🍂 Bridie names a brother & sister for your combos!

Thank you so much Bridie!! These are awesome! I absolutely love them (:

1 Like

Sisters
[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]

First of all I love [name_f]Eadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Oona[/name_f] together, they’re gorgeous. First I wanted to continue the vowel theme with [name_f]Ines[/name_f], I think the three different endings make them feel very distinct and keeping to the theme of short first, long middle I went with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] to give a more classically feminine sound after the -s ending. For the [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] I went with a spring-y animal name to pair with [name_f]Oona[/name_f] and another medieval princess-y name like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] in the middle spot with [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f].

Brothers
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

For your boys I tried to pair one to [name_f]Eadie[/name_f] and one to [name_f]Oona[/name_f] since I wasn’t sure which way your boys names go. For [name_f]Oona[/name_f] I went with [name_m]Viggo[/name_m], it has the same interesting o sounds and I think Celtic and Nordic names tend to work really well as siblings without creating to obvious theme. I paired [name_u]Auden[/name_u] to [name_f]Eadie[/name_f], very vowel heavy and based in old Anglo-Saxon names. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] both gave me the same stately classic feeling as [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f].

1 Like

Brothers
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] and [name_m]Myles[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

I got a real [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women vibe from your middle names so I ran with it and used [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] as a middles, while [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] has the same Victorian literary pedigree as [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. [name_m]Myles[/name_m], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] match in their short soft sound, with no harsh consonant sound. [name_m]Myles[/name_m] over [name_u]Miles[/name_u] is completely personal preference.

Sisters
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_u]Honor[/name_u] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

I could definitely see [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as victorian sisters in little white pinafores, for the second option I wanted to keep to your vintage vibes while picking less of a Nameberry darling, I went with [name_u]Honor[/name_u] a under-utilised virtue name with the option of the sweet nickname [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. For the girls middles I went with to classic [name_u]French[/name_u] girls to pair with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

lucie adelaide and sofia wilhelmina! :tulip::pleading_face:

fun fun! thanks for doing this – i know from experience that it’s a bit overwhelming and not super easy :grin:

could you do a brother & sister for diana june, augustus brave, & eloise faye?

oh this made my day! [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]? what a stunner. [name_f]Ines[/name_f], [name_m]Viggo[/name_m], and [name_u]Auden[/name_u] are all home runs and I’ve loved reading through your thoughts!!

1 Like

Brothers
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Caradoc[/name_m] and [name_u]Harlan[/name_u] Glyndwr

Elinor-Enid is possibly the most beautiful double-barrel I’ve ever heard and I really want to match her character, sort of musty while also grand. For first name I went with [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] and [name_u]Harlan[/name_u], I thought [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] paired closer to [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] without being to common and [name_u]Harlan[/name_u] has the air or forgotten quasi-classic, and it’s meaning includes rabbits so that’s a real bonus. For the Welsh middles I wanted to avoid the more well known -wen/-wyn names, and while [name_m]Caradoc[/name_m] may be a low-key Nameberry classic it’s still gorgeous especially with [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]. A little more out there I went with [name_u]Harlan[/name_u] Glyndwr, a Welsh rebel with a powerful sounding nature names.

Sisters
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Eluned[/name_f] and [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] Nest

The girls were harder - mainly because I couldn’t figure out what name wouldn’t be overshadowed by Elinor-Enid. I ended up going with [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], a very stately, biblical choice like [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], that can hold its own and also has the added benefit of the nickname [name_f]Tabby[/name_f]. With [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] I wanted to lean a little harder outside the box with something that could match Elinor-Enid’s grandeur so I went with this Scottish sovereignty name. For the girls Welsh middles I went with an Arthurian choice for [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and for [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] the more relaxed medieval nickname doubling as a nature name Nest.

1 Like

If you don’t mind, can you do [name_f]Avalon[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] and [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] (g/g/b/b)?

You can add middles as well. Thank you.

I honestly have no words!!! These names are everything I could have asked for and more :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Caradoc[/name_m] is just the perfect brother name while [name_u]Harlan[/name_u] GlyndĆ”r is so understated and full of history! As for the girls, [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Eluned[/name_f] is darling and [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] Nest is just so ethereal and magical :cherry_blossom: I am also absolutely chuffed to bits that you love Elinor-Enid so much! I’m so glad to have shared her with you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

ooh can i have siblings for tinsley june please? :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Brothers
[name_m]Eliseo[/name_m] Óscar and [name_u]RubĂ©n[/name_u] [name_m]Pelayo[/name_m]

Spanish name aren’t necessarily my wheelhouse, but I gave it my all. For the boys I went with one with a more popular first and unexpected middle and vice versa. [name_m]Eliseo[/name_m] and [name_u]RubĂ©n[/name_u] both have the same Hebrew roots as [name_u]Lior[/name_u], with [name_m]Eliseo[/name_m] be less common than [name_u]RubĂ©n[/name_u], but both of them have sweet nickname options with [name_u]Eli[/name_u] and and [name_u]Rue[/name_u]. For the middles I went with nature names, pairing towards [name_m]LĂ©on[/name_m] and [name_f]Paloma[/name_f], Óscar has Irish roots with a ‘deer’ meaning while playful [name_m]Pelayo[/name_m] comes a Greek word for the sea.

Sisters
[name_f]Julieta[/name_f] Azahar and [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] [name_f]Ofri[/name_f]

[name_f]Julieta[/name_f] has been opened up to an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking audience by the healer-mother in Encanto and I think [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] and [name_f]Julieta[/name_f] would be gorgeous sisters, paired with the floral [name_u]Marian[/name_u] title ‘orange blossom’, it makes a sweet pairing to the dove-y [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]. I couldn’t leave [name_u]Lior[/name_u] without a paired short Hebrew name, I went with [name_f]Ofri[/name_f], which like Óscar has a deer meaning (I do love a good deer name) and the more popular [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] balances it out and also gives the lovely imagery of a deer in the forest.

1 Like

Sisters
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] and [name_f]Salma[/name_f] [name_f]Araceli[/name_f]

With the girls I wanted two options, one that matches more literally to [name_f]Rumer[/name_f] and one that takes things in a different direction. [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is also a surname and [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] is also an under appreciated variant of a hyper-popular name and paired I think [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] matches the character of [name_f]Rumer[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]. Going a little bit more outside of the box I tried pairing sounds and compelling meanings, [name_f]Salma[/name_f] is an Arabic name that safe and the two syllables with m in the middle make [name_f]Rumer[/name_f] and [name_f]Salma[/name_f] feel like sisters without being matchy. I do know that you love a good [name_u]Marian[/name_u] name so I couldn’t leave without giving you one so I went with [name_f]Araceli[/name_f] ‘altar of the sky’. (I might have used Azahar but I just used that in my last recommendation post)

Brothers
[name_u]Lupin[/name_u] Wyeth and [name_m]Odin[/name_m] [name_u]Pascoe[/name_u]

The boys were bit difficult, I might have gone a little bit too far left field but I really want to match the vibe of [name_f]Rumer[/name_f]. For the first name I went with [name_u]Lupin[/name_u], it’s a rare boys floral name, but it also as an animal meaning and access to the sweet nickname [name_f]Lu[/name_f] / [name_u]Lou[/name_u]. Wyeth is an underused artist name, or to put more accurately the name of a family of artists, that sounds close enough to popular [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] that its accessible. [name_m]Odin[/name_m] was more of a reach but I thought the oo and uu sounds went really well together and it has the same mysterious vibe and I did want to add another surname to these combos so I went with the playful (seasonal) [name_u]Pascoe[/name_u].

1 Like

Sisters
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] and [name_f]Sorcha[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]

I wanted your first girl to be another Shakespearean name and I thought [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] matched not only that but the Irish history of [name_f]Mairéad[/name_f]. For the middle I wanted to find Nordic name to go with [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] and settled on [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] a floral name that comes from a Swedish botanist [name_m]Carolus[/name_m] Linnaeus. For the second name I wanted an approachable Irish name to match with [name_f]Mairéad[/name_f] and I thought of [name_f]Sorcha[/name_f] (SAWR-eh-kuh) which means radiant and bright. I found while looking for a Nordic name that [name_f]LÊrke[/name_f] was popular in [name_m]Denmark[/name_m] so I went with [name_u]Lark[/name_u] as a middle.

Brothers
[name_u]Darragh[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_u]Celyn[/name_u] [name_m]Aksel[/name_m]

I wanted to use a soft approachable Irish name for one of the boys as well I thought of [name_u]Darragh[/name_u] - an anglisation of two Irish names [name_u]Dara[/name_u] which means ‘oak tree’ and Dáire which mean ‘fruitful, fertile’. I paired [name_u]Darragh[/name_u] with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] to match with [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], both classic, stately names with Greek origins. For the second name I wanted to go with something that matched the sound and Scandinavian history of [name_u]Jensen[/name_u], to match the sound I went with [name_u]Celyn[/name_u] - a welsh name meaning ‘holly’, which can be anglicised to [name_m]Kellan[/name_m] - and to match the Scandinavian vibes I went with [name_m]Aksel[/name_m] - or [name_u]Axel[/name_u] depending.

1 Like

Those look so cool! [name_f]Salma[/name_f] [name_f]Araceli[/name_f] is so nice, also I never see Azahar mentioned, I love her! The boys sound so cool too

1 Like

Sisters
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Camellia[/name_f]

For your first girl I wanted to clearly match to [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], with a popular, sweet, vintage-y Nameberry darling, I went with [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] - though it did take me awhile to decide between the -bel and -belle spellings. I paired it with [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] to match [name_f]Elanor[/name_f], a Tolkein name with a sweet nature meaning that matches with Nameberry favourites like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. For the second I wanted to work based on [name_u]Willow[/name_u], I used a less common floral name, [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] which symbolised love, affection and admiration in the Victorian language of flowers and paired it with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] to match [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_m]Bastian[/name_m].

Brothers
[name_m]Theoden[/name_m] [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] and [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_m]Bowman[/name_m]

I love the idea of [name_u]Willow[/name_u] as a boys name and the two names I got from him was [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] based on the sound and [name_u]Hazel[/name_u], as a traditionally feminine tree name that would perfectly fit a boy. The first name that came to mind when I saw [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] was [name_m]Bowman[/name_m] - an under-used alternative to [name_u]Archer[/name_u] - that along with [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] I think creates wonderful imagery. To match with [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] I went with [name_m]Theoden[/name_m], which as all the perks of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - including the nicknames [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] - without any of the popularity.

1 Like

Sisters
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Croia[/name_f] [name_f]Pallas[/name_f]

For your girls I want to pick one strongly Irish name and one that like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] has a long mythological history. For the Irish name I went with [name_f]Croia[/name_f] (cree-uh) a rising star in the Irish charts that comes from the Irish word which means ‘heart’. I’ve paired it with an under-used greek name [name_f]Pallas[/name_f], an epithet of [name_f]Athena[/name_f] the goddess of wisdom. For the more mythological first I went with [name_f]Freya[/name_f] which I think would be the perfect sister to [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], with a slightly more subtle Greek middle with [name_f]Daphne[/name_f].

Brothers
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] and [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m]

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] are two eternal Irish boys names that crop up in mythology, ancient and medieval history as well as recent history and the playground. I paired ‘red king’ [name_u]Rory[/name_u] with [name_m]Evander[/name_m] a favourite Greek boys name of mine meaning ‘good man’ - is there anything more you could wish a son to be? [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] has a debated meaning but also the added benefit of the boyish nickname [name_m]Mac[/name_m] and I paired it with the golden [name_m]Roman[/name_m] name [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m].

1 Like

Sisters
[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f] [name_f]Maud[/name_f] and [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]

For your first girl I want to take inspiration for Rosalind’s unexpected, yet wearable, medieval heritage. I went with [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f], a medieval [name_u]French[/name_u] variant of [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] that was introduced by [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f] of [name_f]France[/name_f] (her mother was called Taddea which is also gorgeous). It has all the benefits of [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] without the popularity and with the addition of the sweet nickname ‘Beau’. I paired that with another medieval favourite, [name_f]Maud[/name_f], worn by many medieval women including [name_f]Empress[/name_f] [name_f]Maud[/name_f] of [name_u]England[/name_u]. For the second option I wanted to go more Shakespearean with [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], a name with a golden meaning and ancient history dating back to greek myth. I paired [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] with [name_f]Sybil[/name_f], which I thought had the same feeling as [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] with another amazing meaning.

Brothers
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] [name_m]Griffith[/name_m] and [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]

To match medieval [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] I went a little earlier to [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] is famously considered to have been the first [name_m]King[/name_m] of [name_u]England[/name_u] and his name was repopularised by the Victorians (Queen [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] herself had a little [name_u]Prince[/name_u] Alfred). [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] comes with lots of nickname options like [name_u]Alfie[/name_u], [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], [name_u]Eddie[/name_u] and even [name_f]Affie[/name_f]. I’ve paired it to match [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] with [name_m]Griffith[/name_m], another choice with a rich history and a soft lispy ending. For your second choice I picked another Shakespearean choice [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], used in Midsummer’s [name_u]Night[/name_u] [name_u]Dream[/name_u], it’s an underused alternative to [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] with the wonderful meaning of ‘liberator’. I’ve paired [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] with [name_u]Jude[/name_u] to match the punchy one syllable middle [name_f]Blythe[/name_f].

2 Likes

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] please?

1 Like

thank you so much for these bridie!! i love how much thought you have put into all of the combos - and it shows, because they are all breathtaking! i particularly love freya daphne, and i think i’ll be considering pallas, evander and cormac more in the future.

1 Like

Este Wildflower & Emily James please!

1 Like