🍂 Bridie names a brother & sister for your combos!

These are all so beautiful! Could you name siblings for [name_m]Hamza[/name_m] [name_u]Konstantin[/name_u] (m) ?

thank you so much! i love all of these names, they’re so cohesive as a sibset and so beautiful on their own. helena abigail is lovely in particular :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Brothers
Haven Vox and Wren Cosmos

I really wanted to match the unexpected unisex, natural vibe shown in Nova Creek. So for your first option I went with Haven Vox, both of these are more based on Nova but do take some inspiration from Creek. Haven is warm an inviting and I think would make a wonderful little brother to Nova, while Vox the latin word for voice, makes a statement. For you second choice I wanted to work more with the unexpected natural feeling of Creek, Wren is slightly infamous as the over-suggested girls name of Nameberry but as a boy’s name - with it’s links to nature and architecture - its unexpected and fresh. For Wren’s middle I went with Cosmos, a more literal take on the popular Cosmo.

Circe Thyme and Penrose Loch

Your girls were a bit harder but I’m happy with how the came out. I’m a sucker for Circe but I think she really works here with an aggressive nature meaning and an ancient history she works well as a foil to Nova. For Circe’s middle I went with Thyme - a sister name to the popular Rosemary and a nature name made even more interesting by it’s homophone. For the second choice I went with Penrose - Nova is a unisex name that leans more feminine so for his sister I wanted a unisex name that’s traditionally more masculine - while it still has the nickname options Penny and Rosie and like Creek an unexpected water-based middle in Loch.

1 Like

Sisters
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_f]Selah[/name_f]

For your girls I wanted to keep the sort of grand southern style of [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. For your first option I went with [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], it’s a classic, but under utilised and with so much nickname potential - I love [name_f]Sukey[/name_f] but I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea - it also has a flower meaning ‘lily’ to match with sister [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]. I know [name_f]Grace[/name_f] gets short-shrift as ‘filler middle’, but makes the perfect pairing to [name_f]Faith[/name_f] and it has so much class and history and for lack of better word, grace. For you second option I blended the flower name [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] and the [name_u]French[/name_u] classic [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and came up with [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] - I was torn between [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], but [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] has a bit more history and power behind it, being used by [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] twice. For Rosie’s middle I went with [name_f]Selah[/name_f], a Hebrew musical term meant to indicate a pause for reflection in a song.

Brothers
[name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u] and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Haven[/name_u]

Your boys were a bit tougher but I ended up with [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] for your first boys choice, a southern classic with a long historical heritage and the nickname option [name_u]Monty[/name_u]. For Montgomery’s middle name I went with [name_u]Pax[/name_u], the latin word for peace. For your second boys option I went with [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] - I thought [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], sound so perfect as siblings - and with his middle name [name_u]Haven[/name_u] the full meaning of the name is ‘universal safe place’ which is just gorgeous.

Also I know sisters name [name_f]Faith[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], had to mention that, I think their brother’s name was [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] but I’m not 100%

1 Like

Thank you! Your name ideas are absolutely beautiful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sisters
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendoline[/name_f] and [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]

For your girls I wanted a twist on a modern-classic for a first and grand name with history for the middle. For your first option I went with [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] - though it’s a sound-alike to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], it’s actually more related to [name_f]Emily[/name_f] - with the options of [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] or [name_f]Millie[/name_f] as nicknames. For Emilia’s middle I went with [name_f]Gwendoline[/name_f] a little lighter than [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], but has just as ancient a history. For the second option I was torn between [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and ended up with [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - a rising star Scottish nickname for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - to be paired with [name_f]Helena[/name_f] an ancient roman option that’s been used for thousands of years.

Brothers
[name_u]Alden[/name_u] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] and [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

For your boys the middles were easier, [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] match the grand Germanic royal names [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]. For a first name for [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] I went with [name_u]Alden[/name_u], which can be seen as a softening twist on the hyper-popular [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] and all his brothers. [name_u]Alden[/name_u] comes from the Anglo-Saxon name Ealdwine meaning ‘old friend’. To pair with [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] I went with something lighter to pair with [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] and [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - I thought [name_u]Percy[/name_u] had the sort of history to match with the grand middle names.

could I have some siblings for…

margaux fleur
cosette eleanor

:heart:

Wow these are incredible names and combinations! While I might not use the combos in reality, they are all so striking and unexpected.
[name_u]Haven[/name_u] and Cosmos are on my boys list, so you nailed those! I’ve considered [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] for a boy, but I wonder if I actually do prefer it on a girl! I have to admit [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_u]Thyme[/name_u], though neither name is on my radar much, is so fascinating and tempting.
Thank you for your ideas.

1 Like

Sisters
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] and [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f]

For your girls I wanted the fist option to have the same classic roman history as [name_f]Diana[/name_f] and [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], while still being wearable so I went with [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - it has a questionable meaning, but there’s lots of nickname opportunity and St [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] is the patron of musicians which is sweet. For Cecilia’s middle I went with [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] which pairs with the other one syllable word names. For the second I want to match more a Regency/Victorian choice that pulls [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] together so I went with a BritishBabyName favourite [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], an underused gem (pun-intended) with a sweet dove meaning. Maybe with Dove/Dovie as a nickname if you don’t mind stretch. For the middle I went with a slight longer [name_f]Clover[/name_f], I thought it matched the light, springy vibes of [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Faye[/name_f] (I do see the irony of calling [name_u]June[/name_u] a springy name, but it’s not summery and I stand by that)

Brothers
[name_u]Constantine[/name_u] [name_u]Truth[/name_u] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_u]March[/name_u]

For the first boy I wanted something that matched the grandeur of [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], so I went with [name_u]Constantine[/name_u], it has the same roman pedigree - they’re both names of famous emperors. For Constantine’s middle I wanted to go a little bolder to pair with [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] [name_u]Brave[/name_u] so I went with [name_u]Truth[/name_u] - another compelling virtue name. For the second boy’s options I went with [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], something softer to pair with [name_f]Diana[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. With the middle name [name_u]March[/name_u], which works as both a word name - a month name to pair with [name_u]June[/name_u] - and a literary name, for the beloved [name_u]March[/name_u] sisters.

1 Like

Brothers
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] and [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]

For your boys I went with [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] for your first choice, it has a debated meaning but it does have the benefit of boyish-ly sweet nickname [name_m]Mac[/name_m] - [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_m]Mac[/name_m] would make such cute siblings. For your second choice I went with [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], like [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] it’s a Hebrew name that fits in with an Irish sound and you could use the nickname Phin - a sound-alike to the uber popular [name_u]Finn[/name_u].

Sisters
[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] and [name_f]Sorcha[/name_f]

For your first girls pick I wanted something to pair to [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] so I went with [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] - the name of the Irish [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of War - her name literally means ‘great queen’ and she usually referred to as “The Morrigan” as a title rather than a name. It’s also a soundalike to the unrelated Welsh name [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. For your second choice I went with an Irish name that’s a favourite of mine that gets very little attention on Nameberry, [name_f]Sorcha[/name_f] (sur-ih-kuh), it also makes a beautiful alternative to [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f].

1 Like

so sorry i’m so late with this reply!! i just want to say i’m in LOVE with [name_f]Julieta[/name_f] Azahar and [name_u]Rubén[/name_u] [name_m]Pelayo[/name_m] <333 thank you so much these are all stunning

1 Like

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Maud[/name_f]

This is awesome!
Could you do it for my combos,
[name_m]Andrei[/name_m] [name_m]Stephan[/name_m] & [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]? Thanks!!!
Xx