]Just[/name_m] something to consider.

You really can’t go wrong here, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scout feels like a pet name for me. I definitely prefer [name_u]Briar[/name_u] and I think [name_u]Willow[/name_u] & [name_u]Briar[/name_u] are lovely together!

Briar!

Ooh both are lovely. I think briar might mature better than scout, but that’s just my take. [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_u]Briar[/name_u] are gorgeous together.

I’m kinda liking [name_u]Scout[/name_u] with [name_u]Willow[/name_u]!

1 Like

This is hard! Both would be perfect and are names that I love. I slightly prefer [name_u]Scout[/name_u] but you can’t go wrong.

2 Likes

I have a big soft spot for [name_u]Briar[/name_u], I just love the name and think its so sweet, [name_u]Briar[/name_u] and [name_u]Willow[/name_u] are very on theme, and if you don’t want to stick with a nature theme for future children, you may want to consider that.

1 Like