šŸ‚ Bridie names a brother & sister for your combos!

aw thank you so much! lorcan emrys is so handsome and I really love the explanations as well!

1 Like

Sisters
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u] and [name_f]Edda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

I loved the idea of a Scandinavian first with a nature middle. [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] might be a bit of a Nameberry favourite while [name_f]Dagmar[/name_f] and [name_f]Tiril[/name_f] are less well known but I thought the nickname [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] made her worth mentioning, I thought [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u] balanced it out a bit as a less used floral name. [name_f]Edda[/name_f] is a favourite of mine and used for epics like Poetic [name_f]Edda[/name_f] and Prose [name_f]Edda[/name_f] where we get most of our knowledge of Norse mythology, while [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] seems like a perfect sister to [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f].

Brothers
[name_m]Einar[/name_m] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] and [name_m]Konrad[/name_m] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]

[name_m]Einar[/name_m] is another favourite of mine that comes from the einherjar, the warriors in [name_f]Valhalla[/name_f], and literally means ā€˜lone warriorā€™ and combined with the middle name [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] I think it brings to mind the image of a snowy forrest. I wanted a something that was a little bit clunkier like [name_f]Dagmar[/name_f] and [name_f]Tiril[/name_f] and the first thing that came to mind was [name_m]Konrad[/name_m] with the softer, airy nature name [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] as a middle.

1 Like

Sisters
Coila and Norna

I wanted to stick to the same kind of unexpected literary names like [name_m]Tarka[/name_m] and [name_u]Zooey[/name_u]. Coila was [name_u]Robert[/name_u] Burnsā€™ name for his muse in his poem ā€˜The Visionā€™, where she provides inspiration and encouragement. Norna was invented by [name_u]Walter[/name_u] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] for his novel ā€˜The Pirateā€™ and was based on the Norns from Norse Mythology.

Brothers
[name_u]Finch[/name_u] and [name_m]Howl[/name_m] / [name_m]Howell[/name_m]

I took [name_u]Finch[/name_u] rather than the more popular [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] from To Kill a Mockingbird, who often makes the list of Best Characters in Fiction over the past century. For another interesting name, [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] based [name_u]Finch[/name_u] on her father, [name_m]Amasa[/name_m] [name_m]Coleman[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. [name_m]Howl[/name_m] - or [name_m]Howell[/name_m] if you prefer the more classical Welsh version - is taken from Howlā€™s Moving Castle by [name_f]Dianna[/name_f] [name_u]Wynne[/name_u] [name_m]Jones[/name_m].

1 Like

Very creative, thank you! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the boy names especially :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Sisters
Pandora-Hope and Liberty-Bloom

So, I donā€™t usually use double-barrels so this might not be my best work. [name_f]My[/name_f] first option is Pandora-Hope based on the myth of [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] where [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is the only thing left in the box when all of the evils escaped, it also comes with the adorable nickname [name_u]Panda[/name_u]. A little more based on Honesty-Rose is Liberty-Bloom, with the sweet nickname [name_f]Libby[/name_f].

Brothers
Leighton-James and Reuben-Ford

Matching Tyler-Jesse more closely I got Leighton-James, [name_u]Leighton[/name_u] comes from a place name but itā€™s also the name of painter [name_m]Frederic[/name_m], [name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_u]Leighton[/name_u] and [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] and [name_u]James[/name_u] make excellent brothers. Switching it around and putting the classical biblical name first and a more modern last name second we get Reuben-Ford with the option of the cute nickname [name_u]Rue[/name_u].

1 Like

Pandora-Hope is amazing! I love the nickname [name_u]Panda[/name_u], it is so playful. The story behind this name is so meaningful.
Liberty-Bloom is lovely, so floral and with a cute nickname that is already on my list.
Leighton-James has the modern vibe I like, and [name_u]Leighton[/name_u] and [name_f]Libby[/name_f] sound so cute together!
Reuben-Ford fascinates me. I love Biblical names, so [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] is great, and [name_m]Ford[/name_m] is so modern and its surname-style Americanizes the name, too, which is what I am after.
Thank you!

1 Like

@GenevieveReine oh wow, these are all beautiful and thank you for all thought you put into them :heart::heart:

[name_u]Betony[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is so intriguing and wonderful, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f] is bright and sweet, [name_u]Hedley[/name_u] [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is so so cook and unexpected and [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_m]Moss[/name_m] is brilliant -I always forget about [name_m]Moss[/name_m] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brothers
[name_m]Oren[/name_m] [name_m]Alastar[/name_m] and [name_u]Jack[/name_u] [name_m]Riordan[/name_m]

Much like [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] or [name_m]Malachy[/name_m], [name_m]Oren[/name_m] has two meanings one Hebrew - ā€˜pine treeā€™ - and one Irish - ā€˜little dun-coloured oneā€™ - while [name_m]Alastar[/name_m] is the Irish version of the classic [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. [name_m]Oren[/name_m] also has the same sort of sharp and quick sound as [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. Based more on the sound and popularity [name_u]Jack[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] seem like they were made to be brothers. [name_m]Riordan[/name_m] comes from an Irish surname which refers to a ā€˜poet of the kingā€™.

Sisters
[name_f]Nessa[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Honora[/name_f] [name_f]Eilish[/name_f] ā€œNoraā€

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] and [name_m]Oren[/name_m], [name_f]Nessa[/name_f] has both a Hebrew and Irish meaning. In Irish mythology [name_f]Nessa[/name_f] was [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of Ulster whose son [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_u]Connor[/name_u] fought against [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is a Nameberry favourite, but itā€™s beautiful with a rich history. [name_f]Honora[/name_f] is a name that was commonly used in [name_u]Ireland[/name_u] in the Victorian era and unsurprisingly means honourable. [name_f]Eilish[/name_f] has gotten a lot of attention recently, but itā€™s originally the Irish version of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

1 Like

Ooh this is cool!

Iā€™d love to see siblings for [name_f]Rumer[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]!

This seems like such a fun idea, if you have the time to do a few more I would love to see siblings for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]MairƩad[/name_f] & [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]!

Thanks!

thank you for doing this!! :blush:

Iā€™d love to see what comes to mind for [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] (g) & [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] (b), please! whenever you have the time, no rush :smiling_face:

(if it helps, [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] is an elvish word meaning ā€œsun starā€, and the name of a golden flower. [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] is pronounced bass-tee-in!)

could you please do maeve olympia for me? thanks in advance, these are lovely :relaxed:

So exciting! If you have time, I would love to hear your sibling ideas for [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]! Thank you:)

I love the ones youā€™ve done so far! If you are still doing it, Iā€™d love to see you ideas for siblings to a boy named [name_u]Nova[/name_u] [name_u]Creek[/name_u]

Sisters
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Constance[/name_f] and [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]

I thought the most important thing with your combos was the flow, theyā€™re gorgeously flowy and I felt like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f] are such Nameberry favourites that I wanted to recommend some firsts that donā€™t get as much attention. [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] is the Welsh variant of [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] that feels a little more spritely and I think would sit perfectly between [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f], with [name_f]Constance[/name_f] grounding her a little bit. With [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] I wanted to go a little further afield, matching more to [name_f]Juno[/name_f], she was the [name_f]Lady[/name_f] of the Labyrinth in Greek Mythology and from her name we get the very popular [name_f]Ariana[/name_f]. I thought with harsher sounds in the first a softer middle like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] would keep the balance and flow of your names.

Brothers
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] and [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]

I think Sacha/Sasha is starting to have a bit of a comeback, being used by celebrities like @katinka of Nameberry, itā€™s a sunny nickname for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and combined with [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], which is sharper and stately, I think it keeps the same flow as your original girls. [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] might be a little too much paired with [name_f]Juno[/name_f], but with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] I think it would be perfect, itā€™s a aristocratic Scottish name used by Clan [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] to honour their mythical founder and paired with the nature name / literary name combo of [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] I think he would make a perfect brother for [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Coraline[/name_f].

1 Like

:joy:

Thank you for making my morning, Bridie :laughing: These combos are fab, by the way!

3 Likes

Sisters
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and [name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

I wanted to go classic for you without recommending [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], so I offer up my darling girl [name_f]Helena[/name_f], sheā€™s got ancient heritage and her variants have been used for thousands of years and she has lots of nickname options. Matching with [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] I went with [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], a little bit more common, but it still has the biblical earthiness. Maud(e) might be a bit more of an acquired taste but I just thought siblings name [name_f]Maude[/name_f] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] would be perfect, with the softer, flowier [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] to balance it out.

Brothers
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

For the boys I went for kind of classic names pairing more to [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - I think [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] would be a gorgeous sibset - but also [name_u]Tommy[/name_u] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] is just adorable. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] has the same sort of stately rhythm as [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], it feels like it could belong to someone with a title and be announced in the Times. For Arthurā€™s middle I went for something pairing more to [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] - the sturdy somewhat earthy [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m].

1 Like

Brothers
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u] and [name_u]Cecil[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]

With your boys I wanted to keep that 1920s-30s dandy vibes that I was getting from [name_m]Irving[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m], though maybe Iā€™ve just been watching too much of [name_u]David[/name_u] Suchetā€™s [name_m]Hercule[/name_m] Poirot and Iā€™m loosing all context. I thought [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] and [name_u]Cecil[/name_u] would make perfect brothers to [name_m]Irving[/name_m] - especially [name_m]Irving[/name_m] and [name_m]Ernest[/name_m], that share that same crunchy sound. With [name_u]Cecil[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] I wanted the middle to have the same feeling as [name_u]Anne[/name_u] and I thought [name_u]James[/name_u] had the same classic, regal ring - while [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u] was slightly more dandified.

Sisters
[name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] ā€œNellā€ and [name_f]Beryl[/name_f] [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u]

For your girls I wanted at least one of the firsts to have the same kind forgotten frankness of [name_u]Anne[/name_u] and my first thought was [name_f]Helen[/name_f] and I couldnā€™t stop myself from adding [name_f]Nell[/name_f] (Nell is my [name_u]Kit[/name_u], if you believe hard enough you can nickname anyone Nell). I thought like with [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Desdemona[/name_f] you needed a weighty middle to balance it out, so I picked the imperial [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]. I wanted to go a little bit more unexpected with the second option so I went with [name_f]Beryl[/name_f], a nature name with mothballs that I think would pair beautifully with [name_u]Anne[/name_u] and [name_m]Irving[/name_m], especially with the floral [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u] in the middle spot.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see one for either [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Yvette[/name_f] or [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Brothers
[name_f]Halliday[/name_f] [name_m]Renard[/name_m] ā€œHalā€ and [name_m]Benno[/name_m] [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] ā€œBenā€

Not going to lie, I had a good bit of fun with this one. For [name_m]Hal[/name_m], I thought [name_f]Halliday[/name_f] felt like a blend between [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] and [name_u]Faraday[/name_u] and I want to find another [name_u]French[/name_u] word name like [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] and I found [name_m]Renard[/name_m] which means [name_u]Fox[/name_u] (take a Nameberry classic but make it French). [name_m]Benno[/name_m] I think matched the vibe and sound of [name_f]Boheme[/name_f], a [name_m]German[/name_m] nicknamed for [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] it also has the sweet nature name meaning ā€˜bearā€™ with [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] paired to [name_u]Briar[/name_u].

Sisters
[name_u]Solace[/name_u] [name_f]Erlea[/name_f] ā€œSolā€ and Enara [name_f]Lore[/name_f]

With the girls I really wanted to find something to pair to [name_f]Eska[/name_f], it has similar sounds to a lot a Basque names, I went with [name_f]Erlea[/name_f] - ā€˜beeā€™ - and [name_f]Ainara[/name_f] - ā€˜sparrowā€™ - love a good nature meaning. [name_f]Lore[/name_f] has two sides going for it paired with story as ancient lore, but itā€™s also a Basque nature name as well meaning. Based on the [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] I wanted to find another word name but I had a hard time finding one that matched Bohemeā€™s vibe and ended tied between [name_u]Solace[/name_u] and [name_u]Solstice[/name_u].

1 Like