🍂 Bridie names a brother & sister for your combos!

Brothers
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] and [name_m]James[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
For [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and Eleanor’s siblings I wanted to keep the first names classic, with an [name_f]English[/name_f] air and in doing so accidentally made them all royal names. For the first option I went with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], visually it has a lot similarities to [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but has historical ties to [name_m]Henry[/name_m], with [name_m]Henry[/name_m] VIII’s brother being [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Prince[/name_m] of [name_m]Wales[/name_m]. I wanted to continue the nature middles, but like [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] I wanted a name that had a long history of use outside of being a nature name. I went with [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] which beyond being the name of a bird, means ‘traveller’ and was brought to [name_f]English[/name_f] through [name_m]French[/name_m] where pelegrin referred to a religious pilgrim. For the second option I went for [name_m]James[/name_m], this classic was borne by two [name_f]English[/name_f] kings (and seven Scottish) and is one of the few names that has never been out of the US top 100. One of it’s greatest strengths is the amount of nickname options, nameberry loves [name_m]Jem[/name_m], I’m particularly fond of [name_m]Jamie[/name_m], but a little [name_m]Jimmy[/name_m] would also be a sight for sore eyes. Much like with [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] I wanted a grounded (no pun intended) nature name and went for [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], not only a species of tree, but also a literary name through the author [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m].

[name_f]Sister[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
One of my clearest [name_f]Berry[/name_f] memories was watching a livestream in which the author [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Green[/name_m] asked the then [name_m]President[/name_m] [name_m]Obama[/name_m] whether he should name his daughter (a sister to Henry) [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. [name_m]President[/name_m] [name_m]Obama[/name_m] avoided the question, but it has forever linked [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] in my mind so I had to add [name_f]Alice[/name_f] to your sibset. A much less used royal name [name_f]Alice[/name_f] was most recently used by [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] for her second daughter. For Alice’s middle I went for [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], I thought the 'Mary" beginning tied to something a little bit more grounded while being nearly as airy as [name_m]Sparrow[/name_m]. For the second sister I went for [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], used near constantly by the [name_f]English[/name_f] royal family during the middle ages much like [name_m]Henry[/name_m], the name comes from [name_m]German[/name_m] and means ‘strength in battle’. I particularly think that [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] go together beautifully, especially as nicknames as [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Tillie[/name_f]. For Matilda’s middle I thought I’d link back to [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] with another precious stone and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], flows perfectly.

Sisters
[name_f]Carys[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] and [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] [name_f]Arden[/name_f] [name_m]Oak[/name_m]
For Amara’s sisters I wanted names in that sought after category of reasonably well known without be overused. For the first option I went with [name_f]Carys[/name_f] a Welsh name meaning ‘love’. I think it suits the ar sound of [name_f]Amara[/name_f] without sounding to match-y. For the middle I wanted a more modern name like [name_f]Everly[/name_f] and I thought [name_f]Willow[/name_f] would match that but also tie in to [name_m]Thorne[/name_m]. To work with [name_m]Thorne[/name_m] more directly I finished the combo with [name_m]Fox[/name_m], more traditionally used for boys I think it suits the more unisex [name_m]Thorne[/name_m]. For the second option I went for [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], while it hasn’t come to the US it’s been in the UK charts since at least 1996. It comes from the name of the Saxons, a Germanic tribe that came to [name_f]England[/name_f], and originally comes from the Germanic word sahs meaning ‘knife’. To match with [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_f]Everly[/name_f] I went with the slightly more gender neutral [name_f]Arden[/name_f], it’s a [name_f]English[/name_f] surname that comes from the Celtic word ‘ard’ meaning ‘high’. For Saskia’s one syllable nature name I thought something sturdier with [name_m]Oak[/name_m], to balance out the swaying Ss of [name_f]Saskia[/name_f].

Brothers
[name_m]Rafa[/name_m] [name_m]Hartley[/name_m] [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Walker[/name_m] [name_m]Bram[/name_m]
For the boys I was really drawn to [name_m]Rafa[/name_m], it seemed to have the same flow of [name_f]Amara[/name_f]. [name_m]Rafa[/name_m] is a Spanish and Portuguese nickname for [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] meaning ‘God heals’. Like [name_f]Amara[/name_f] it appears in various different languages unrelated, as [name_m]Rafa[/name_m] is also an Arabic girl’s name meaning ‘happiness’ or ‘prosperity’. For Rafa’s middle name I wanted something that leaned a little bit more feminine to match Saskia’s more masculine middles so I went with [name_m]Hartley[/name_m], an [name_f]English[/name_f] name meaning ‘stag’s field’ much as [name_f]Everly[/name_f] means ‘boar’s field’. For his second middle I went for [name_m]Brooks[/name_m], it’s a nature name that’s climbing in popularity, but it always reminds me of Meg’s husband in [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women Mr. [name_f]Brooke[/name_f]. For the second option I wanted to match the popularity of [name_f]Amara[/name_f], I went with [name_m]Felix[/name_m], a latinate darling meaning ‘lucky’ or successful’. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is only about two dozen spots below [name_f]Amara[/name_f] in the US charts. For Felix’s middle name I went with [name_m]Walker[/name_m], like [name_f]Everly[/name_f] he’s a relatively new entrant to the US Top 100. He brings a bit of western flair through [name_m]Walker[/name_m] [name_m]Texas[/name_m] [name_m]Ranger[/name_m] to the sibset in a way that reminds me very much of [name_m]Thorne[/name_m]. To finish the combo I went with [name_m]Bram[/name_m], a nickname for [name_m]Abraham[/name_m], meaning ‘father of many’, which is also famously the name of the author of [name_m]Dracula[/name_m], [name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Stoker[/name_m].

1 Like

If you don’t mind and have time, could I get some siblings for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]?

Sisters
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
For Sunday’s siblings I really wanted to match that almost sunshine-y feeling of the name, so for the first option I went for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is a virtue name that means happiness and ultimately comes from the latin felcitas which means ‘good luck’. Aside from the literal meaning she has a light, spring-y nature that I could see in matching floral dresses with [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. For the middle name I wanted something closer to [name_f]Claire[/name_f], a solid classic with some of the same sunshine, I was drawn to [name_f]Anne[/name_f] as I thought there was no one who suited this vibe better than [name_f]Anne[/name_f] [name_f]Shirley[/name_f]. (I’m also watching Father of the [name_f]Bride[/name_f] as I write this and have [name_f]Annie[/name_f] Banks-MacKenzie on the mind). For the second option I wanted some that still had the airy, sunshine of [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] with a slight nod to the spiritual calm of [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], I went with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. It’s a romantic [name_m]French[/name_m] name coming from Greek meaning ‘bearer of good news’. It’s been used in poetry and more recently as the firefly-turned-star in [name_f]Princess[/name_f] and the Frog. To complete Evangeline’s combo I went with [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], a light, bright [name_f]English[/name_f] surname that means ‘cheerful’.

Brothers
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Bellamy[/name_m] and [name_m]Leander[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
For Sunday’s brothers I knew I had to use [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], this hebrew name has a similar spiritual background to [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] while also sharing it sunshine-y feeling. The name comes from the story of [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], who being told by an angel after years of infertility that she would have a child, laughed. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], her son, was named for this, with [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] meaning ‘he will laugh’. For Isaac’s middle name I went for [name_m]Bellamy[/name_m], this surname comes from the [name_m]French[/name_m] phrase bel ami or ‘beautiful friend’ which keeps the joyful energy of his siblings. For the second option I was drawn to [name_m]Leo[/name_m] as a summery sunshine option, but I wanted something a little bit longer so I extended it to [name_m]Leander[/name_m], which still offers the nickname opportunity of [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. To finish out the sibset, I used [name_m]David[/name_m] another biblical name with the solid, stability of [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Anne[/name_f] that finishing out the joyful, sunshine theme with his meaning ‘beloved’.

1 Like

Sisters
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
For Margot’s siblings I wanted first names that were popular on Nameberry without being overly popular in the real world (using US numbers). For the first option I went with [name_f]Freya[/name_f], both names entered the charts in 2013 and have been climbing steadily since. The name originally comes from Norse mythology and means ‘lady’, [name_f]Freyja[/name_f] was the Norse goddess of love and beauty. For Freya’s middle I wanted to match [name_f]Wren[/name_f] with an approachable nature name, that isn’t quite a staple like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. I thought [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] filled the brief quite nicely while adding the sharp, clean feel of juniper berry gin. For the second option I went for [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], I thought it shared the same [name_f]British[/name_f] popularity and [name_m]French[/name_m] sound of [name_f]Margot[/name_f], as well as the same playful and youthful air. I wanted to ground the lighter [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] with a the slightly harsher sounds of [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] with raspy H and the hard Z coming together quite beautifully.

Brothers
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
For your boys I started with [name_m]Silas[/name_m], it connects to the natural theme of [name_f]Wren[/name_f] with a natural meaning. [name_m]Silas[/name_m] comes from the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] name [name_m]Silvanus[/name_m] which means ‘of the woods’. It also has the same balance of being well known without being overused. For Silas’ middle I went with the gender neutral [name_m]Rowan[/name_m], it’s both a word name - the rowan tree is also known as the mountain ash - but the anglicisation of an [name_f]Irish[/name_f] name Ruadhán meaning ‘little red one’. To finish out the sibset I went for [name_m]Felix[/name_m], from the latin for ‘lucky’ or ‘successful’, the name has never been out of the US top 500 but doesn’t have the feeling of being over used. For Felix’s middle I went for [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], it has a history as a nature name being the name of a gemstone, but it’s also been used as an name for a very long time, with [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] being a variant of [name_m]Casper[/name_m] or [name_m]Gasper[/name_m] which is usually given as one of the names of the Three [name_m]Wise[/name_m] Men, traditionally the one who gives frankincense.

Sorry, I know I’m here a lot, but could you do [name_m]Leander[/name_m] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Rome[/name_m] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Searose[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]? Thank you so much!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! If you’re still doing these, I’d love a brother and sister for [name_m]Abel[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] Storm…Thank you!!! :fox_face: :coffee: :leaves: