Briggs

What do you guys think of [name_m]Briggs[/name_m]? I found it in our family tree and it caught my eye. What would you pair it with?

Thanks! :blush:

The first thing that comes to mind is the [name_m]Myer[/name_m]-[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] test. It’s the most famous personality test on the internet, so I find it hard not to associate [name_m]Briggs[/name_m] with it!
I’d go for a long, more familiar/traditional middle name.

3 Likes

I also think of the test? Reminds me of [name_m]Bridge[/name_m]? I love [name_u]Bridger[/name_u] as a honor for it nn [name_m]Briggs[/name_m]? Though I love [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] for a girl even more

1 Like

I like it! It fits the cool, rugged surname trend that’s popular right now.

I do agree that I think of Myers-[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] tests, but I don’t think that will be an issue assuming your last name isn’t Myers or anything very similar.

1 Like

I like it! I don’t think I’d use it because it reminds me of the brig from [name_f]Star[/name_f] Trek, as well as Myers-[name_m]Briggs[/name_m], but it’s a great name!

Briggs [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Tierney[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Callahan[/name_u]

Marlow [name_m]Briggs[/name_m]
[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] [name_m]Briggs[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Briggs[/name_m]

2 Likes

Briggs is kind of cool!

Briggs [name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]

1 Like

I like it! Obviously a surname, right? Definitely has a prep school vibe :sunglasses:

Briggs Alexander :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think of [name_m]Major[/name_m] [name_m]Briggs[/name_m] on Twin Peaks so I picture a dotty old military man, last name.

If I used it, I would make sure not to use a word name in the middle nor a one syllable middle.

Briggs [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] or something like that maybe though I prefer [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] [name_m]Briggs[/name_m].

1 Like

Myers-[name_m]Briggs[/name_m], the mother/daughter LN combo. Sounds like a LN to me!

1 Like

I know a few guys named [name_m]Briggs[/name_m] !
I like longer more classic names with [name_m]Briggs[/name_m].
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Johnathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Andreas[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] Cornelian

1 Like

I like [name_m]Briggs[/name_m]. It’s rugged and pretty uncommon. I also think it ages really well.

Briggs [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]

1 Like

I really like it. It’s strong and masculine, not overly common but easily fits with many surnames. So many middles would work well so maybe one of you other favourites or an honour name?

Briggs [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Geoffrey[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]

1 Like

My first thought is the brig! or military jail unfortunately, but [name_m]Briggs[/name_m] is still cute.

Briggs [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Maximillian[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m]

1 Like

I have a friend named [name_m]Briggs[/name_m]! I like it because he’s the only one I’ve ever met. His name is [name_m]Briggs[/name_m] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u].

1 Like

Interesting. I find it in a similar style to [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] and [name_u]Bridger[/name_u]. I perhaps wouldn’t use it as a FN only because it’s not my style but great as a MN spot.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I love all your suggestions :blush: also welcome to Nameberry @Katellrod